1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Book of Revelation, what is it? Good, or bad? [Vote

Discussion in 'Same Faith Debates' started by Disciple of Jesus, Feb 19, 2019.

?

Book of Revelation, good or bad?

Poll closed Mar 21, 2019.
  1. Good

61.1%
  2. Bad

27.8%
  3. Don't know, other,

16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Tony Bristow-Stagg A World Citizen
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,622
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Having a look at thise lists, I was astounded I could think of events of the Revelations of the Bab and Baha'u'llah that could be seen to correspond with each of the listed items.

It would be fun to post your list with these points.

If you or anybody is interested, I would be happy to do this.

Regards Tony

2. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,622
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    The 3rd Temple is not of brick and mortar. The promised Temple was Baha'u'llah and the Anti Christ was Bahau'llah's half brother who broke the Covernant.

This link is to the 'Tablet of the Temple', the Temple many wait to be built;

Bahá'í Reference Library - The Summons of the Lord of Hosts, Pages 3-54

"...Thus have We built the Temple with the hands of power and might, could ye but know it. This is the Temple promised unto you in the Book. Draw ye nigh unto it. This is that which profiteth you, could ye but comprehend it. Be fair, O peoples of the earth! Which is preferable, this, or a temple which is built of clay? Set your faces towards it. Thus have ye been commanded by God, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting. Follow ye His bidding, and praise ye God, your Lord, for that which He hath bestowed upon you. He, verily, is the Truth. No God is there but He. He revealeth what He pleaseth, through His words "Be and it is"."

Happy to discuss.

Regards Tony

3. sooda

sooda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,630
    Religion:
    Christian
    Satan Bound

In Matthew 12:22-30, Jesus cast a demon out of a man. The Pharisees insisted it was by the power of the Devil. Jesus logically demonstrated the fallacy of Satan casting out Satan.

He then challenged them "how can one enter into a strong man's house and spoil his goods except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house."

Jesus' power to cast out demons demonstrated two facts: the imminence of the kingdom (v. 28); and the binding of Satan (v. 29). Satan was being bound by Jesus!

When the Lord sent seventy disciples out on a "missionary tour" he empowered them to cast out demons, heal the sick, and raise the dead (Luke 10).

Their message was "The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you" (v. 9). When they returned they were ecstatic: "Lord even the devils are subject unto us through thy name." He responded "I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven."

4. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,622
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    I have personally chosen to get to know and Love Jesus Christ, in all God's Names. After all 'Christ' is the First and will be the Last.

To me that is a far far better love of Christ than using the satan face slap against all others.

Regards Tony

5. sooda

sooda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,630
    Religion:
    Christian
    I was referring to Satan being bound in Revelation.

6. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,622
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Thanks for the clarification. These days when one shows a Love for Christ outside main stream, the fundamental reply starts with satan.

Thus I see the binding of satan was by the Covenant of Baha'u'llah. Dispite many attempts to break the faith into sects, they will never succeed.

Given that Baha'u'llah says another Mesenger will come after a full 1000 years, my guess is that our ego will overtake the goals of the Baha'i Faith as well.

Will we ever learn? I see this matrix will always be a test of choices.

Regards Tony

7. sooda

sooda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,630
    Religion:
    Christian
    I know NOTHING about the Bahai faith.
    Bahá'í Faith - Wikipedia

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,622
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    That is why 1844 and 1260 in Revelation have not sparked an interest.:)

When I first read of this it truly amazed me.

Remember Daniel is confirmed by Revelation.

Times, time and half a time.
    Three and one half years
    42 months
    1260 days

Are all 1260 years in biblical prophecy.

The year 1260 is also the year 1844.

The Year 1260 was when the Bab declared and prepared the way for Baha'u'llah. The Muslim faith was thus fulfilled in the year 1260. The Two Witnesses were Muhammad and Ali, they were to give prophecy for 1260 years.

There is so much proof of prophecy fulfilled that a truck can not carry it :D

Regards Tony

9. sooda

sooda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,630
    Religion:
    Christian
    Daniel, the hero of the Book of Daniel, never existed.
    The authors reveal their true identity at the end of Daniel 12: they are the maskil, the "wise".

10. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,622
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    That is the great thing about life. Faith is our choices. We have the choice also of what is wisdom.

Regards Tony

11. URAVIP2ME

URAVIP2ME Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +1,514
    The Tetragrammaton (YHWH) only applies to the God as named in the old King James at Psalms 83:18
    The two (2) LORD/Lords of Psalms 110 are two (2) different LORD/Lords.
    The LORD in all capital letters is where we find the Tetragrammaton.
    The Lord, in some lower-case letters ) stands for the Lord Jesus.
    Both God and His Son Jesus 'saves' because God set it up that we should have faith in Jesus.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. URAVIP2ME

URAVIP2ME Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +1,514
    I find in Daniel 12th chapter ( at that time ) would mean the time of 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13.
    The ' at that time ' would be the 'last days' of badness on Earth before Jesus takes the action of Revelation 19:14-16.
    Daniel 12 is writing about the 'Archangel Michael' (Revelation chapter 12)
    Daniel knew he would sleep in the dust ( Daniel 12:2; Isaiah 26:19 ) before he would be awakened from death's deep sleep ' til the end '. Daniel would rest in peace (RIP) until the end of the days. The end of the days of all badness on Earth before Jesus will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill, and Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over Earth will begin, then those sleeping in dust (graves) will be awakened from death's sleep on Resurrection Day meaning Jesus' thousand-year day.

13. URAVIP2ME

URAVIP2ME Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +1,514
    I noticed you mentioned the ' Gospel of Freedom '
    To me that means: we all have the freedom to act responsibly toward God.

14. sooda

sooda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,630
    Religion:
    Christian
    Some of us believe Satan is bound since the birth of Jesus.

15. URAVIP2ME

URAVIP2ME Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +1,514
    I notice the ' future ' is mentioned at Revelation 20:1-3.
    If Satan was bound since Jesus' birth, then how could Satan tempt grown Jesus at Luke 4:5-13.
    So, to me the ousting of Satan at Revelation 12:9,12 could Not have happened at Jesus' birth.
    For that matter, Revelation was Not written until the end of the first century. ( after Jesus died and was resurrected )

16. sooda

sooda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,630
    Religion:
    Christian
    Daniel has been used and abused by the likes of Darby, Scofield, Koresh and Hal Lindsey. We should all back up and take a second look.

17. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,622
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    I can say this is one of the stations of Baha'u'llah, YHWH/Jehova is referring to Baha'u'llah who is the Lord of Lord, King of Kings.

Regards Tony

18. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,622
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    William Miller got it right on that account.

Regards Tony

• Like Like x 1
  19. wizanda

wizanda One Accepts All Religious Texts
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,611
    Religion:
    Øneness
    Psalms 83:18 says Yahavah is Lord of Creation over the earth, and doesn't say he is God; Yahavah is an Elohim, which is a Divine Being/Representative from God.

We've all been lied to, as people have made a mess of the language.

Yah (H3050) is Lord used independently, and Yahavah (H3068) is a two part word; meaning Lord (Yah) who fulfills Desires (Avah - H183) by Creation/Bringing into Manifestation (Hayah/Havah) (H1961/H1933).
    There isn't two Lords, there is a Lord and a Master, Adoni - H113 is an honorary position; yet not a Lord, Yah - H3050 is a specific terminology.

Matthew 10:24 “A disciple is not above his master, nor a servant above his lord.

Thus Yeshua is the Master above the Disciples, and Yehoshua's Lord is El Elyon.
    Since most don't actually know our father, then this is where we're trying to explain it.

In my opinion. :innocent:

#99 wizanda, Feb 24, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  20. sooda

sooda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,630
    Religion:
    Christian
    Some of the Psalms were lifted from the Poems of the North Coast Canaanites.

• Creative Creative x 1