• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Book of Revelation, what is it? Good, or bad? [Vote

Book of Revelation, good or bad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What does Revelation say about Muhammed? That one stumps me.

Muhammad is the first of the 3 woes, the Bab the 2nd Woe and Baha'u'llah the 3rd Woe that comes quickly.

Muhammad and Ali are the two Witnesses of Revelation that would give Prophecy for 1260 years, clothed in sackcloth. The year 1260 is also 1844 that is foretold in Daniel and is when the Bab (Gate) declared.

There was 7 kingdoms with 10 rulers in the time of Muhammad.

If Christianity had as much fulfillment of prophecy for Christ, that can be found for Muhammad the Bab and Baha'u'llah, they would jump with glee. :)

Regards Tony

sooda

Veteran Member
The Book of Revelations was one of many apocalyptic literature written in the time period, and by far most if not all are of unknown authorship. The vision probably related to the Roman world, it has always been open to interpretation throughout history. I do not consider it significant in and of itself.

Well, yeah.. Apocalyptic literature was very popular for about 300 years.

Are you familiar with Eusebius?

Eusebius: "The members of the Jerusalem church by means of an oracle, given by revelation to acceptable persons there, were ordered to leave the city before the war began and settle in a town in Peraea called Pella." Book III, 5:4

sooda

Veteran Member
The Book of Revelations was one of many apocalyptic literature written in the time period, and by far most if not all are of unknown authorship. The vision probably related to the Roman world, it has always been open to interpretation throughout history. I do not consider it significant in and of itself.

Well, yeah.. Apocalyptic literature was very popular for about 300 years.

Are you familiar with Eusebius?

Eusebius: "The members of the Jerusalem church by means of an oracle, given by revelation to acceptable persons there, were ordered to leave the city before the war began and settle in a town in Peraea called Pella." Book III, 5:4

sooda

Veteran Member
Muhammad is the first of the 3 woes, the Bab the 2nd Woe and Baha'u'llah the 3rd Woe that comes quickly.

Muhammad and Ali are the two Witnesses of Revelation that would give Prophecy for 1260 years, clothed in sackcloth. The year 1260 is also 1844 that is foretold in Daniel and is when the Bab (Gate) declared.

There was 7 kingdoms with 10 rulers in the time of Muhammad.

If Christianity had as much fulfillment of prophecy for Christ, that can be found for Muhammad the Bab and Baha'u'llah, they would jump with glee. :)

Regards Tony

Who makes this claim?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Opinions?
It is an annoying book, as if we'd not fulfilled Revelation 10 two years before reading it, I'd not have realized that Revelation 16:15, and Revelation 3:3 is me back before the End of Time as a Thief.

Then spent the last 15 years fulfilling Revelation 2-3 debating the Congregation of Accusers (Synagogue of Satan) in the sky, who claim to praise the Lord (Judah); yet don't even realize when we explain it to them, with my name in all religions.

So currently waiting for Armageddon & the Tribulation as rude religious people make us sick, and thus it's prophesied that we're just keeping the enlightened saints who actually listen & accept our teachings.

The reason it makes us sick, is the elites are about to cause WW3, and even Christ can't stop them; as the Rephaim have taken over our planet, and people are not wise enough to help or see it.

In my opinion. :innocent:

sooda

Veteran Member
It is an annoying book, as if we'd not fulfilled Revelation 10 two years before reading it, I'd not have realized that Revelation 16:15, and Revelation 3:3 is me back before the End of Time as a Thief.

Then spent the last 15 years fulfilling Revelation 2-3 debating the Congregation of Accusers (Synagogue of Satan) in the sky, who claim to praise the Lord (Judah); yet don't even realize when we explain it to them, with my name in all religions.

So currently waiting for Armageddon & the Tribulation as rude religious people make us sick, and thus it's prophesied that we're just keeping the enlightened saints who actually listen & accept our teachings.

The reason it makes us sick, is the elites are about to cause WW3, and even Christ can't stop them; as the Rephaim have taken over our planet, and people are not wise enough to help or see it.

In my opinion. :innocent:

Some of us think the tribulation was over with the fall of Masada..

Faithofchristian

Well, it was written for people in the first century.. specifically to the seven churches..

That's not exactly true, the book of Revelation was precisely written for the last generation that will be upon the earth.

That last generation is us to day. We are that last generation to be upon the earth.

In the 2nd chapter of Revelation, there are 7 churches, out of those 7 churches only two are found to be perfect and they are the church of Smyrna and the church of
Philadelphia. These are the only two churches that were well pleasing to Christ Jesus.
As for the other 5 churches Christ Jesus don't want a thing to do with them.

