• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bojo 2024?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
And, it looks like we have a Jennifer Arcuri diary/book coming out which appears to say that Johnson agreed to help her company in return for sex.

Oh wow, and the right is not going to bat an eyelid.

exchemist

Veteran Member
And, it looks like we have a Jennifer Arcuri diary/book coming out which appears to say that Johnson agreed to help her company in return for sex.
Now THAT gives me some hope he could be holed below the waterline. But we may find the revelations are not sufficiently clear-cut.

I don't think the men in grey suits will come for him until he is definitely an electoral liability. Mid-terms popularity blips won't be enough for that. But a clear-cut case of corruption would do for him.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I have a hideous feeling Bozo may get a second term, unless Labour and the Lib Dems can do a deal, probably involving the Scot Nats as well. The rise of the Scot Nats has made it very hard for Labour to win a majority.

Thanks to Bozo, I shall never vote Conservative again. But there aren't enough people like me to keep him out, I'm afraid.
Trump Lite™ is a refreshing change over the real thing to me. But your reaction to him is the same as my reaction to Trump. I was hoping that I could vote Republican again after he lost. Unfortunately Trump is the dog do of politics. Once your country steps in him he does not come off.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Trump Lite™ is a refreshing change over the real thing to me. But your reaction to him is the same as my reaction to Trump. I was hoping that I could vote Republican again after he lost. Unfortunately Trump is the dog do of politics. Once your country steps in him he does not come off.
Very apposite imagery.:D

The one saving grace of the UK situation is that we are not all each other's throats, yet, as a result of, say, Brexit, or the so far feeble attempts of Bozo's people to get culture wars going. And no political party is yet denying the outcome of elections or changing the rules on voting. So we're not at imminent risk of fascism, in the way the US seems to be.

But Bozolini is working on it. He is moving heaven and Earth to get Paul "Double C*** " Dacre* appointed as head of the media regulator. He is encouraging the start up of far right TV channels, something we have managed to avoid so far. If he gets Dacre into the regulator, we can kiss goodbye to the concept of "balance" in the TV media. He has appointed a right wing ex-nurse with tabloid opinions to be the minister for culture(!) and his people are easing out directors of our arts organisations and and museums, to replace them with Brexitty, right winger placemen.

So the Trumpian undermining of the institutions that curate the culture of our society is proceeding, more or less under the radar, on multiple fronts. Bozo cultivates a bumbling persona partly to disguise his aggressively right wing agenda. I think, myself, that because we are a small island it will be harder for him to split the country into two polarised groups that hate each other passionately, in the way Trump and Murdoch, unwittingly aided by Zuckerberg and Dorsey, have managed in the States. Nevertheless the sooner we can excrete this turd from the body politic the happier we will feel.

*So called due to his amazingly foul mouthed tirades when he was editor of the Daily Mail, which under his leadership came to be dubbed, in a nod to Orwell, the "Daily Hate".

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Will Boris Johnson be re-elected as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom with a new Conservative government if a general election is held in 2024? Or will it go to Keir Starmer become PM? maybe someone else?

Will Scotland and Wales still be speaking to us? Or will Northern Ireland be exploding and on fire again? And how much of the country will be left standing and open for business by then after COVID and Brexit?

Let's make our American cousins suffer and talk about our embarrassing and ridiculous domestic situation for a bit! Let's here it for Britain! :D

I reckon there'll be a tory government on a reduced majority with a new leader (****head is now an electoral liability and tories don't do loyalty in the face of risking loss of power).
Scotland will be on the way to independence, Wales will still be half speaking to Westminster and Northern Ireland will probably be in flames.
The big cities will still be viable, smaller conurbations not so much. Brexit and the move to home working has decimated them - where I live (250,000 pop) is like a ghost town: lots of boarded up shops and on weekdays it seems like half the people in the town are druggies.
On the plus side, we got our country back and Rees Mogg is even richer (he even gave the nanny a 17p/hr pay rise).

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
Or the Daily Heil, in a nod to Godwin.
Haha, yes.

Though it has to be said that now, under Geordie Greig, it has moved some way back towards the centre and is not at all shy of taking pot shots at Bozo and his government. That I see as a very +ve sign, in view of the large numbers that read that rag.

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
I reckon there'll be a tory government on a reduced majority with a new leader (****head is now an electoral liability and tories don't do loyalty in the face of risking loss of power).
Scotland will be on the way to independence, Wales will still be half speaking to Westminster and Northern Ireland will probably be in flames.
The big cities will still be viable, smaller conurbations not so much. Brexit and the move to home working has decimated them - where I live (250,000 pop) is like a ghost town: lots of empty shops and on weekdays it seems like half the people in the town are druggies.
On the plus side, we got our country back and Rees Mogg is even richer (he even gave the nanny a 17p/hr pay rise).
I think you are right about another Tory govt. I don't see where Labour, or even a coalition with the Lib Dems, is going to get enough seats together, now that Scotland is solidly SNP. I suppose Labour could conceivably do a deal with the SNP, but it feels unlikely, given that Labour is in favour of the Union and won't want to give them a 2nd referendum and thereby risk being responsible for the break-up of the UK. I've a feeling that pleasure will fall to the Tories.

My hunch is that Bozolini will lead them into the election, though. I don't think the Tories will dump a proven winner until he proves he can also lose. Unless he gets done for corruption in the meantime of course: Acurigate and all that. My God that woman seems unutterably ghastly, though, in every way. Seems to score zero on the personality and beauty axes anyway. Maybe she has a fierce intellect or something:shrug:............nah..........

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Haha, yes.

Though it has to be said that now, under Geordie Grieg, it has moved some way back towards the centre and is not at all shy of taking pot shots at Bozo and his government. That I see as a very +ve sign, in view of the large numbers that read that rag.
Dare I say it but the express seems worse now.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well as long as you don't expect him to keep it in his pants. :rolleyes:

Aah, the Rudy Giuliani school of politics:
rudy_Guiliani_borat.jpeg

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
Er...that's one I don't know about. I'm shocked I tell you, shocked.
The Eye is determined that people should not forget how Dirty Desmond came by his wealth. Every time he is mentioned there is a reference to Asian Babes, not least because Desmond is trying very hard to become a respected member of the establishment, even though he is in fact little better than a gangster. :D