• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Book on Gender

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm reading a book on transgender that I would rate maybe 3.75/5 stars.

Book: "Transgender: Fact or Fetish: Reality or Delusion?"

I'll try to describe the book in my own words using my own terms.

The book is written by a philosopher who investigates. I might dismiss some of the stuff said, in such a case, if I didn't agree with it from my own personal experience.

It seeks to tackle the question of whether a person being transgender could be a fetish had by self, but later asserts that transgender people simply see themselves as the opposite gender in their mind. So say a man with gender dysphoria tries to have sex with a woman. Well in their mind, there are two women having sex.

The book later on tackles the subject of gender dysphoria, stating that once the body "decides" it's a different gender, it's like the whole body throws up a "Error" message like a computer and regardless of conventional wisdom, sometimes nothing helps. Except, perhaps, transitioning.

Anyways, ~discussion

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Does it at all account for those who knew who they are before they know what a fettish is or have sexual urges or thoughts? Does it amount for brain structures, with transgender behind looking more like their identified sex than birth sex?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Does it at all account for those who knew who they are before they know what a fettish is or have sexual urges or thoughts?

I'd have to gloss over it some more to determine, but the book starts with someone who wants to be transgender, writing a letter asking if what they're doing is a fetish or not.

I know, it's a weird book. And I have my reasons for not wanting to rate it 5 stars. But in the 75 pages, there were a couple of good points.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Trans stuff has nothing to do with fetishes
Actually, transgender is a broad umbrella term that does include those with a fetish, and a concern of clinical care with someone who presents with gender dysphoria is working out if it is gender dysohoria or a fetish. The word transvestite is often used to denote those with cross-gender fetishes. But not always, as Eddie Izzard described himself as an "executive transvestie," even though most would just consider him a crossdresser since that's all he does.But, he too is transgender as well, despite the labels.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Actually, transgender is a broad umbrella term that does include those with a fetish, and a concern of clinical care with someone who presents with gender dysphoria is working out if it is gender dysohoria or a fetish.

I understand. Just, I'm glad that in any case, restrictions are becoming less and less on being able to be prescribed hormones.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I understand. Just, I'm glad that in any case, restrictions are becoming less and less on being able to be prescribed hormones.
Definitely. Too many of us are forced into buying them online or other sources and go through it with no medical supervision.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

To expand, there are some really good doctors out there. But we still live in a world where miscommunication happens, and even doctors can have biases.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Definitely. Too many of us are forced into buying them online or other sources and go through it with no medical supervision.

In Illinois, if I understand correctly, they're trying to make it more and more where it's up to the person. So taking into account what you said (re: fetishes), I wonder what checks and balances they still have.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
In Illinois, if I understand correctly, they're trying to make it more and more where it's up to the person. So taking into account what you said (re: fetishes), I wonder what checks and balances they still have.
In Indiana, the guy I saw asked me about how sex makes me feel, what I feel and think about it, amd also things like defining masculine and feminine, what makes someone male/female, but it was also a bit of a curveball in my case as a dumb APN ***** thought "psychotic disorder: NOS" better described me and I had to undergo a full psych eval to have that ruled out.(the hold up on that is what got me buying hormones online)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
A trans person can have whatever fetishes they want, but the thing that makes someone trans is gender identity, which is not hinged to fetish.
As I said earlier, "trans" is a huge umbrella term. Saying someone is trans, it actually only says they arent entirely or completely aligned with their birth sex. Trans peoole, that does include men who identify as men but dress and present as female. It also includes those who seek medical intervention. It also includes those with a fetish.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Well...I guess that's one of the reasons why the Italian law allows legal change of gender only if the patient undergoes SRS.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Btw.. @AT-AT ... it is true that gender and sexuality are two different things.

But heterosexual women usually prefer very manly men (All my female friends do).

And lesbians like cisgender women mainly because women have vagina...

I guess this is generalizing, but it expresses the majority.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Well...no wonder Trump married an European, then:p

Hee hee.

I'll give you an idea what it's like in the US:

There exists straight dating and LGBTQ+ dating.

In straight dating, quite often the woman is still the Submissive, the man has to be the Dominant, and a lot of times, even if we are moving away from that, the man is expected to provide. Have a good job. I guess it doesn't really matter anyways, as in 10 years, the man will probably be unhappy and on his second wife anyway :p

For LGBTQ+ dating, people work out their role and select mates of opposite roles in the dating pool. Regardless of what sex they originally were, even.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Seriously I have the impression the feminist lobby in the US is dictating the rules of the male behaviors...that is forcing males to be different than what they are.

Trump is surely a manly man who is attracted to a feminine classy girl like Melania.
Melania revealed is aroused by her husband's male impetuousness (she revealed details about her own sex life).

In my country, ( being a very Mediterranean-like country) femininity is essential for a woman ro survive healthily in society.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Hee hee.

I'll give you an idea what it's like in the US:

There exists straight dating and LGBTQ+ dating.

In straight dating, quite often the woman is still the Submissive, the man has to be the Dominant, and a lot of times, even if we are moving away from that, the man is expected to provide. Have a good job. I guess it doesn't really matter anyways, as in 10 years, the man will probably be unhappy and on his second wife anyway :p

For LGBTQ+ dating, people work out their role and select mates of opposite roles in the dating pool. Regardless of what sex they originally were, even.
Lol...it is not an economic matter...
Here many married women are economically independent...like separated accounts.
My sister is married and she has a separated account:)

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Seriously I have the impression the feminist lobby in the US is dictating the rules of the male behaviors...that is forcing males to be different than what they are.

I was born different than everyone else. If you've seen the show Young Sheldon (they may not have it over there in Rome), well that show was my life - I was kind of a person born smart and Democrat and mildly feminine, but born into a bit of a redneck, right wing family.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I was born different than everyone else. If you've seen the show Young Sheldon (they may not have it over there in Rome), well that show was my life - I was kind of a person born smart and Democrat and mildly feminine, but born into a bit of a redneck, right wing family.
I was speaking in general...not of you...:)

Seeing how many American feminists criticize Trump for being too "manly"...

Whereas here in Italy Trump's manliness and strength is what he is praised for.