• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bloomberg’s Lateral Strategy

ecco

Veteran Member

Let's look at the veracity of one more of Trump's "accomplishments".

Trump signs largely symbolic pre-existing conditions order amid lawsuit
President Trump on Thursday signed a largely symbolic executive order aimed at protecting people with pre-existing conditions as he takes fire for a lawsuit seeking to overturn ObamaCare, which enacted those protections.

“The historic action I am taking today includes the first-ever executive order to affirm it is the official policy of the United States government to protect patients with pre-existing conditions,” Trump said during a speech in North Carolina, a key swing state. “So we're making that official.”

Trump noted “our opponents, the Democrats, like to constantly talk about” health care and pre-existing conditions, but “now we have it affirmed, this is affirmed, signed and done.”
The White House did not immediately release the text of the order, but from Trump and other officials’ descriptions it simply states that protecting people with pre-existing conditions is the policy of the government, something that does not have the force of law on its own.

The Trump administration is backing a GOP-led lawsuit seeking to overturn all of ObamaCare, including the law’s protections for people with pre-existing conditions. If the Supreme Court does strike down the health law, a new law would still be required to replace the protections, despite Trump’s executive order.

Trump also did not lay out the details of how he would protect people with pre-existing conditions.
In other words:
  • Trump continues to try to eliminate ACA which has guaranteed, by law, coverage of pre-existing conditions.
  • Trump signs a vague executive order which carries no weight.
  • Trump brags to his followers that He is protecting people with pre-existing conditions.

Who believes this male-bovine-feces? Not any rational person who has even a basic understanding of ACA.

Who believes this male-bovine-feces? His Sheeples.

Let's look at some of the most egregious portions:
“The historic action I am taking today includes the first-ever executive order to affirm it is the official policy of the United States government to protect patients with pre-existing conditions,” Trump said during a speech in North Carolina, a key swing state. “So we're making that official.”​

Goody - it may well be a "first-ever executive order". However, instead of a toothless executive order, the Obama era Dems actually made it law.

The White House did not immediately release the text of the order, but from Trump and other officials’ descriptions it simply states that protecting people with pre-existing conditions is the policy of the government, something that does not have the force of law on its own.​

It may not have any teeth but the Sheeples are fooled. And that's all that is necessary.

The Trump administration is backing a GOP-led lawsuit seeking to overturn all of ObamaCare, including the law’s protections for people with pre-existing conditions. If the Supreme Court does strike down the health law, a new law would still be required to replace the protections, despite Trump’s executive order.
So, Trump's latest accomplishment is not really an accomplishment, is it? It is just another "Hey Sheeples, look how great I am" piece of tripe.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
No taxation without representation.
They pay taxes, they are citizens, they have the right to vote.
It used to be that only landowners could vote.

I guess it all depends on the representation.

In NY its primarily the municipal unions and federations that is represented in beautiful fashion.

The rest? Forget it.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It used to be that only landowners could vote.

I guess it all depends on the representation.

In NY its primarily the municipal unions and federations that is represented in beautiful fashion.

The rest? Forget it.
You aren't able to vote?
Seriously?

Or are you just Trumping us...

Tom

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You mean, majority rule? Democracy?

I can understand why that upsets Trump voters.

I'm totally clutching my pearls on your behalf.
Tom
If majority applies towards favoritism.

Whatever happened to all the minority representation all of a sudden?

Maybe the majority of the voting population wants to ban gay rights or wants prayer in schools in some areas. Get rid of all illegals? What would you say about that?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
If majority applies towards favoritism.

Whatever happened to all the minority representation all of a sudden?

Maybe the majority of the voting population wants to ban gay rights or wants prayer in schools in some areas. Get rid of all illegals? What would you say about that?
You mean, revert to the way things have been most of my life?
I'm not too worried. Majority rules.

Well, except for the White House obviously.

Tom

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Maybe the majority of the voting population wants to ban gay rights
Thats pretty much what Pence did for Indiana, amd he fought vehemently and tooth and nail, going as far to even attempt to defy the Supreme Court. It's a terrible thing that it happens, even worse when the Christians claim persecution and discrimination when people flip them off in response to their legislation of repression.

ecco

Veteran Member

The rest? Forget it.

What are you trying to say? Are you asserting that in NY union members get more votes than the farmers upstate?