• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boris Johnson - let's see how he and his government performs....

Notanumber

A Free Man
So falsify my claim by providing a rational reason why people should have blind loyalty to the place you just happened to have been born in....

I wonder what percentage of the British population share your opinion.

Do you have any stats that show the numbers of those that have emigrated and their rational for doing so?

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
If you don’t care, why should the rest of us?

Should I take that to mean that you don't understand what "rational" means? Come on, this isn't rocket science: I was saying that blind loyalty to the place you just happened to have been born in was irrational and you keep wittering on about statistics that have about a much relevance as the price of fish.

You're just reinforcing the stereotype that leavers and rationality are strangers to each other.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Should I take that to mean that you don't understand what "rational" means? Come on, this isn't rocket science: I was saying that blind loyalty to the place you just happened to have been born in was irrational and you keep wittering on about statistics that have about a much relevance as the price of fish.

You're just reinforcing the stereotype that leavers and rationality are strangers to each other.
Not a number has still failed to define British Values despite it being one of his main reasons for voting Leave.
They do reinforce the image of them being of lower IQ than the average

Shad

Veteran Member
They do reinforce the image of them being of lower IQ than the average

This is why labour lost. It is one thing for you or I to make statements regarding a person. A political party and media pushing such a idea when it needs votes demonstrate low IQ at the party level.

Labour: If you disagree with us you are a bigoted racist with low IQ.
Voter: That sure won you my vote.....

Altfish

Veteran Member
This is why labour lost. It is one thing for you or I to make statements regarding a person. A political party and media pushing such a idea when it needs votes demonstrate low IQ at the party level.

Labour: If you disagree with us you are a bigoted racist with low IQ.
Voter: That sure won you my vote.....
No, I said he reinforces the streotype.
Labour lost because they were useless and had no leader.

Shad

Veteran Member
No, I said he reinforces the streotype.

Where do you think this comes from and who it is propagated by? Media and the party take tiny but loud examples thus turn it into the image you brought up.

Labour lost because they were useless and had no leader.

That lack of leadership is due to what I said.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Where do you think this comes from and who it is propagated by? Media and the party take tiny but loud examples thus turn it into the image you brought up.

That lack of leadership is due to what I said.
It may be one of the reasons why they lost the election but the likes of Notanumber does nothing to contradict it.

Notanumber

A Free Man

You are entitled to your opinion but to expect everyone to agree with it would be pure arrogance of the type shown by the current Remainer Parties.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
You are entitled to your opinion but to expect everyone to agree with it would be pure arrogance of the type shown by the current Remainer Parties.

This really is going way over your head, isn't it? I have made a claim that you could refute by giving any rational basis for having blind loyalty to the place you just happened to have been born in.

Either you can do that or you can't.

Altfish

Veteran Member
You said stereotype ergo an image you hold in your mind of Tory or leave voters.
Yes, but it is a bit like saying "Seeing a French man on a bike in a hooped shirt carrying onions reinforces the stereotypical image of a Frenchman" It doesn't mean that I believe that all males in Paris are like that.

Notanumber

A Free Man
The Remainer establishment considers Leavers to be deplorable.

They will have no qualms about using this virus as an excuse to keep us tied to the EU.