• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boris Johnson - let's see how he and his government performs....

Altfish

Veteran Member
"This is the most distrustful, awful environment I’ve ever worked in, in government. Almost nobody tells the truth is what I’ve worked out over the last 36 hours.

“And, you know, I don’t think anyone really can get on their high horse about trust and ethics and all the rest of it in politics, because as far as I’m concerned, most of it is a bit of a cesspit.”

- Ex-minister Johnny Mercer says ‘almost nobody’ tells truth in Johnson’s government

-
The trouble is they can get away with it.
The mainstream media, including the BBC, is just singing the Tory songsheet

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
9AB5EE09-F148-4156-95E4-7E11F06658A9.jpeg

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Johnson's Tory Government in 2021 expects women to do ironing, childcare and shopping and of course comfort hubbie..

Es1Cjq7VEAMIGR-
This is sadly not limited to the UK at all.

Now, I'm not a COVID denier let alone anti-vaxxer, but given the imagery, rhetoric and messaging employed by many conservative European governments during the Pandemic, I can understand how people can see sinister and authoritarian currents in these campaigns. By all accounts, Europe seems to have drawn all of its COVID rhetoric directly from its dark, authoritarian past, with messaging, symbolism and rhetoric that reeks of the three pillars of fascist aesthetics - militant speech, traditionalism, and the singling out of minorities.

exchemist

Veteran Member

I don't expect anything before New Year but the letters will be going in to Graham Brady. As I understand it, if he gets more than 54, there has to be a vote of confidence by the Tory party, in Bozo as leader. He could conceivably win that, but if things get to that point he's probably irreparably damaged and would be wise to throw in the sponge.

I just hope they don't pick a non-entity like Truss or a madman/incompetent like Raab. Either Sunak or Gove would be able to hold the fort I think. Both are clever, hard workers and have some management skills, unlike Bozo.

But the bigger issue is that the Tory Swivel-Eyed Tendency is uncontrollable. Their dominance has increased in the party, thanks to the Brexification purge of Sensibles that Bozo undertook. And these people are out of touch with the electorate, Exhibit A being this absurd howling about Nazi Germany and the Gulag over wearing masks and having a Covid pass for nightclubs etc. All the polls show the people want more controls to stop the virus, not fewer.

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I don't expect anything before New Year but the letters will be going in to Graham Brady. As I understand it, if he gets more than 54, there has to be a vote of confidence by the Tory party, in Bozo as leader. He could conceivably win that, but if things get to that point he's probably irreparably damaged and would be wise to throw in the sponge.

I just hope they don't pick a non-entity like Truss or a madman/incompetent like Raab. Either Sunak or Gove would be able to hold the fort I think. Both are clever, hard workers and have some management skills, unlike Bozo.

But the bigger issue is that the Tory Swivel-Eyed Tendency is uncontrollable. Their dominance has increased in the party, thanks to the Brexification purge of Sensibles that Bozo undertook. And these people are out of touch with the electorate, Exhibit A being this absurd howling about Nazi Germany and the Gulag over wearing masks and having a Covid pass for nightclubs etc. All the polls show the people want more controls to stop the virus, not fewer.
Yes, I'm sure all the tory MPs will be mulling over their future job prospects with their mulled wine till they come back in the new year.
I'm stocked up on the popcorn.

Altfish

Veteran Member

Graham Brady is my MP, totally out of touch with his constituents.

Part of me wants Johnson to hang on, because he will lose the next election bigley; but if he is deposed I suspect the Tories will choose someone who is not tarnished with being a member of this government. Not sure who, but most likely someone we've hardly heard of, a bit like Cameron when he was elected in 200X.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Graham Brady is my MP, totally out of touch with his constituents.

Part of me wants Johnson to hang on, because he will lose the next election bigley; but if he is deposed I suspect the Tories will choose someone who is not tarnished with being a member of this government. Not sure who, but most likely someone we've hardly heard of, a bit like Cameron when he was elected in 200X.
I expect Bozo to limp on for 6 months or so, but one more screw-up involving his lies, or refusal to follow the rules, will do for him. The investigation of the costs of doing up his flat is far from over, and I bet there may be evidence lying around somewhere of him breaking covid rules on other occasions. There almost has to be, as he feels he has to curry favour with the Swivel-Eyed Tendency all the time.