• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Book of Genesis: the three creation accounts

101G

Ah. I can stop you at the comment "God is a Person". If that's the reason for the disagreement, we should probably just agree to disagree.
the definition of Soul. 1. the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal. also, "a person's moral or emotional nature or sense of identity":

the Soul when used as a NOUN, is An individual person. let's see if God has a SOUL, this is God speaking, Isaiah 1:14 "Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them."

well God has a SOUL, which makes him a ....... drumroll .... "PERSON". so my statements still stand.
we should probably just agree to disagree. We can maybe proceed if we agree to limit our investigation to a certain point.
well the point is made right there in Isaiah 1:14, now let's continue the invesgation of this man who is God Counterpart, that is EQUAL "WITH" God himself.
here it is! Isaiah! I agree with "one", but pushing that into a fleshy human form is prohibitted for me. I cannot follow any Egyptian style human-god hybrids. Perhaps it's a limitation that doesn't resonate with you. But it would be improper for me as a Jew to do that.
who said anything about Egyptian style human-god hybrids. get that nonesense out of your head. 101G is speaking bible.... your bible. listen again, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me."

God OWN ARM is him, (me) in the verse. because Isaiah chapter tells us who this "OWN ARM" of God is. listen, Isaiah 53:1 "Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?" THAT SAME "ARM" in Isaiah 63:5 is the "he" here in Isaiah chapter 53... (smile). and Zechariah 13:7 clearly states who this "he", God counterpart is. "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones."

this MAN who is God "Fellow/Counterpart" is the same man in Isaiah chapter 53, who is God's OWN ARM. .... the Christ, Shiloh. (smile) checkmate..... :D YIKES!.

101G.

101G

I know you love Isaiah, a lot of people love Isaiah. Here's a question. "mine own arm brought salvation unto me" In order for this to be God in flesh, the phrase needs to be literally true? Truly true? 100% true? If so, it says "brought" past tense. That means God in the flesh was operating in Isaiah's time? Where was God in the flesh? Where was God walking around doing the things a fleshy God would do?
well the scripture is TRUE. the scripture DID NOT SAY, "HAS BROUGHT", WHICH IS A FUTURE, but brought, meaning when it ....... SALVATION is accomplish his ARM did it.... (smile). so try again, and my statement still stands.
God's Equal? It is? Thats odd. Let me go look. ... Yeah, I don't see it.
well let us refresh your mind.
now, to help you out, as I said, concerning Zechariah 13:7. "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones."

this "MAN" who is God "FELLOW?" .... yes, FELLOW, using the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments,
Fellow: H5997 עָמִית `amiyth (aw-meeth') n-m.
1. companionship.
2. (hence, concretely) a comrade or kindred man.
[from a primitive root meaning to associate]
KJV: another, fellow, neighbour.

dybmh, my brother, LISTEN CAREFULLY: when, "Companion", is used as a noun, as, "A copy or likeness of someone or something". the Synonyms or another word for Companion is, counterpart, Uh O ......... this man in Zechariah 13:7 is God counterpart? remember this is your bible the tanakh. also, Companion, which means "COUNTERPART", means, likeness, image, "fellow", as stated in Zechariah 13:7. also it means, spitting image, mirror image, "living image". (not stone, or wood), perfect likeness, "equal" .... STOP, this man that is God fellow is God "EQUAL". ..... now, let's quit playing any games, and no more excuses, DEFINITIONS don't LIE. this is NOT LONGER about anyone's private interpretation of any scripture. no, these are the FACTS. this man in Zechariah 13:7 is God EQUAL this is just the FACTS.

so, you're reprover again, copy this down so you can refere to it in the future..... (smile).

so this Man in flesh is God's equal, remember this is your bible.

now again, DEFINITION don't LIE.re-read this if necessary.

101G.

101G

You know my position... here's a question. Why split it up this way? I have my own opinion, but, do you have a theory?
no, I have your bible. man was made on day 3 only the Genders was made on day 6, which I have already explained.
Well. If that were true, then the false prophet description in Deut 13 would read a bit differently. But skipping that, let me ask you this: A wolf in sheep's clothing is what? A wolf or a sheep? Isn't the sheep's clothing just its appearance?
LOL, LOL, LOL, that the deception. "A wolf in sheep's clothing", must we say anything else? so my statement still stand.
Oh! You're using the Jewish Virtual Library. Sorry. They are using the 1917 JPS. Kind of an old version. Regardless, I brought a lot more than this. The word for "out" is in Gen 2 and Gen 8 and all over the place. It's a different word.
we asked ...... no more excuses, just present any FACTS.
No more so than a rib.
see above.

