• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Book of Mormon

robrog8999

You may want to check out the rules regarding proselytizing.
Thanks! I guess ill have too. Sounds like there's a lot of silly rules. Think ill have to bail out on this forum. Can't even help anyone without being warned. Silly stuff. But I will defiantly do that. Thanks!
Its funny.. I see people using website links and recommending different religious books.. But that's okay? Hmm.. Very weird. I guess they're harsher amongst certain individuals then others. That's typically why I try to only communicate within people of my circle .

Tumah

Veteran Member
Thanks! I guess ill have too. Sounds like there's a lot of silly rules. Think ill have to bail out on this forum. Can't even help anyone without being warned. Silly stuff. But I will defiantly do that. Thanks!
I guess that depends on what you came here for. This is a debate forum. People don't like being proselytized to, so to keep things more civil, the moderators determined that it shouldn't be allowed here. That seems like a pretty good reason to me.
I know that its been already pointed out to you that you can't proselytize here, so I wonder if maybe your lack of appreciation for the rules has to do with your motivation for coming here.

robrog8999

Honestly..no just never ran into getting in trouble for helping people. Honest truth. Someone asks for guidance or spiritual direction.. I give them an option.. And boom.. Trouble for answering there very question.
And there's debate forums.. And then there's other forums .. Like conversion and others dealing with people who are seeking spiritual guidance or answers to Christianity.. Basically, people looking for answers as to what this denomination teaches or another one... That's not a debate.. Has nothing to do with debating .
But then yes.. You have other forums for debating. I haven't posted in any debate forums. I've been participating in forums related to people finding answers or asking specific questions related.
So yeah.. Very confusing service. Can't give options or teach your beliefs in forums set up just for that. Weird.
Anyway.. I must say, this has been highly interesting and I hope I've helped at least 1 person find truth. Even when the majority argue it.. Or bash it.. Or try to shut it down... As long as 1 person finds happiness from it.. That's all that i could ever ask for.
God bless!!
Ps: they asked for religious books... So I offer them a religious book, in fact, the most important religious book we have, and for answering and offering a religious book... Its not allowed? Lol this is funny. Good night..

robrog8999

I would like to delete all my posts and remove my account. How is this done ? I'm searching for ways to delete my post and can't find. I'm using this service via the tapatalk app.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Honestly..no just never ran into getting in trouble for helping people. Honest truth. Someone asks for guidance or spiritual direction.. I give them an option.. And boom.. Trouble for answering there very question.
And there's debate forums.. And then there's other forums .. Like conversion and others dealing with people who are seeking spiritual guidance or answers to Christianity.. Basically, people looking for answers as to what this denomination teaches or another one... That's not a debate.. Has nothing to do with debating .
But then yes.. You have other forums for debating. I haven't posted in any debate forums. I've been participating in forums related to people finding answers or asking specific questions related.
So yeah.. Very confusing service. Can't give options or teach your beliefs in forums set up just for that. Weird.
Anyway.. I must say, this has been highly interesting and I hope I've helped at least 1 person find truth. Even when the majority argue it.. Or bash it.. Or try to shut it down... As long as 1 person finds happiness from it.. That's all that i could ever ask for.
God bless!!
Ps: they asked for religious books... So I offer them a religious book, in fact, the most important religious book we have, and for answering and offering a religious book... Its not allowed? Lol this is funny. Good night..
I think you misunderstand the purposes of the various discussion areas on this forum. It would be more clear to you if you had read the rules first.
But as you've demonstrated in this post, you didn't come here for discussion, you came here for missionary service. This isn't the ideal medium for that. So you are probably right, it might be better if you did go.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Why? Because the truth hurts? As I've said before: show me the Mesoamerican flora, the Mesoamerican fauna, the Mesoamerican technology, the Hebrew linguistics and the Hebrew DNA markers. Failure to do so is tantamount to admitting that the BoM is a fairy tale.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
God bless!!
There's nothing wrong with sharing your opinions or helping others find their way when they ask, as long as it's done according to the rules. This just means that you have to use "I think" or "I believe" language such as "I believe that this book is the best for finding truth" or "As a Christian I think that Jesus is the only way to truth" instead of "this book is the best" and "Jesus is the only way." That's all. We just have to make sure to use language that promotes the spirit of the forum, which is open conversation and debate about religion. When we use such definitive language we are effectively shutting people out from talking about our beliefs openly, and we wouldn't want that! As long as you phrase things so that they are friendly to everyone you're welcome to stay.

robrog8999

Why? Because the truth hurts? As I've said before: show me the flora, the fauna, the technology, the linguistics and the DNA. Failure to do so is tantamount to admitting that the BoM is a fairy tale.
Sir.. I think your far from the truth but you can have the truth if you would pray to God.
Fairy tale huh? I guess 15 million people are living a life on a lie then.
Lets be honest.. If the truth was in plain site, all the evidence in the world, you would still deny the restored gospel. Just as they did when Jesus was on the earth. You must pray to God and ask for the truthfulness of the BoM. Only God can answer to you. And he will if you ask with a sincere heart. As he did me. I received a powerful answer that I will not reveal here. But I can tell you with honesty , the book is real. And the orginal church has been restored and is on this earth today. I hope you pray with fullness of heart and with an honest intent. Becuase you will receive an answer.

robrog8999

There's nothing wrong with sharing your opinions or helping others find their way when they ask, as long as it's done according to the rules. This just means that you have to use "I think" or "I believe" language such as "I believe that this book is the best for finding truth" or "As a Christian I think that Jesus is the only way to truth" instead of "this book is the best" and "Jesus is the only way." That's all. We just have to make sure to use language that promotes the spirit of the forum, which is open conversation and debate about religion. When we use such definitive language we are effectively shutting people out from talking about our beliefs openly, and we wouldn't want that! As long as you phrase things so that they are friendly to everyone you're welcome to stay.
That makes sense. I will change my words around then. Thanks for clearing it up. Amazing how many rules we have now! I guess not everyone can be mature adults and speak within reason. That's how these things come about. Rules and regulations. But yeah.. I gotcha and respect that. But as someone else previously mentioned, this isn't the forum for me. I just wanted to check it out and now that I've done that.. And hopefully helped someone along the way.. I am moving on now! Thanks and god bless!

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Evidence please to support your claims. Not claims that evidence exists, actual evidence. Where are the elephants in Mesoamerica that are featured in the BoM?

It is more than changing your words. READ THE RULES. You're preaching again, that's not permitted, here we deal in claim, counter-claim and evidence. Come back when you think you are ready.

robrog8999

Evidence please to support your claims. Not claims that evidence exists, actual evidence. Where are the elephants in Mesoamerica that are featured in the BoM?

It is more than changing your words. READ THE RULES. You're preaching again, that's not permitted, here we deal in claim, counter-claim and evidence. Come back when you think you are ready.
Okay sir. Allow me to prepare to hang with the big dogs. I'm not ready. I need to go hide in my closet and find a way to justify my words. Allow me a month or so to come back with direct evidence. Or.. You know.. Whenever God decides to provide me with direct evidence JUST FOR YOU!!
Again.. If you have questions or need help you know where to go. People are willing to provide you with answers at a specific place I previously mentioned. But most of all, ask God. Who reveals all.

robrog8999

In all seriouness, Sapiens.. I think you are in need of some spiritual guidance and i feel as though you are reaching out.. and I would love to help you find God. I will provide you my email address. and I would like if you would email me, and I would be more then happy to tell you about my testimony, when i received an answer from God regarding the truthfullness of the BoM and Joseph Smith. It was a powerful one and I think it might benefit you. So please email me and I will reveal what was given too me, too you..
Dont wanna do it here tho, ya know, dont wanna make the teachers angry!!! lol. So yeah, get in touch with me and lets talk!
[email protected]

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Is it seriously too much to ask that new people read the rules before they start posting?

I would like to delete all my posts and remove my account. How is this done ? I'm searching for ways to delete my post and can't find. I'm using this service via the tapatalk app.

Create a thread in site feedback if you haven't already. The admins will catch it and help you out.

David1967

Premium Member
Hello Rob. Welcome to RF. Hope you stick around. There are lots of ways to share your views and stay within the rules. It's really not that hard. Friendly advice: don't be offended in a debate forum when people question your belief. That's kinda what its all about. And if we're not careful , we may learn something new.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
In all seriouness, Sapiens.. I think you are in need of some spiritual guidance and i feel as though you are reaching out.. and I would love to help you find God. I will provide you my email address. and I would like if you would email me, and I would be more then happy to tell you about my testimony, when i received an answer from God regarding the truthfullness of the BoM and Joseph Smith. It was a powerful one and I think it might benefit you. So please email me and I will reveal what was given too me, too you..
Dont wanna do it here tho, ya know, dont wanna make the teachers angry!!! lol. So yeah, get in touch with me and lets talk!
[email protected]
I have no use for spiritual guidance, there is no such thing. I am not "reaching out." I have no need to find god since I never lost any gods, there are none and never have been any. I am not particularity interested in your personal testimony, it is, IMHO, naught but delusion.

You can't explain why the Pleistocene Extinction did not occur without running afoul of the forum's debate rules? Why not?