It's not hard at all to look around in the world to day and see what churches people belong to.

sooda

Veteran Member
That's not exactly true, the book of Revelation was precisely written for the last generation that will be upon the earth.

That last generation is us to day. We are that last generation to be upon the earth.

In the 2nd chapter of Revelation, there are 7 churches, out of those 7 churches only two are found to be perfect and they are the church of Smyrna and the church of
Philadelphia. These are the only two churches that were well pleasing to Christ Jesus.
As for the other 5 churches Christ Jesus don't want a thing to do with them.

It's not hard at all to look around in the world to day and see what churches people belong to.

Why do you have a futuristic view of Revelation?

sooda

Veteran Member
Well if you understood what the book of Revelation is exactly about.

The book of Revelation was precisely written for the last generation, Unto which we are that last generation.

I do understand it .. Its helps to study the first century to get a grip on most if not all of the symbolism they would have understood. Jesus said his followers could avoid the tribulation by fleeing to the mountains. They did .. They went to Pella in Jordan.

wellwisher

Book of Revelation is that interesting book that uses alot of symbolism, and is quite involved.
Opinions?

My interest in Revelations began over 30 years ago in 1986. At that time, I had an interest in Jungian psychology and collective human symbolism. I become self actualized and had become somewhat of an expert in collective human symbolism. Revelations and Prophesy started out as an applied application to test my symbolism skills. Nobody had solved the mystery of Revelations, so I thought it would also be a good way to see how my unconscious mind would deal with the unknowns; secondary Jungian experiment on myself. Previous work in self experimenting had increased by creativity; unconscious rapport.

One quote that caught my eye, early, was Revelations 22:18-19

18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Although this quote is normally interpreted as a warning, I intuitively saw it differently. I saw it as a clue as to how one needed to approach Revelation symbolism. The clue said, one needs to not add their own words; to force a fit, or take away words; leave things out so as to create the wrong context. One logical way to satisfy both criteria, at the same time, was to look at Revelations and Prophesy, as the randomized pieces of a zig saw puzzle. Using only these pieces, I needed to rearrange all the pieces, to form a coherent story; complete the puzzle.

I took the bible, Old and New Testament, and visually scanned the entire book, like a college student would do a text book, highlighting any quote that had anything to do with prophesy. I then hired a girl to type the 100 plus pages of quotes, into my old 1980's DOS computer. I then printed it out, and cut it all up, until I had all the pieces; quotes, for my puzzle all over the floor. All I had to do was assemble these. I did not leave anything out, and I did not have to use a single world of my own. It met all the needs of the clue.

I took me about 6 months until all the pieces were used and a story appeared. I have never published it, because it had a profound archetypical affect, on me, that induced a type of mystical psychosis. In my experience, prophesy turned out not to be a group thing, but an individual induction, leading to an update in my brain's operating system.

The update process lasted over two years. When my ego was rebooted, I had amnesia. The essence of who I was had been maintained, but without a past. I was back to paradise for several months, but without a past, even in terms of my education. The old subroutines of thinking and behaving had been disrupted.

I eventually felt a need to leave paradise and reinvent myself. My earliest writings, were quite bizarre, since I developed new ideas in isolation, without my past memories from education. I was also avoiding the present so my mind would develop natural. In the about 2004 I decided to discuss my idea in forums, beginning with physics forums and science forums. The contact with the present and past of science and knowledge, made me build a bridge, between my unique thinking and that of others. Now I am about par with the present, but with a unique angle on most things, due to the early isolated reeducation process.

The Puzzle Building

My approach to making the puzzle was to start in the center and build the puzzle outwards. I used the symbolism of the four horsemen as the hub. This choice was to due with the sign of the Christian cross and the number four. Many of the prophesy quotes give the details in terms of these four phases in the update process. The four horses have a connection to the four beasts of Daniel around the throne of God due to the number four.

To give one a feel, the first horseman is white and has a bow and arrow and crown in his head. Those who add their own words, say he is about war. But he is white wth a golden crown so he is righteous and not a war monger in the secular sense.