101G.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
the definition of Soul. 1. the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal. also, "a person's moral or emotional nature or sense of identity":

the Soul when used as a NOUN, is An individual person. let's see if God has a SOUL, this is God speaking, Isaiah 1:14 "Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them."

well God has a SOUL, which makes him a ....... drumroll .... "PERSON". so my statements still stand.

Well... it does say immaterial.

The #1 Defintion on Websters.com pretty much captures it, note the "or"
the immaterial essence, animating principle, or actuating cause of an individual life​

But there's also:

an active or essential part​
the quality that arouses emotion and sentiment​
spiritual or moral force​

Dictionary.com also has it but it's lower on the list

the emotional part of human nature; the seat of the feelings or sentiments.​
high-mindedness; noble warmth of feeling, spirit or courage, etc.​
the animating principle; the essential element or part of something.​
the inspirer or moving spirit of some action, movement, etc.​
the embodiment of some quality​

So, no, it's not just something that is isolated to a fleshy body.

who said anything about Egyptian style human-god hybrids. get that nonesense out of your head. 101G is speaking bible.... your bible.

My friend, do you know what a pharoah is? The egyptians believed Pharoah was a man-god-king-priest hybrid as well as a mediator between the people and the other gods. Does that sound familiar? That was the egyptian religion.

Here's the google search results: LINK

Here's a good example of the results:

The Pharaoh in ancient Egypt was the political and religious leader of the people and held the titles 'Lord of the Two Lands' and 'High Priest of Every Temple'.​
As supreme ruler of the people, the pharaoh was considered a god on earth, the intermediary between the gods and the people.​

I am forbidden to participate in anything like that. But non-Jews do not have that same limitation.

Lev 18:3

After the doings of the land of Egypt, where you dwelt, shall you not do; and after the doings of the land of Canaan, where I bring you, shall you not do; nor shall you walk in their ordinances.​
So this really is Bible. My Bible. Telling me, I cannot be involved in any way with any fleshy, man, god hybrid. None.

listen again, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me."

I know, I know, you really like the verses from Isaiah about God's arm. I don't see it as a literal arm. I see it as a vector of influence. God's will enclothed in some physical action.

I asked you about the past tense of "brought". Are you thinking about that, ignoring it, maybe hoping I'll forget about it? If the verse is intended to be literal , then, God's arm was literally there in the flesh at the time or before Isaiah was bringing these words. So, where was the fleshy god?

God OWN ARM is him, (me) in the verse. because Isaiah chapter tells us who this "OWN ARM" of God is. listen, Isaiah 53:1 "Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?" THAT SAME "ARM" in Isaiah 63:5 is the "he" here in Isaiah chapter 53... (smile). and Zechariah 13:7 clearly states who this "he", God counterpart is. "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones."

My friend, God is not happy with the "fellow" in Zech 13.

this MAN who is God "Fellow/Counterpart" is the same man in Isaiah chapter 53, who is God's OWN ARM. .... the Christ, Shiloh. (smile) checkmate..... :D YIKES!.

101G.

Checkmate? As long as we remain friends I consider it a win-win.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
well the scripture is TRUE. the scripture DID NOT SAY, "HAS BROUGHT", WHICH IS A FUTURE, but brought, meaning when it ....... SALVATION is accomplish his ARM did it.... (smile). so try again, and my statement still stands.

You just said it. Past tense. "His ARM did it".

Let's look at the verse carefully, please.

And I looked, and there was none to help; and I was appalled that there was none to uphold; therefore my own arm brought salvation to me; and my fury upheld me.​
Every single thing in this verse is in the past.

