• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Book of Mormon vs. DNA

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Is this online source very credible if your read it, "somewhere?"

Good question. I often read from mormon, non-mormon and ex-mormon sites. But this particular piece of information came from FARMS and fairlds. Now, if FARMS or fairlds do not speak for mormons then the information is in error. But I'm often told that FARMS are the apologists who try to set straight the misinformation about the BoM. If FARMS and fairlds are to be considered "very credible" then your question on the validity of the information strikes as a weird one for me considering this information is from the people who speak on your behalf......

The Arabian Bountiful Discovered? Evidence for Nephi's Bountiful - Maxwell Institute JBMS

Arabia and The Book of Mormon

Are you seriously asking me why am I asking for evidence that these people existed? It is a natural curiosity given the story that has been told. The story of a people who fled the old world to find themselves in the new world who were skilled in metalurgy, weaponry, building and engineering, warfare etc. is very interesting. A natural response would be to ask for evidence because I have not found such evidence from archeologist outside of LDS. We are told of a huge battle where hundreds of thousands or millions lost their lives. We are told of charriots, swords and armor so it's a natural curiosity to want to know where did this all take place. can these events be verified by todays maps? If so, has any evidence of these people, their technology been found as described to us?

Would it make you convert?

Interesting question. Coversion is not the point. Credible evidence is what is in question. I'm simply trying to understand if the the information given in BoM is factual. If these supposed facts are presented by LDS archeologist can they be confirmed by non-LDS archeologist? Are not my questions fair questions in the quest for understanding?

What would it do for you to know it?

This is another interesting question. Are you sugessting I don't need to know what is truth and what is false? Should I not question all things? Should I not need to know if these people existed? JS said these people existed. LDS scholars etc. have said that these people existed. Some have been saying these people lived and faught a war in the Central American regions so, again, it is natural that one would want to know how all this happened and want to know if there is evidence to support the claims made unless you feel as as though these tidbits of information are unimportant.......

What would it do for you if you knew the difference between a Coral snake and a Scarlet/King snake? If you feel as though the knowledge of either is unimportant then handle either one at will.....