• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bomb Blast outside Kabul girl's school kills dozens...

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
At least 30 people are dead, many of the female students, after a bomb exploded outside a high school in Kabul. The Taliban have condemned the attack and denied responsibility, pointing the finger at ISIS.

Whoever is to blame, my question is simply this: why do so many Muslim men seem to fear nothing so much as a female with a book?

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
At least 30 people are dead, many of the female students, after a bomb exploded outside a high school in Kabul. The Taliban have condemned the attack and denied responsibility, pointing the finger at ISIS.

Whoever is to blame, my question is simply this: why are do so many Muslim men seem to fear nothing so much as a female with a book?
I think your question here is very well put, and very important to ask.
I do not have a good answer for you, but maybe the men see well educated females as a danger to them self?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Whoever is to blame, my question is simply this: why do so many Muslim men seem to fear nothing so much as a female with a book?
That's weird. The Taliban blaming ISIS?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Because I saw you make the claim. I expect you to back it up.
The news, now slowly trickling out from Afghanistan, has testimony from a number of people -- both those who oppose educating females, and females saying "I will continue my education even if I am scared."

Now, if you have any information suggesting that the bomber was only trying to clear the school of cockroaches, please produce it.

epronovost

Why do you assume it's about "a female with a book"?

Maybe it as something to do with bombing a school for women, the opposition of Taliban and similar islamist groups to women education (remember the assassination attempt of Malala Yousafzai and the various attacks of Boko Haram against schools for women and girls). There is a long history of attacks against women in the region, specifically against women education.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
My thoughts:
1) They for sure did not have the right Teacher in some part of their life
2) The for sure have no decent common sense
3) They for sure lack discrimination