• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Books bound in human flesh

Frank Goad

I stumbled across this earlier today and thought I would share it. It's from a top list site. No, it does not feature the Necronomicon as that isn't actually a real book. I'm sorry but this sort of thing fascinates me. Enjoy.

10 Books Bound in Human Skin - Listverse
Necronomicon - Wikipedia In one part of this webpage it has a heading like this:
Hoaxes and alleged translations

And it has this: Kenneth Grant, the British occultist, disciple of Aleister Crowley, and head of the Typhonian Ordo Templi Orientis, suggested in his 1972 book The Magical Revival that there was an unconscious connection between Crowley and Lovecraft. He thought they both drew on the same occult forces; Crowley via his magic and Lovecraft through the dreams which inspired his stories and the Necronomicon. Grant claimed that the Necronomicon existed as an astral book as part of the Akashic records and could be accessed through ritual magic or in dreams. Grant's ideas on Lovecraft were featured heavily in the introduction to the Simon Necronomicon and also have been backed by Tyson.[27]

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I have been trying to figure out what I want done with my body when I die. I wouldn’t mind donating my skin as book binding.

The only question is what book?

Chicken soup for the soul? nah

A collection of Ziggy cartoons? maybe

I need to think about this some more.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
No, it does not feature the Necronomicon as that isn't actually a real book.

I mean… I own Simon’s Necronomicon (which has some interesting Lovecraftian reimaginings of the Enuma Eliš) and a signed copy of HR Giger’s Necronomicon… sadly neither are bound in flesh.