• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boring travel destinations!

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Some of us oldies had the pleasure of experiencing the unique adventure of the first men to set foot on the moon and of probes sent to other planets. However, this is quite boring in comparison to what future generations might see in decades to come - as articulated in this piece about the probes likely to be sent to the more interesting moons, Europa and Titan (Jupiter) and Enceladus (Saturn), since the discovery of alien lifeforms in the oceans of these is quite possible. The Moon, and Mars, so far have yielded little and are rather boring in comparison, much as most of the other planetary objects in our solar system might be too.

Underneath Santorini rages a volcano that is helping scientists discover space

Now this is what adventures are made of. Wish I could be alive to see what they find but I doubt this will be likely.

As an aside, I visited Santorini in the late 1970s, and had the surprise of my life (I don't know why and it should have been obvious) when snorkelling off the main port. It didn't take long swimming out from shore and diving down to see the bottom drop suddenly into the deepest blue. I didn't attempt to reach the bottom - possibly being 1000ft below. Not your average snorkelling experience, but memorable. And the trek down to the shore was rather less crowded than it apparently is now!