• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boris Johnson - let's see how he and his government performs....

Altfish

Veteran Member
They didn't vote "to stop you having that benefit", they voted on a preferred system of government.

I'm sure if they'd had the choice of Leave + British people being able to work in the EU they'd have taken it. That obviously wasn't an option, and they had other priorities though.
But it was one of the consequences.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Rubbish, we are going backwards. The Tories name is the CONSERVATIVES - conserve means stay the same

Heath was a Tory don’t you know and he took us into the EU.

We tried it and realised that we did not like it so we are moving on.

It is only the stick-in-the-muds that are dragging their feet.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
You produced an opinion and I produced a fact.

Except not only did you not post a fact, you asked a question (you didn't tell us what percentage of people return from Australia). What's more it's a question that has no relevance to what I posted.

If you can give any rational reason why people should have blind loyalty to the place you just happened to have been born in, then go right ahead, otherwise I stand by my claim that it is irrational.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Except not only did you not post a fact, you asked a question (you didn't tell us what percentage of people return from Australia). What's more it's a question that has no relevance to what I posted.

If you can give any rational reason why people should have blind loyalty to the place you just happened to have been born in, then go right ahead, otherwise I stand by my claim that it is irrational.

What you perceive as being irrational is not the same as everyone else no matter how inflated your opinions are.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
What you perceive as being irrational is not the same as everyone else no matter how inflated your opinions are.

So falsify my claim by providing a rational reason why people should have blind loyalty to the place you just happened to have been born in....

Yerda

Veteran Member
The evidence from around the world suggests they wouldn't have prevented anything.

Basically every country was far too slow in reacting, the whole situation might well have been prevented if people had starting acting to reduce travel in January.

Unless Labour were pounding on the drum for this to happen, it's somewhat wishful thinking to believe things would have been significantly different. They'd have bungled it too. Maybe a bit less, maybe a bit more who knows, but wouldn't have made a great deal of difference either way.
Hi. Ok, I disagree but it's a point fairly made.