• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boehner rebukes the Tea Party.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Just as predicted.

The billionaires who control the republican party have given their orders.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Just sit back with your popcorn and watch. I usually let them do their own thing...but keeping and eye on their shenanigans. We have a habit of jumping for joy when the go bonkers in their party...then get blind sided by some covert conservative sneak attack......Smile while they fight but at the same time we need to be working on our ground game and social media game as the majority of Americans agree with our agenda anyway....2014 (Forward)

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Just sit back with your popcorn and watch. I usually let them do their own thing...but keeping and eye on their shenanigans. We have a habit of jumping for joy when the go bonkers in their party...then get blind sided by some covert conservative sneak attack......Smile while they fight but at the same time we need to be working on our ground game and social media game as the majority of Americans agree with our agenda anyway....2014 (Forward)
What the heck are you babbling about?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
What the heck are you babbling about?
I do find it entertaining how so many on the other side of the aisle make such bold pronouncements. Everything is just fine in Lalaland, so Liberals/Democrats & Leftists shouldn't uncork the champagne bottles just yet. Hmmm. Maybe they should, then they will be too drunk to know what hit them... come 2014 midterms.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Perhaps we should add a dose of reality to this progressive wet dream. Moderates decide elections and right now the ACA is the Republicans best friend.

Reading this thread has me wondering if we are even on the same planet.

No one is thinking any GOP member is going to start voting Democrat right?

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Perhaps we should add a dose of reality to this progressive wet dream. Moderates decide elections and right now the ACA is the Republicans best friend.

Typically the republicans always vote...republican. The same for the democrats. There is a very scant few in the middle that can go either way and is how they decide the elections. For the presidential election its based more in states and that is the swing states of NC, Florida, Colorado, Nevada, Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio and virgina.

Also as it ranks with the ones that are "deep blue" states they already have a slightly higher number of electoral votes guranteed compaired to republican "red" states. In fact if they could get Ohio and Florida they really don't need any other states to win.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
The thing that escapes both sides is they both go too far and upset the middle. Carter and then Reagan, then Bush 41, then Clinton, then Bush 43 then Obama. The pendulum swings both ways especially when we get 8 years or more of one side, the middle wants to give the other side another chance. Clinton's gun legislation hurt Democrats big time. Any time one side gets something done, there is backlash. GWB, no different. The Dem's could have elected Howdy Doody after that.

Another factor is loyalty. Hillary or Biden has to be the nominee. It is their turn so to speak but might not be the fresh person to keep the party in office. Both sides are bound to this unsucessful loyalty.

The system almost by design sways back and forth. Young folks really have no grasp of this. All they see is their desires.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
The thing that escapes both sides is they both go too far and upset the middle. Carter and then Reagan, then Bush 41, then Clinton, then Bush 43 then Obama. The pendulum swings both ways especially when we get 8 years or more of one side, the middle wants to give the other side another chance. Clinton's gun legislation hurt Democrats big time. Any time one side gets something done, there is backlash. GWB, no different. The Dem's could have elected Howdy Doody after that.

Another factor is loyalty. Hillary or Biden has to be the nominee. It is their turn so to speak but might not be the fresh person to keep the party in office. Both sides are bound to this unsucessful loyalty.

The system almost by design sways back and forth. Young folks really have no grasp of this. All they see is their desires.
The trend I see is that more "young" folk seem to see that the two party system is nothing but a joke. I have slight hope that they will help end it but it is but a slight hope. Neither a democrat or republican candidate will ever bring about the correct change needed.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
The trend I see is that more "young" folk seem to see that the two party system is nothing but a joke. I have slight hope that they will help end it but it is but a slight hope. Neither a democrat or republican candidate will ever bring about the correct change needed.
After two years of Obama there was a mini backlash that gave the house to the TEA party. Even Obama said he got a slilacken. Two more years he got reelected.

The thing is, GWB made me a rich man. What did 8 years of Obama give you?

The GOP's biggest threat is the hispanic vote. With our borders unsecure and amnesty a real possibility, it could be the death rattle for the Republican party. There issue is many Conservatives like cheap hard working labor which is the biggest threat to a living wage. Our only hope is we secure the border and give amensity to the folks already here and they start businesses and come under the GOP tent with us.

Hispanics are mostly Catholic and many Democrats may go too far courting Liberals and insult Hispanic principles.

