• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Border Security- Then and Now

Altfish

Veteran Member
Which figures?
Trump: "Every day, Customs and Border Patrol agents encounter thousands of illegal immigrants trying to enter our country."
Trump: "Every week, 300 of our citizens are killed by heroin alone, 90% of which floods across from our southern border."
Trump: MORE THAN 500 'SERIOUS CRIMINALS' ARE IN MIGRANT CARAVAN

Prestor John

Trump: "Every day, Customs and Border Patrol agents encounter thousands of illegal immigrants trying to enter our country."
Trump: "Every week, 300 of our citizens are killed by heroin alone, 90% of which floods across from our southern border."
Trump: MORE THAN 500 'SERIOUS CRIMINALS' ARE IN MIGRANT CARAVAN
None of these stats involve illegal aliens who successfully evade authorities and enter the U.S. without inspection.

Do you even know what we are talking about?

Prestor John

Most come in through airports or over stay a legitimate visa
Are you making the claim that the majority of illegal aliens in the U.S. came into the U.S. on legitimate Visas?

Even if that were true, wouldn't you rather have illegal aliens who passed the screening involved in obtaining a visa rather than those immeasurable unknowns that can enter through the porous southern border without inspection?

At least we know that those who obtained visas aren't murderers and rapists.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
You said,

"What is obvious is that Trump used the wall as a dogwhistle racism issue in his campaign."

So, I and everyone else who wants a wall at the southern border are racist?

Do you apply that standard to Mexico which has a wall at their southern border?

Are Mexicans racist against other Hispanic peoples?

Are all countries that want border security racist?

No, my username is "Prestor John".

Prester John is a fictional patriarch.

The wall is a dog whistle to white supremacist who fear by 2050 whites will be a minority. But like I like to tell my High IQ folks, a wall does not mitigate illegal immigration nor is a wall the primary thing that keeps “illegal immigrants” out.

Prestor John

Edit: wrong video

Uncle Roro can explain

Are you serious?

Other than showcasing how the "mainstream media" are no longer journalists, but activists, what did this video say?

It never once mentioned the wall and how it would not keep illegal immigrants out.

Other than your opinion that the President is racist (pfft), what did you hope to share with this video?

BTW, I watched both the video you posted and this Roland guy sounds like a dumba**.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
The wall is a dog whistle to white supremacist who fear by 2050 whites will be a minority. But like I like to tell my High IQ folks, a wall does not mitigate illegal immigration nor is a wall the primary thing that keeps “illegal immigrants” out.

In other words the wall is a smokescreen to attract white supremacist among his base which has been confirmed through the Charlottesville rally and David Dukes support of Trump's administration.

In addition:

Opinion | Trump's border wall is meant to remind all Latinos that we're unwelcome

Other than showcasing how the "mainstream media" are no longer journalists.

I'm sure you think "Fox News" is journalism.

BTW, I watched both the video you posted and this Roland guy sounds like a dumba**.

I'm for sure certain Roland Martin has more education than you.

Prestor John

In other words the wall is a smokescreen to attract white supremacist among his base which has been confirmed through the Charlottesville rally and David Dukes support of Trump's administration.

In addition:

Opinion | Trump's border wall is meant to remind all Latinos that we're unwelcome
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...l-was-never-just-about-security-it-ncna952011
I completely understand what you are saying.

I'm only calling attention to the fact that you have no evidence to support what you are saying. Only opinion.

You also made a claim that the wall would not mitigate illegal aliens crossing into the U.S. but you have yet to share anything to substantiate that claim.

Now my question to you is - Since Mexico has a wall at their southern border, does that make Mexicans white supremacists?
I'm sure you think "Fox News" is journalism.
Most of what I see on Fox News is opinion.

Sean Hannity openly admits that his show is his opinion.
I'm for sure certain Roland Martin has more education than you.
Even if that were true, why do you believe that having an education can make someone less of a dumba**?

There are a lot of "well educated" dumba**es in Congress.