If this was in the future, i would be phrased:

And I will look, and there will be none to help; and I will be appalled that there will be none to uphold; therefore my own arm will bring salvation to me; and my fury will uphold me.​
That's 6 changes to the verse. That means that at the time these words were given these events had *already* happened. That's if the verse is literal. Literal arm >>> literally in the past. That's a problem. So, no checkmate.

well let us refresh your mind.
now, to help you out, as I said, concerning Zechariah 13:7. "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones."

why is God raising a sword against this "fellow"? This fellow was a prophet that had an unclean spirit ( verse 2 ), was stabbed by their own parents ( verse 3 ), lied about being a prophet ( verses 5 and 6 ), and is smitten by the Lord of Hosts with a sword ( verse 7). Is this your savior? Your god in the flesh? Are you sure?

this "MAN" who is God "FELLOW?" .... yes, FELLOW, using the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments,
Fellow: H5997 עָמִית `amiyth (aw-meeth') n-m.
1. companionship.
2. (hence, concretely) a comrade or kindred man.
[from a primitive root meaning to associate]
KJV: another, fellow, neighbour.

dybmh, my brother, LISTEN CAREFULLY: when, "Companion", is used as a noun, as, "A copy or likeness of someone or something". the Synonyms or another word for Companion is, counterpart, Uh O ......... this man in Zechariah 13:7 is God counterpart? remember this is your bible the tanakh. also, Companion, which means "COUNTERPART", means, likeness, image, "fellow", as stated in Zechariah 13:7. also it means, spitting image, mirror image, "living image". (not stone, or wood), perfect likeness, "equal" .... STOP, this man that is God fellow is God "EQUAL". ..... now, let's quit playing any games, and no more excuses, DEFINITIONS don't LIE. this is NOT LONGER about anyone's private interpretation of any scripture. no, these are the FACTS. this man in Zechariah 13:7 is God EQUAL this is just the FACTS.

so, you're reprover again, copy this down so you can refere to it in the future..... (smile).

so this Man in flesh is God's equal, remember this is your bible.

now again, DEFINITION don't LIE.re-read this if necessary.

101G.

I've read it two times now, this is a bit of a repeat.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
no, I have your bible. man was made on day 3 only the Genders was made on day 6, which I have already explained.

On which day was the earth and heavens made?

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.​
It's not me, this is in the text.

When did the garden of eden story begin?

These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,

LOL, LOL, LOL, that the deception. "A wolf in sheep's clothing", must we say anything else? so my statement still stand.

Correct. So, do we judge by the clothing or not?

Eve saw with her eye. Not in her mind, not imagined, she looked at the tree and based on what she heard and based on what she saw... she made a mistake. Not only that, but the "fruit" did make her like a god. It did do what the serpent said... but it was still wrong. You simply cannot judge by the fruits. At least not based on Genesis. If the story changed at some point, that's up to you to decide, I'm sticking with "old reliable". ( aka God ).

we asked ...... no more excuses, just present any FACTS.

see above.

101G.

OK. Fact. Here's what it has in Hebrew:

וַיֹּאמֶר הָֽאָדָם זֹאת הַפַּעַם עֶצֶם מֵֽעֲצָמַי וּבָשָׂר מִבְּשָׂרִי לְזֹאת יִקָּרֵא אִשָּׁה כִּי מֵאִישׁ לֻֽקֳחָה־זֹּֽאת׃​
And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because from Man this was taken.​

The phrase in focus is at the end.

כִּי מֵאִישׁ לֻֽקֳחָה־זֹּֽאת

we've got 4 words to work with.

כִּי - because
מֵאִישׁ - from man
לֻֽקֳחָה - was taken
זֹּֽאת - this

"From" is coming from the first letter, a prefix,

Screenshot_20230317_163203.jpg

Here is is zoomed in so you can see: מֵאִישׁ - from man

Hopefully you can see that it is exactly, 100% the same letter including the two litle dots below it. It means "from".

We have a good example of "out" earlier in the chapter. Here it is in Hebrew:
וְנָהָר יֹצֵא מֵעֵדֶן לְהַשְׁקוֹת אֶת־הַגָּן וּמִשָּׁם יִפָּרֵד וְהָיָה לְאַרְבָּעָה רָאשִֽׁים׃​
And a river went out from Eden to water the garden; and from there it was divided, and became four rivers.​

This one is easy, it's right at the beginning.

וְנָהָר יֹצֵא

And river went out

Screenshot_20230317_163745.jpg

Here it is zoomed in: וְנָהָר יֹצֵא

The same exact word is used when Noah and his family come out of the ark.
וַיֵּצֵא־נֹחַ וּבָנָיו וְאִשְׁתּוֹ וּנְשֵֽׁי־בָנָיו אִתּֽוֹ׃​
And Noah went out, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons’ wives with him;​

Now, let's compare. Is this: מֵאִישׁ the same or close to this: יֹצֵא ?

Answer: No, and that's a fact. It's "from" not "out".

101G

On which day was the earth and heavens made?
DAY 1-4
And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.
that's everything, DAY 1-4 THE "MAKING OF THE EARTH AND HEAVENING", DAY 5 & 6 things in and on the earth, and things in the Heaven. so the 6th. day was a total of ALL CREATION.
It's not me, this is in the text.
same here.
When did the garden of eden story begin? These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,

IN THE DAY, and or on Creation Day 3, either End or before creation day 5.... (smile).
Correct. So, do we judge by the clothing or not?
again, by the FRUIT
Eve saw with her eye. Not in her mind
again, we disagree, she saw with her (NATURAL eyes, to determine which tree not to eat from) this was all the time. but what made her to ACT on a choice was outside information which register in the mind and not the NATURAL EYES. because remember, Genesis 3:6 "And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat."
she made a mistake. Not only that, but the "fruit" did make her like a god.
the mistake was not in the EATING of the FRUIT, but the TREE itself, listen and Learn, Genesis 3:6 "And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat."

understand, many people miss this, "saw that the tree was good for food" ...... and, "and a tree to be desired to make one wise"
THE TREE, the TREE, the TREE.
It did do what the serpent said... but it was still wrong. You simply cannot judge by the fruits. At least not based on Genesis. If the story changed at some point, that's up to you to decide, I'm sticking with "old reliable". ( aka God ).
again see above., now a question to you, when Eve ate, "WAS HER EYES OPEN?", or was it until when her husband ate, and only when he ate, did BOTH of them EYES WAS OPEN. read the account again.
OK. Fact. Here's what it has in Hebrew:

וַיֹּאמֶר הָֽאָדָם זֹאת הַפַּעַם עֶצֶם מֵֽעֲצָמַי וּבָשָׂר מִבְּשָׂרִי לְזֹאת יִקָּרֵא אִשָּׁה כִּי מֵאִישׁ לֻֽקֳחָה־זֹּֽאת׃And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because from Man this was taken.
The phrase in focus is at the end.
GOOD, now a QUESTION, "Where is BLOOD of my BLOOD?" remember when the Lord Jesus rose, he had no BLOOD.
And Noah went out, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons’ wives with him;
Now, let's compare. Is this: מֵאִישׁ the same or close to this: יֹצֵא ?

Answer: No, and that's a fact. It's "from" not "out".
thanks, but let's look at the Noah Webster's 1828 Dictionary of American English and get a complete understanding of "OUT".

18. It is used as an exclamation with the force of command, away; begone; as, out with the dog.
Out upon you, out upon it, expressions of dislike or contempt.
Out is much used as a modifier of verbs; as, to come out, to go out, to lead out, to run out, to leak out, to creep out, to flow out, to pass out, to look out, to burn out, to cut out, to saw out, to grow out, to spin out, to write out, to boil out, to beat out, etc. bearing the sense of issuing, extending, drawing from, separating, bringing to open view, or in short, the passing of a limit that incloses or restrains; or bearing the metaphorical sense of vanishing, coming to an end.
Out of. In this connection, out may be considered as adverb, and of as a preposition.
1. Proceeding from; as produce. Plants grow out of the earth. He paid me out of his own funds.

Keep thy heart with all diligence, for out of it are the issues of life. Prov 4.
Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. James 3.
2. From or proceeding from a place, or the interior of a place; as, to take any thing out of the house. Mark 13.
3. Beyond; as out of the power of fortune.
They were astonished out of measure. Mark 10.
4. From, noting taking or derivation.
To whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets. Acts 28.
5. Not in, noting extraordinary exertion.
Be instant in season, out of season. 2 Tim 4.
6. Not in, noting exclusion, dismission, departure, absence or dereliction; as out of favor; out of use; out of place; out of fashion.
7. Not in, noting unfitness or impropriety. He is witty out of season. The seed was sown out of season.
8. Not within, noting extraordinary delay; as, a ship is out of time.
9. Not within; abroad; as out of the door or house.
10. From, noting copy from an original; as, to cite or copy out of Horace.
11. From, noting rescue or liberation; as, to be delivered out of afflictions.
Christianity recovered the law of nature out of all those errors.
12. Not in, noting deviation, exorbitance or irregularity. This is out of all method; out of all rule. He goes out of his way to find cause of censure. He is out of order.
13. From, noting dereliction or departure. He will not be flattered or frightened out of his duty. He attempted to laugh men out of virtue.
14. From, noting loss or change of state. The mouth is out of taste; the instrument is out of tune.
15. Not according to, noting deviation; as, he acts or speaks out of character.
16. Beyond; not within the limits of; as, to be out of hearing, out of sight, out of reach. Time out of mind, is time beyond the reach of memory.
17. Noting loss or exhaustion, as, to be out of breath.
18. Noting loss; as out of hope.
19. By means of.
Out of that will I cause those of Cyprus to mutiny.
20. In consequence of, noting the motive, source or reason.
What they do not grant out of the generosity of their nature, they may grant out of mere impatience.
So we say, a thing is done out of envy, spite or ambition.
Out of hand, immediately, as that is easily used which is ready in the hand.
Gather we our forces out of hand.
Out of print, denotes that a book is not in market, or to be purchased; the copies printed having been all sold.

see how the term "out" is used now?

101G.

Trimijopulos

Hard-core atheist
Premium Member
ok, since you seem intent to fabricate and distort, I've lost interest in the discussion.
It was not the theologians of Judaism who invented the concept of God, and so the real identity of God surfaces from time to time in the scriptures.

As for fabricating and distorting, it is not me the one who insists on persuading the people that Yahweh the Bull was the creator of the universe.
Anyhow, it was nice to talk to you.
I wish you all the best!

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

Sorry, my friend. That would be the "days" plural. The text says the "day" the earth and heaven was made. I mentioned this preiously in our discussion, but I can't remember how you responded.

that's everything, DAY 1-4 THE "MAKING OF THE EARTH AND HEAVENING", DAY 5 & 6 things in and on the earth, and things in the Heaven. so the 6th. day was a total of ALL CREATION.

same here.

IN THE DAY, and or on Creation Day 3, either End or before creation day 5.... (smile).

It doesn't say either or, it doesn't say multiple days.

again, by the FRUIT

If there arises among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and gives you a sign or a wonder,​
And the sign or the wonder, comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, Let us go after other gods, which you have not known, and let us serve them;​
You shall not listen to the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams; for the Lord your God tests you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.​

Let's put that together: ... the sign or wonder comes to pass ... for the Lord your God tests you.

The fruit is a test.

again, we disagree, she saw with her (NATURAL eyes, to determine which tree not to eat from) this was all the time. but what made her to ACT on a choice was outside information which register in the mind and not the NATURAL EYES. because remember, Genesis 3:6 "And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat."

Good, our natural eyes. That is exacty what I was talking about when I objected to judging based on appearances. Do we still disagree on this?

the mistake was not in the EATING of the FRUIT,

Woh. That doesn't sound right. The fruit came from the tree, the tree was off limits.

וַיְצַו יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהִים עַל־הָֽאָדָם לֵאמֹר מִכֹּל עֵץ־הַגָּן אָכֹל תֹּאכֵֽל׃
And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat;

וּמֵעֵץ הַדַּעַת טוֹב וָרָע לֹא תֹאכַל מִמֶּנּוּ כִּי בְּיוֹם אֲכָלְךָ מִמֶּנּוּ מוֹת תָּמֽוּת׃
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat from it; for in the day that you eat from it you shall surely die.

From it, מִמֶּ֫נּוּ. H4480.

1. with verbs expressing (or implying) separation or removal, whether from a person or place, or in any direction, also from guilt, calamity, etc.:—thus a. to descend from a mountain Ex 19:14, to fall from a roof Dt 22:8, from heaven Is 14:12, to go up from a valley Jos 10:7, to raise up from the dunghill 1 S 2:8, or the ground 2 S 12:17. So constantly with vbs. of going, as בא, הלך, שׁב, ברח (sq. a person, usually מפני), of calling, as Is 24:14 צָֽהֲלוּ מִיָּם, 42:10, 11 ψ 148:1, of asking or exacting, as שׁאל, בקשׁ, דרשׁ, נָקַם, הִנָּקִם, of delivering, as הושׁיע, הציל, etc., of hiding, as נעלם, העלים, etc., of taking or withholding, as לקח, חשׂך, מנע, of keeping (from), as נצר, שׁמר, of being far, or desisting, as רחק Ex 23:7, חֲדַל מִמֶּנּוּ desist from us​

So, taking the fruit was indeed the mistake. They could look at the tree all they wanted.

but the TREE itself, listen and Learn, Genesis 3:6 "And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat."

understand, many people miss this, "saw that the tree was good for food" ...... and, "and a tree to be desired to make one wise"
THE TREE, the TREE, the TREE.

I say the desire was the problem. The desire to be like a god.
again see above., now a question to you, when Eve ate, "WAS HER EYES OPEN?", or was it until when her husband ate, and only when he ate, did BOTH of them EYES WAS OPEN. read the account again.

I've asked myself that question many times. Honestly I'm not sure how that works.

GOOD, now a QUESTION, "Where is BLOOD of my BLOOD?" remember when the Lord Jesus rose, he had no BLOOD.

Well, I had never thought of that before. Usually flesh includes the blood. Regarding the Jesus thing, I mean... what can I say? It's not really my book. Anything I say would be a guess.

thanks, but let's look at the Noah Webster's 1828 Dictionary of American English and get a complete understanding of "OUT".

18. It is used as an exclamation with the force of command, away; begone; as, out with the dog.
Out upon you, out upon it, expressions of dislike or contempt.
Out is much used as a modifier of verbs; as, to come out, to go out, to lead out, to run out, to leak out, to creep out, to flow out, to pass out, to look out, to burn out, to cut out, to saw out, to grow out, to spin out, to write out, to boil out, to beat out, etc. bearing the sense of issuing, extending, drawing from, separating, bringing to open view, or in short, the passing of a limit that incloses or restrains; or bearing the metaphorical sense of vanishing, coming to an end.
Out of. In this connection, out may be considered as adverb, and of as a preposition.
1. Proceeding from; as produce. Plants grow out of the earth. He paid me out of his own funds.

Keep thy heart with all diligence, for out of it are the issues of life. Prov 4.
Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. James 3.
2. From or proceeding from a place, or the interior of a place; as, to take any thing out of the house. Mark 13.
3. Beyond; as out of the power of fortune.
They were astonished out of measure. Mark 10.
4. From, noting taking or derivation.
To whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets. Acts 28.
5. Not in, noting extraordinary exertion.
Be instant in season, out of season. 2 Tim 4.
6. Not in, noting exclusion, dismission, departure, absence or dereliction; as out of favor; out of use; out of place; out of fashion.
7. Not in, noting unfitness or impropriety. He is witty out of season. The seed was sown out of season.
8. Not within, noting extraordinary delay; as, a ship is out of time.
9. Not within; abroad; as out of the door or house.
10. From, noting copy from an original; as, to cite or copy out of Horace.
11. From, noting rescue or liberation; as, to be delivered out of afflictions.
Christianity recovered the law of nature out of all those errors.
12. Not in, noting deviation, exorbitance or irregularity. This is out of all method; out of all rule. He goes out of his way to find cause of censure. He is out of order.
13. From, noting dereliction or departure. He will not be flattered or frightened out of his duty. He attempted to laugh men out of virtue.
14. From, noting loss or change of state. The mouth is out of taste; the instrument is out of tune.
15. Not according to, noting deviation; as, he acts or speaks out of character.
16. Beyond; not within the limits of; as, to be out of hearing, out of sight, out of reach. Time out of mind, is time beyond the reach of memory.
17. Noting loss or exhaustion, as, to be out of breath.
18. Noting loss; as out of hope.
19. By means of.
Out of that will I cause those of Cyprus to mutiny.
20. In consequence of, noting the motive, source or reason.
What they do not grant out of the generosity of their nature, they may grant out of mere impatience.
So we say, a thing is done out of envy, spite or ambition.
Out of hand, immediately, as that is easily used which is ready in the hand.
Gather we our forces out of hand.
Out of print, denotes that a book is not in market, or to be purchased; the copies printed having been all sold.

see how the term "out" is used now?

101G.

I mean, I guess so. But, in the Hebrew there is a specific word for coming out of something like out of a body, or out of a sealed vessel. A sealed vessel like an ark.