Once again, things will swing back and forth.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
After two years of Obama there was a mini backlash that gave the house to the TEA party. Even Obama said he got a slilacken. Two more years he got reelected.
Actaully it was a movement funded by some of the wealthest of Americans to try and prevent any form of healthcare reform. It was disguised as a "grass roots movement" and they fooled a lot of people. Still do. Make no mistake it wasn't "Obama" that caused the swing but rather a very planed political movement with a lot of money backing it.
I highly doubt GWB made you rich. Obama hasn't really given me anything. Neither did Bush though. Clinton gave me (even though I wasnt' old enough) a decent start.
The GOP's biggest threat is the hispanic vote. With our borders unsecure and amnesty a real possibility, it could be the death rattle for the Republican party. There issue is many Conservatives like cheap hard working labor which is the biggest threat to a living wage. Our only hope is we secure the border and give amensity to the folks already here and they start businesses and come under the GOP tent with us.

Hispanics are mostly Catholic and many Democrats may go too far courting Liberals and insult Hispanic principles.
New younger hispanics are becoming more and more liberal and leaving behind the older religiously motivated things behind. In 30 years the conservative ability to ride on religion will not exist and it will have to evolve or die. Its fiscal polices have not proven anything other than destructive starting with Regan.
Yep. Its a dance. The mainstream American is to stupid to realize whats going on and their attention span is not long enough to remember before the last stupid thing that the political parties have done to screw them over.

Its the nature of things in a two party system. Its like pretend democracy.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
It hurts to say but I did expect better. Though capitalism is a very often misused word. Specifically how do you define it?
Allowing folks to roll the dice and let the chips fall where they may. Too big to fail? Horse Crap!

Squashing small business startups with over regulation making them wait for years to write off expenses, taxing the hell out of them. Allowing foreign trade to operate on an uneven playing field. Government picking winners and losers........

Just unleash people who have a burning desire to suceed and let them win or lose period.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Allowing folks to roll the dice and let the chips fall where they may. Too big to fail? Horse Crap!

Squashing small business startups with over regulation making them wait for years to write off expenses, taxing the hell out of them. Allowing foreign trade to operate on an uneven playing field. Government picking winners and losers........

Just unleash people who have a burning desire to suceed and let them win or lose period.
This is how you define capitalism? I'm sorry I think you meshed your feeligns towards the current form of government and your definition.

But capitalism means specifically that the capital products of a country is controled, traded, produced, ect by private companies rather than the state. Our country follows that perfectly. What you are referring to is "free market" and there is no "free market" in America and there never has been. In fact I can't think of any economist worth his salt that would say its a good thing.

Though I agree that we need to change everything about how we govern. We need to more highly regulate the larger corporations and buisnisses while allowing massive tax breaks and loopholes for smaller buisnesses.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I do find it entertaining how so many on the other side of the aisle make such bold pronouncements. Everything is just fine in Lalaland, so Liberals/Democrats & Leftists shouldn't uncork the champagne bottles just yet. Hmmm. Maybe they should, then they will be too drunk to know what hit them... come 2014 midterms.

Bring it on......:ko:

tytlyf

Not Religious

There are more moderates in the Democrat party than in the Republican party. The ACA will soon be the Democrats' best friend come the new year and once plans go live.
GOP member voting Democrat? You mean in the house?
Biden isn't going to run for anything. Guaranteed. Not sure why you keep saying that.
I'll remain loyal to whatever side is more sane.
Yep, the Teaparty and media intervention really got some people angry and running to the polling booths voting on misinformation. Look what happened after 2010, once they got into Congress, things wen't downhill fast for America. You built that.

I'd say more people ended up losing in the end. We're still feeling the aftershocks. You sound selfish as usual, always me-me-me. That's not very christian
Our only hope is we secure the border and give amensity to the folks already here and they start businesses and come under the GOP tent with us.
But your party doesn't want amnesty, they want them shipped out (racist bigots). And it doesn't help that your party says racist things publicly about hispanics. Calves the size of cantaloupes?

Most democrats are christian/catholic. Most jews are democrat. Most atheists are democrat. What's your point?
I'm assuming when you refer to insulting hispanic principles you're referring ONLY to contraception. Ya, I don't really see a problem with that.
I see a Blue government for at least a decade. The republicans appeal to no one.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
But your party doesn't want amnesty, they want them shipped out (racist bigots).

GWB tried real hard to start a path to citizenship. I guess you are too young to remember the amnesty Regan provided.

Do you think for one time in your life you could just let your position stand on it's own merits instead of attacking the character of Republicans?

Your party has way more bigots in history and you know it. What party did George Wallace belong to? The Democrats had KKK members in the senate for God's sake.

Surely I don't have to remind you Lincoln belonged to the GOP right?

Look at GWB's appointments or who used to be the head of the GOP not long ago.

Jesus, Biden has made racist remarks about Obama when he threw his hat into the ring. Harry Reed stepped in it too saying Obama did not talk like a black man. :facepalm: