• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bone structure and weight loss goals

Riders

So what is a healthy weight and size for you? Technically I am 5 2 and I have medium-sized bones for my ankles and feet, I wear 8 double or triple wide shoes. I also have a huge big rib cage and collar bone so my dr. says I am both medium and large boned.

But being raised in the 80s I wanted to be a size 4 or a 6 and be a model lol. 140 was a healthy weight for me, even though Drs will say at 5 feet 2 my correct weight is 120. But the 8os was cruel, it was in style to wear a size 3 back then. At 140 to 150 I wore a 13-14 in junior sizes and I hated my body!

I hated the large rib cage that kept me from getting into a size 8 or 6. But these days I would love to be a size 14. I have seen pictures of me at 14 and 140 pounds I look bony and thin. So even though I was in a size 13 I didn´t look big, my big bone structure made me look thin. These days I would love to wear a 13-14 and have my huge rib cage show.

I hated it as a teen though.

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
So what is a healthy weight and size for you? Technically I am 5 2 and I have medium-sized bones for my ankles and feet, I wear 8 double or triple wide shoes. I also have a huge big rib cage and collar bone so my dr. says I am both medium and large boned.

But being raised in the 80s I wanted to be a size 4 or a 6 and be a model lol. 140 was a healthy weight for me, even though Drs will say at 5 feet 2 my correct weight is 120. But the 8os was cruel, it was in style to wear a size 3 back then. At 140 to 150 I wore a 13-14 in junior sizes and I hated my body!

I hated the large rib cage that kept me from getting into a size 8 or 6. But these days I would love to be a size 14. I have seen pictures of me at 14 and 140 pounds I look bony and thin. So even though I was in a size 13 I didn´t look big, my big bone structure made me look thin. These days I would love to wear a 13-14 and have my huge rib cage show.

I don't think there's a one size fits all. People have various bone structures, height, and natural muscle mass which makes there no perfect size, really...

The right size is one in which a person feels (and is)healthy and is comfortable with the way they look. That's going to vary from person to person.

While I understand needing to lose weight for a person's health or comfort, I don't really understand the desire to obtain a certain size, other than perhaps the ease of purchases the more common sizes.

Last edited:

Riders

I hated the large rib cage that kept me from getting into a
size 8 or 6. But these days I would love to be a size 14. I
have seen pictures of me at 14 and 140 pounds I look
bony and thin. So even though I was in a size 13 I
didn´t look big, my big bone structure made me look thin.
These days I would love to wear a 13-14 and have
my huge rib cage show.

13 14 or 16s would be a healthy size for me. I couldnt accept it as a kid like I said I wanted to be a 4. My bones are too big, i look thin oin part because of my bones in a size 13 or 14, so I really don want to get in a lower size these days then that.

Riders

13 or 14 or a 16 would be my natural healthy size because of my big rib cage. These days I would love to see my rib and collar bones sticking out. I don´t want to be in a lower size than that.

King Phenomenon

how many more inches in diameter is a large bone ribcage compared to a small bone generally speaking? is it like 8-10 inches?

Viker

Häxan
I'm 5'11" and around 150lbs. I'd say that is just fine for me. I don't pay much attention to bmi or what sizes I am "supposed" to be.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I wear 8 double or triple wide shoes.

I'm guessing you have two feet like most humans, so I'm left wondering where you wear the other 6.

Anyway, I'm told for my bone structure and height, it is my understanding that 150-170 is the ideal weight for me. I haven't seen that since the first time I quit smoking when I was in my late 30s.

In the past 20 years, I've hovered around 220, and at my heaviest, I was 240, and my lightest at 203. I'm around 220ish now (haven't stepped on a scale in a while). I could stand to lose a few pounds, but overall, I'm content with my current body weight.

I find myself becoming less attached to food, so I imagine my weight will decrease in the near future.

Vee

Premium Member

It's not so much about weight. There are several things to take into account. There are machines that measure bone density, muscle mass and percentage of fat. They can give you a diagnosis based on that. You also have to account for age, gender and hormonal function. It's not a one size fits all system.
To be truly healthy you need to address all that and not just what the scale says. The scale is just a reference.
You need to take the necessary steps to become heathy first and then the weight will adjust and you'll find yourself the size you need to be.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I find myself becoming less attached to food, so I imagine my weight will decrease in the near future.

How did you manage this?

No matter if I am skinny or fat, its my worst attachment. I don't seem to be able to break myself of it... I even tried OA for awhile, but I hated it(my husband, who complains that I give up too easily, commended me for walking away from that one).

I remember first becoming aware of a problem when I downed a box of cereal(I was at a healthy weight at the time), and continued to eat even though I felt sick...

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
How did you manage this?

No matter if I am skinny or fat, its my worst attachment. I don't seem to be able to break myself of it... I even tried OA for awhile, but I hated it(my husband, who complains that I give up too easily, commended me for walking away from that one).

I remember first becoming aware of a problem when I downed a box of cereal(I was at a healthy weight at the time), and continued to eat even though I felt sick...

I think it's a combination of just becoming jaded with food along with moving away from attachment to sense pleasures through the realization that they're all temporary.

I've learned that any pleasure I get from eating food is quite temporary (overeating is really nothing more than an attempt to extend the duration of this pleasure), and the effects, while also temporary, are longer term and lead to greater suffering than not giving in to that desire of sense pleasure in food.