• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boris Johnson - let's see how he and his government performs....

Altfish

Veteran Member
The problem is that most people would probably agree with you.

That is what you get with our current education system and the MSM.
No, that is what you get when you have a government who governs by chaos and disruption. They have lost the people's trust.
If Cummings can do what he wants with no recriminations then so can the populace.

Yerda

Veteran Member
No, she retweeted an anti-Semitic meme about the Israeli Police, RLB has apologised and said it was 'misinterpreted' but it was a stupid thing to do.
Where are you getting that? Everywhere I've seen it reported that she retweeted a Maxine Peake interview in the Independent. In that interview Peake said something about Israeli police training American police (which is true) but specifically that the police who killed George Floyd had learned the tactic from Israeli police (which is untrue).

Long-Bailey was sacked because she correctly sided with the unions against the Government while Starmer sided with the Govt.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Where are you getting that? Everywhere I've seen it reported that she retweeted a Maxine Peake interview in the Independent. In that interview Peake said something about Israeli police training American police (which is true) but specifically that the police who killed George Floyd had learned the tactic from Israeli police (which is untrue).

Long-Bailey was sacked because she correctly sided with the unions against the Government while Starmer sided with the Govt.
No, Starmer said there would be a zero tolerance of antisemitism; there was elements of antisemitism in Peake's article, Peake's apologised, RLB has apologised but realised she'd been wrong. It was an untruth spread by antisemites that Peake chose to repeat

Notanumber

A Free Man
No, that is what you get when you have a government who governs by chaos and disruption. They have lost the people's trust.
If Cummings can do what he wants with no recriminations then so can the populace.

You are pointing your finger at the wrong person.

The police being in retreat is not the answer.

Instead of choosing sides, our political leaders must choose law and order.

Altfish

Veteran Member
You are pointing your finger at the wrong person.

The police being in retreat is not the answer.

Instead of choosing sides, our political leaders must choose law and order.
Police being aggressive has backfired in US; it'll backfire here too

Yerda

Veteran Member
No, Starmer said there would be a zero tolerance of antisemitism; there was elements of antisemitism in Peake's article, Peake's apologised, RLB has apologised but realised she'd been wrong. It was an untruth spread by antisemites that Peake chose to repeat
So we're clear that she didn't retweet an antisemitic meme? She retweeted an interview in a mainstream national newspaper that contained a false statement about police in Israel?

Also, it is the case that Starmer agreed with Johnson that the schools should be opened (as early as mid May) and that makes both of them fools and RLB correct.

Further, when the pretty damning report came out showing that people in the Labour party had been dragging their heels regarding antisemitism in opposition to Corbyn (even refusing to deal with antisemitism complaints sent from his office) Starmer swept it under the rug. This was in his first week as leader. It's clear neither he, nor the right of the Labour party, the media or the wider public gives a flying hoot about antisemitism unless it suits them politically.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You live further away from Scotland than I do and no doubt feel all the safer for it.

Do you consider this stupid as well?

Is being saddened a good enough response?

It is beginning to look like @Altfish is right about Boris.

I have Scottish ancestry,

I consider boris stupid, full stop

And are you saddened by other atrosities such as right wing terrorism? Jo Cox murder, Darren Osborn killing and injuring muslims?

I know @Altfish is right about boris, i am surprised you are so slow in catching on

Notanumber

A Free Man
I have Scottish ancestry,

I consider boris stupid, full stop

And are you saddened by other atrosities such as right wing terrorism? Jo Cox murder, Darren Osborn killing and injuring muslims?

I know @Altfish is right about boris, i am surprised you are so slow in catching on

I am sure that you must think that your Scottish ancestry has some relevance here.

Who is a valid alternative to Boris?

Do you think we are talking about anywhere near 50/50 with the victims of terrorism?

Before jumping in with both feet, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. It is a rightwing trait and something that the Left would be wise to adopt.

Altfish

Veteran Member
So we're clear that she didn't retweet an antisemitic meme? She retweeted an interview in a mainstream national newspaper that contained a false statement about police in Israel?

Also, it is the case that Starmer agreed with Johnson that the schools should be opened (as early as mid May) and that makes both of them fools and RLB correct.

Further, when the pretty damning report came out showing that people in the Labour party had been dragging their heels regarding antisemitism in opposition to Corbyn (even refusing to deal with antisemitism complaints sent from his office) Starmer swept it under the rug. This was in his first week as leader. It's clear neither he, nor the right of the Labour party, the media or the wider public gives a flying hoot about antisemitism unless it suits them politically.
If you say so