There's another interesting word match here. The word for "sealed". H5462. Guess where it shows up? The first time is in Gen 2:21 whe God seals up the man's flesh. The second time is when God seals up the ark before the great flood. That's how we know that taking a rib from a human body is like noah leaving the ark. And from that, conclusively, God is saying it, not me, the woman did NOT come out of man. It wasn't like a rib coming out of a human body, it wasn't like a person coming out of a sealed vessel. It was coming from the side.

Strange, but, true.

101G

GINOLJC, to all
Sorry, my friend. That would be the "days" plural.
first, I truly thank you for the reply. 101G like you, because at least you try, and speak sometimes intelligently. but her no cigar. listen and learn.
scripture, Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens," did you see that? " in the day", in the day", NOT DAY(S), but "DAY". question, "is day in the verse plural?" no, because in the six days of creation consist of a "day" when he, God made something, do you understand now. God didn't make everything in a single "DAY" but each "DAY" in the six combined "days" he did. so you're reproved there. but thanks for the effort.
It doesn't say either or, it doesn't say multiple days.
day one, day two day three....... to day six. 1-6 is a multiple. the term multiple means, "having or involving several parts, elements, or members". now if you have a different explanation, please put it on table for discussion.
If there arises among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and gives you a sign or a wonder,And the sign or the wonder, comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, Let us go after other gods, which you have not known, and let us serve them;You shall not listen to the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams; for the Lord your God tests you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
Let's put that together: ... the sign or wonder comes to pass ... for the Lord your God tests you.

The fruit is a test.
you gave the answer in the response. listen, "he spoke to you, saying, Let us go after other gods," THE FRUIT OF THE LIPS" you know them by the fruit, and hear is what he said, "go after other gods" now my friend, are you going to eat the FRUIT of a false prophet, no matter the signs and wonders done, when God all ready said, Exodus 20:3 "Thou shalt have no other gods before me.", and he said it again, PLAINLY. Deuteronomy 5:7 "Thou shalt have none other gods before me." see, it was in your response. "You shall not listen to the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams; for the Lord your God tests you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.". ,.,............ Hello, anyone home?

understand, fruit is not just in signs or wonders, listen. Hebrews 13:15 "By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name." God "CREATED" the FRUIT of the LIPS, Isaiah 57:19 "I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him." WHICH MEANS TRUTH, hello?

now think, the FRUIT in the Garden was it PHYSICAL.... Fruit? no. see, just like with false prophets, they LIE.... now watch the FRUIT, Hosea 10:13 "Ye have plowed wickedness, ye have reaped iniquity; ye have eaten the fruit of lies: because thou didst trust in thy way, in the multitude of thy mighty men."

see, false prophets are know by their FRUIT/LIES, the signs and wonder are a smoke screen to try and cover their LIE. don't go after because of the signs or wonder, WATCH what they SAY. and you will KNOW THEM.

when the prophet said, "go after other gods", 101G could care less if he jumped out of a airplane without a parachute and landed on his feet. 101G IS NOT, I REPETE, 101G IS NOT GOING AFTER OTHER gods.

YES, YOU GOT IT RIGHT, "Let's put that together: ... the sign or wonder comes to pass ... for the Lord your God tests you.
The fruit is a test".BINGO, come to the head of the class. see God test for RIGHTEOUSNESS

now one thing dybmh, why did you not say that at the beginning, had me to write all that...... I goanna get you...... but IN LOVE ..... :D.
well, I guess 101G better read all of the post first ...... lol, lol, lol.
Good, our natural eyes. That is exacty what I was talking about when I objected to judging based on appearances. Do we still disagree on this?
correct, 101G is going to let you in on a little secret god gave unto me. 101G see with his ears. yes, hearing is the key, but one must HEAR intelligently, (that is with UNDERSTANDING). that's why 101G broke with his traditional beliefs, we MUST "HEAR" in order to "KNOW" God.
and one of the BIGGEST mistakes we all have made is Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:" we still, (some of us) have not hear what this one verse is saying. understand, when 101G read the bible with the Holy ONE, 101G read with his EARS. that's why 101G understand scripture, he "hear" the Wiord of God instead of just LOOKING at it. for 101G walk by FAITH, and NOT by sight.
now, is 101G perfect? no, but trying with God help.
I say the desire was the problem. The desire to be like a god.
101G agree with you, it was not just the FRUIT problem it was a Eve problem, in not being fully developed in the brain to make a TRUTHFUL, not a LOGICAL "CHOICE", but a "TRUTFUL" CHOICE. intelligent vs spirituality, and this choice is still going on now, even as we speak. man has made leaps and bounds in the intelligent arena, but we still cannot get along with one another.
I've asked myself that question many times. Honestly I'm not sure how that works.
me too.... (smile)
Woh. That doesn't sound right. The fruit came from the tree, the tree was off limits.

