• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boris Johnson - let's see how he and his government performs....

exchemist

Veteran Member
Johnson has repeatedly said he takes full responsibility for everything that happens at No.10.

Rats and ship:

- Four senior aides to Boris Johnson resign from No 10
My brother and I are planning champagne and a symbolic pork pie when he goes. The latter for 2 reasons: (i) the "Pork Pie Plot", which started the letters going in to Graham Brady and (ii), the Cockney rhyming slang for Bozo's preferred style of communication.

We could I suppose have planned cake, on the basis that he has been undone by being "pro cake and pro eating it" - on his birthday in No. 10. That must give Donald Tusk a dry chuckle, too. ;)

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
My brother and I are planning champagne and a symbolic pork pie when he goes. The latter for 2 reasons: (i) the "Pork Pie Plot", which started the letters going in to Graham Brady and (ii), the Cockney rhyming slang for Bozo's preferred style of communication.

We could I suppose have planned cake, on the basis that he has been undone by being "pro cake and pro eating it" - on his birthday in No. 10. That must give Donald Tusk a dry chuckle, too. ;)

"One senior Tory MP said the departure of Mirza smacked of “the last days of Rome,” suggesting the number of no confidence letters may now be approaching the threshold of 54 that would trigger a no confidence vote.

If Johnson lost such a vote, which could be held within days, his premiership would be over."

- Four Johnson aides quit in fallout from Downing Street parties

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
The one about to lend us some of our own money?

"More than half of the support package was "effectively a loan" "
- Rishi Sunak defends response as energy bills soar

Yes, it's like you have a lot of people struggling to pay existing debts, then you lend them more money. Weird.
As for the council tax rebate for fuel costs, I reckon most of that will be wiped out by the annual increase in council tax, which has been really high in recent years. Meh!

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
"One senior Tory MP said the departure of Mirza smacked of “the last days of Rome,” suggesting the number of no confidence letters may now be approaching the threshold of 54 that would trigger a no confidence vote.

If Johnson lost such a vote, which could be held within days, his premiership would be over."

- Four Johnson aides quit in fallout from Downing Street parties

I would vote for Smiley Sunak as a replacement for Bozo. Though I find him a bit smarmy at times.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I would vote for Smiley Sunak as a replacement for Bozo. Though I find him a bit smarmy at times.

Only a bit?.. at times?.. i find him smarmy a lot and all the time. But still, in all probability a far better person than bozo boris