• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blood Pressure

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I have a near perfect 120/80 lately, but only when I avoid pizza.
I am still takimg advantage of devouring pizza like its a food group while my body can still handle it by the truck loads and keep my cholesterols at good numbers. :D

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Usually around 98/64. However, last time the dentist took mine it was 70/50. I told her that her machine was broken.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Mine hovers around 110/70, give or take a few points on both ends--except for when I play online games or read forum posts. Then it jumps to around 250/140.

Just kidding on the last part. Sometimes it does get on the low side and make me dizzy and tired, though.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm taking three BP drugs and the last time I checked, I was under 140/80. I should check again.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
139/79 on BP pills. Only recently started on them and was averaging 160/90 before that.

exchemist

Veteran Member
my numbers are 160 0ver 90
I'm sorry to hear that. Are you doing anything to get it down?

When I was last tested I was 120/80 so nominal, but things have slipped since my rowing days, when I was 100/60. But then I am 65 now, and I gather it tends to go up as you get older, due to less elasticity in the walls of your arteries.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Last check several weeks ago was 128/89. It's managed by Lisinopril HCTZ, diet, and meditation.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
to widen the discussion......
my numbers are very constant

except last month when a very bad headache
kicked it up to 225 over 160

rough day
ate aspirin like candy

the back pain that came with it took several days to fade

and I …...don't know

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Hey!.... @oldbadger

are you up for this ?
Yes!
I have just changed my BP meter from a wrist-meter to a proper upper arm meter at the enormous price of £19.99 (about $24 I reckon).

I take a reading each morning and will therefore stick up the result on this thread. :)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I'm sorry to hear that. Are you doing anything to get it down?

When I was last tested I was 120/80 so nominal, but things have slipped since my rowing days, when I was 100/60. But then I am 65 now, and I gather it tends to go up as you get older, due to less elasticity in the walls of your arteries.

Well I never...... you were a competition rower?
Sculls? Pairs? Fours? Eights, possibly?

I was a mid-distance rower, Whitstable-Ostende, Whitstable-Flushing. I often rowed from Whitstable to Blackwater (near Colchester) where my father lived. I designed my own sea rowing craft and Practical Boat Owner published its plans and so forth. But I've always had high BP, ever since youth.