• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bob Dylan Songs Not Written or Performed by Bob Dylan

Axe Elf

Prophet
I know, it's kind of a confusing thread topic, but I'm thinking of songs that sound for all the world like they should be Bob Dylan songs, except that Bob Dylan had nothing to do with them (other than maybe serving as a vague general influence).

Here are some; can you think of any others?

This may be the most Bob Dylan-ish of all the non-Bob Dylan songs ever.

This one reminds me of his second stint with The Band, circa 1974.

I guess with this one it's more the poetic and cryptic imagery than the vocal style.

It's kind of like cheating to go with another Ike Reilly song--it's even from the same album--but what can I say; the man channeled Dylan.

Earthling

David Henson
At first I must have misread the subject heading to mean songs Bob Wrote but hadn't recorded well known himself at that time, like Clapton's Sign Language (Which Included Dylan Himself) and Ron Wood's Seven Days.

Or co-wrote . . .

Then . . . well . . . of course . . . there are the parodies . . .

And so managing to not have addressed the actual topic because, oddly enough, I can't think of anything.

Axe Elf

Prophet
I could get behind a parody or two...

Here's "Temporarily Like Bob Dylan" from the legendary Bongos, Bass & Bob album "Never Mind the Sex Pistols, Here's Bongos, Bass & Bob," featuring Penn Jillette (of Penn & Teller):

And Weird Al's palindromic tour de force "BOB" (with Abbie Hoffman in the background).

Last edited: