• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blood Sacrifice

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
Has anyone offered a blood sacrifice (own blood) to any gods? If so: which gods/goddesses, for what purpose, and what method did you use to draw blood?

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
For simple safety reasons I haven't actually drawn blood. I have made the symbolic act of cutting my wrist with either a finger or a ritual knife in order to sacrifice my life force or metaphysical blood or whatever it would make sense to call it to entities I want to get the attention of. Personally I've found that the gest in itself signifies more to me than just using physical blood and it's worked better too.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I have, but I'm not sure I wish to discuss it much for various reasons. Aspects of it are in the same category as discussing the details of a sex encounter for me, so... yeah. It's just something you don't share with other people?

I will say I use lancets, though. Quick. Simple. Easy. Most importantly, safe and sterile. I also learned the hard way that squeezing too much blood out of one's finger makes it go a little bit numb. *laughs*

Erebus

Blood sacrifice is a staple of most of my rituals. A pin-prick on the thumb and a couple of drops are adequate for my purposes.

I won't draw blood for curses as I feel I shouldn't be putting "myself" into the curse and it's not exactly practical to draw the blood of the person I want to curse ;)

Sylvan

Unrepentant goofer duster
Yup lancets is the way. I save such procedures for very special occasions myself.

Monster!

Ooh, feel a bit queasy... :s, don't like people mentioning the circulatory system, especially when it involves cutting yourself... x