The first beast of Daniel is a lion. The white lion, in terms of collective human symbolism, is wisdom. Wisdom is a female, so this combined symbolism had a connected to the Divine woman who is pregnant with child. This child is caught up to the thrown of God. The child becomes the White Horseman later in the drama. Firs there is a very stressful time as the Dragon pursue the divine woman. The war the first horseman wages is not military but the war based on wisdom. He fights from a distance; arrows, and pass in safety by a way he did not traverse with his feet. It sounds very modern, like the internet.

sooda

Veteran Member
My interest in Revelations began over 30 years ago in 1986. At that time, I had an interest in Jungian psychology and collective human symbolism. I become self actualized and had become somewhat of an expert in collective human symbolism. Revelations and Prophesy started out as an applied application to test my symbolism skills. Nobody had solved the mystery of Revelations, so I thought it would also be a good way to see how my unconscious mind would deal with the unknowns; secondary Jungian experiment on myself. Previous work in self experimenting had increased by creativity; unconscious rapport.

One quote that caught my eye, early, was Revelations 22:18-19

Although this quote is normally interpreted as a warning, I intuitively saw it differently. I saw it as a clue as to how one needed to approach Revelation symbolism. The clue said, one needs to not add their own words; to force a fit, or take away words; leave things out so as to create the wrong context. One logical way to satisfy both criteria, at the same time, was to look at Revelations and Prophesy, as the randomized pieces of a zig saw puzzle. Using only these pieces, I needed to rearrange all the pieces, to form a coherent story; complete the puzzle.

I took the bible, Old and New Testament, and visually scanned the entire book, like a college student would do a text book, highlighting any quote that had anything to do with prophesy. I then hired a girl to type the 100 plus pages of quotes, into my old 1980's DOS computer. I then printed it out, and cut it all up, until I had all the pieces; quotes, for my puzzle all over the floor. All I had to do was assemble these. I did not leave anything out, and I did not have to use a single world of my own. It met all the needs of the clue.

I took me about 6 months until all the pieces were used and a story appeared. I have never published it, because it had a profound archetypical affect, on me, that induced a type of mystical psychosis. In my experience, prophesy turned out not to be a group thing, but an individual induction, leading to an update in my brain's operating system.

The update process lasted over two years. When my ego was rebooted, I had amnesia. The essence of who I was had been maintained, but without a past. I was back to paradise for several months, but without a past, even in terms of my education. The old subroutines of thinking and behaving had been disrupted.

I eventually felt a need to leave paradise and reinvent myself. My earliest writings, were quite bizarre, since I developed new ideas in isolation, without my past memories from education. I was also avoiding the present so my mind would develop natural. In the about 2004 I decided to discuss my idea in forums, beginning with physics forums and science forums. The contact with the present and past of science and knowledge, made me build a bridge, between my unique thinking and that of others. Now I am about par with the present, but with a unique angle on most things, due to the early isolated reeducation process.

The Puzzle Building

My approach to making the puzzle was to start in the center and build the puzzle outwards. I used the symbolism of the four horsemen as the hub. This choice was to due with the sign of the Christian cross and the number four. Many of the prophesy quotes give the details in terms of these four phases in the update process. The four horses have a connection to the four beasts of Daniel around the throne of God due to the number four.

To give one a feel, the first horseman is white and has a bow and arrow and crown in his head. Those who add their own words, say he is about war. But he is white wth a golden crown so he is righteous and not a war monger in the secular sense.

The first beast of Daniel is a lion. The white lion, in terms of collective human symbolism, is wisdom. Wisdom is a female, so this combined symbolism had a connected to the Divine woman who is pregnant with child. This child is caught up to the thrown of God. The child becomes the White Horseman later in the drama. Firs there is a very stressful time as the Dragon pursue the divine woman. The war the first horseman wages is not military but the war based on wisdom. He fights from a distance; arrows, and pass in safety by a way he did not traverse with his feet. It sounds very modern, like the internet.

Lots of scholars think the White horse is Jesus. In any case, why would John of Patmos write for people thousands of years in the future and neglect the new first century "Christians".. They were so afraid the Emperor Domitan would start up Christian persecutions or that Nero would come back from the dead with an army of Parthians from across the Euphrates.

Paul was dead and the Temple was destroyed long before John wrote the Revelation letter..

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

In the Baha'i Writings this horseman is Baha'u'llah and thus this would support your view in this case.

Regards Tony

sooda

Veteran Member
65% of the text is simply quoting Old Testament texts. Revelation is simple to understand using conferring scripture:

The Last Days Calendar:Bible Prophecy,Last Days,The Rapture

Consider this:

Revelation 1:9 I, John, your brother and partner in the …

I, John, your brother and partner in the tribulation, kingdom, and endurance that are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of God's word and the testimony about Jesus. International Standard Version I am John, your brother and partner in the oppression, kingdom, and patience that comes because of Jesus.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I think it's "good" in its context, which was, imo, to tell the fledgling Church "Don't worry, God's got your back and death is not an end".