• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Border Shutdown or Build a Wall?

Do you prefer a border shutdown or a border wall?

• I'd prefer a border wall instead of a border shutdown.

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • I'd prefer a border shutdown instead of a border wall.

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Many violent Illegal immigrants from Mexico with violent criminal records have seriously harmed or killed many American citizens,. Our nation needs an effective border security barrier in order to reduce these incidents of violent illegal immigrants trespassing across the U.S.-Mexico border and then harming or killing American citizens. If there's no effective border security barrier to keep out violent criminals from Mexico, then the POTUS has no choice but to close down the Mexico-U.S. border with military force.

So then, would you prefer an effective border security barrier or a border shut down with military force?
Of course, allowing the entry of violent criminals into our nation from Mexico by failing to seal off our nation's southern border is not an option.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Said the fear monger.

The POTUS is not fear mongering; just a few days ago, a legal immigrant policeman in California was killed by an illegal immigrant from Mexico. American citizens are indeed being seriously harmed or killed by violent illegal immigrants who've trespassed across an open American-Mexican border.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Many violent Illegal immigrants from Mexico with violent criminal records have seriously harmed or killed many American citizens,. Our nation needs an effective border security barrier in order to reduce these incidents of violent illegal immigrants trespassing across the U.S.-Mexico border and then harming or killing American citizens. If there's no effective border security barrier to keep out violent criminals from Mexico, then the POTUS has no choice but to close down the Mexico-U.S. border with military force.

So then, would you prefer an effective border security barrier or a border shut down with military force?
Of course, allowing the entry of violent criminals into our nation from Mexico by failing to seal off our nation's southern border is not an option.

I prefer an open border. Where is that option?

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
what a stupid idea, all those American tourists stuck in mexico because the border was shut down, only an imbicile would propose that!!

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

Sorry, I edited my post as you responded. Of course, the POTUS is going to shutdown the border if he doesn't get his proposed border security barrier approved. So then, there'd be no option for an open border.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
what a stupid idea, all those American tourists stuck in mexico because the border was shut down, only an imbicile would propose that!!

They are now given fair notice. Look on the bright side, there'd be little chance of them now getting robbed, kidnapped, raped or killed by all those violent Mexican sex or drug traffickers.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry, I edited my post as you responded. Of course, the POTUS is going to shutdown the border if he doesn't get his proposed border security barrier approved. So then, there'd be no option for an open border.
Then it would either be overturned by the House or challenged in Supreme Court. Its not as if the POTUS gets anything he wants.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Said the fear monger.
Sure. Bury your head in the sand. No one is saying all Mexican immigrants are violent. To the contrary, many are lovely. But to deny that our pourous border also allows an unsavory element to cross unchecked is ignorant.

Watchmen

Premium Member
The POTUS is not fear mongering; just a few days ago, a legal immigrant policeman in California was killed by an illegal immigrant from Mexico. American citizens are indeed being seriously harmed or killed by violent illegal immigrants who've trespassed across an open American-Mexican border.

This happened not far from me. So tragic. Let’s get the illegal violent criminals out of here!

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Then it would either be overturned by the House or challenged in Supreme Court. Its not as if the POTUS gets anything he wants.

If Trump were to seal off the U.S.-Mexico border, he wouldn’t be the first president to do so. Nixon did shut down portions of the border during Operation Intercept in order to keep drugs from entering the U.S. President Reagan briefly shut down the border when a DEA agent went missing. So then, there is historic precedent for Trump to do the same, especially for national security reasons. He doesn’t even need any Congressional approval.

I doubt you would want the border to be closed in such a dramatic fashion; so then, I urge you to please write your Congressional representatives for getting an effective border security barrier approved.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Neither. I vote for defeating Trump because he's lying about closing the border and already backing down about the stupid, won't work non-solution to a non-serious problem.

Trump will cave in. It only requires a bit of pressure and with a Democratic House, he's not yet experienced what real pressure feels like. He will in just a few days.