וַיְצַו יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהִים עַל־הָֽאָדָם לֵאמֹר מִכֹּל עֵץ־הַגָּן אָכֹל תֹּאכֵֽל׃
And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat;

וּמֵעֵץ הַדַּעַת טוֹב וָרָע לֹא תֹאכַל מִמֶּנּוּ כִּי בְּיוֹם אֲכָלְךָ מִמֶּנּוּ מוֹת תָּמֽוּת׃
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat from it; for in the day that you eat from it you shall surely die.

From it, מִמֶּ֫נּוּ. H4480.
question, as you said above, the command was not to EAT of one TREE only, he said nothing of its fruit. listen to the LIE of the devil carefully. Genesis 3:1 "Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?" now compare to what God actually said. Genesis 2:16 "And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:" Genesis 2:17 "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."

did you see the "LIE" in what the devil said, " Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?""

the LIE was to TEMP/with EVIL the TRUTH, or CHANGE the TRUTH to a LIE. God said you may FREELY EAT of "EVERY" Tree, except one. but the probation to that tree was for adam and eve.... themselves to eat of it themselves, or by themselves. see, the probation was for them not to EAT. not that they could NEVER eat of the tree, but that they was not to eat of it.

as said, "the mistake was not in the EATING of the FRUIT", but how they ate. ...... by themselves, WITHOUT SUPERVISION, OR PERMISSION. here is my reasoning behind this. why put a tree before you if you will never have anything to do with it. the tree was there .... NOT for a test. if so, God would have run the testing. no, I cannot believe that. because all thing was made GOOD. well children are to be taught and trained in the right way. one cannot teach a child calculus first before learning basic mathematics, it's called "progression" which means the process of developing or moving gradually towards a more advanced state. and eve jumped the gun so to say. Genesis 3:6 "And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat."

that's the key, "she" desired to become wise in her OWN MIND, which was not yet fully developed. because WISDOM COME OUT OF GOD MOUTH scripture, Proverbs 2:6 "For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding."
and KNOWLEDGE and UNDERSTANDING is a Spiritual Gift. supportive scripture, 1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal." 1 Corinthians 12:8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;" a word of WISDOM spoken, out of the MOUTH, come UNDERSTANDING. and by the Spirit, (and God is a Spirit, John 4:24a), gives KNOWLEDGE.

see, one must allow God to you. as roverbs 2:6 states,"For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding."

God who is a Spirit Gives Wisdom how? .... out of his mouth. so eve at the FRUIT of LIES.

brother dybmh, you have made me now to go back and study this some more where as I had put it of many times, now you're making me by God to research this out fully now I cannot put this off any longer. so thanks.

I got to go now because there is some studying/food to be eaten.

101G.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Genesis 6:4 is not a myth. it establishes the fact that Adam and Eve had children in the Garden. a none fallen line from Adam that was contaminated by the marrying. into the fallen line from Adam, (the daughters of men). hence the reason for the flood.

101G.
I believe that is speculation. There were other people besides the Adamic race. I suppose one could say it is relevant to the Adamic race because the Bible tends to be ethnocentric.

Muffled

Jesus in me
@dybmh,
shalom my brother. while you're chewing on my previous posts. here are some more food for thought. in the case of the term "Rib", question, "why is the definition noun, and femmine? remember the woman is now about to be "FORMED". so, really I'm asking how can the term for "rib" be femmine before the woman is brought forth?" is the term relating to something else beside the person or the creature "woman?"

101G has one possible answer, but I'll wait and hear you out first.

PICJAG, 101G
I suppose in cloning the DNA does not care about the gender of the provider so long as it isn't a Y chromosome because women don't have one.

101G

I believe that is speculation. There were other people besides the Adamic race. I suppose one could say it is relevant to the Adamic race because the Bible tends to be ethnocentric.
well prove where they come from? book chapter and verse from the bible

101G