• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blogger?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I'm thinking of setting up a blog.

Anyone got any recommendations, tips, advice or whatever?

Thanks!

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Choose what to focus on - you could decide that it's an anything goes blog, but if you're interested in a specific group of readers, deciding to cover certain subjects might be a good start.

Using tags for posts is useful.

Good luck!

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Realistically, I wouldn't expect more than 50 cents.

Unrealistically, maybe, it'd probably involve setting up ad revenue services. Though, I'm not sure free blogs have the best options for that.
I wasn't looking for money. I thought blogs could be free? Are there always costs?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Clearly I'm at base camp here. What are tags and what are they used for?
Tags are keywords or phrases that denote the subject or subjects of the piece of text. In blogspot blogs, before posting a post you can define those keywords. Here:
upload_2020-6-3_17-34-33.png

this is from my blog (which I'm not doing too well in terms of updating at the mo'). On the right side you can see the labels section, and a partial list of some of the past labels I've used. On-site, labels at the end of posts can be clicked and then the viewer receives a list of all posts with that same label. Some blogs are built in a way that includes a side-bar that has the entire list of labels/tags and one can freely choose what to check out.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
any similarity to youtube style of subscribing?

Successful blogs do get fans, people who sign up for the blog's feeds and make comments. However, it's a lot of work. Not only do you have to write the material, but you're also in charge of answering comments as well as moderating the comments section. And you have to market yourself and your page too, to get followers.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Tags are keywords or phrases that denote the subject or subjects of the piece of text. In blogspot blogs, before posting a post you can define those keywords. Here:
View attachment 40472
this is from my blog (which I'm not doing too well in terms of updating at the mo'). On the right side you can see the labels section, and a partial list of some of the past labels I've used. On-site, labels at the end of posts can be clicked and then the viewer receives a list of all posts with that same label. Some blogs are built in a way that includes a side-bar that has the entire list of labels/tags and one can freely choose what to check out.
Ah. Many thanks.
Who have you used to build yours with, and would you recommend it?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Successful blogs do get fans, people who sign up for the blog's feeds and make comments. However, it's a lot of work. Not only do you have to write the material, but you're also in charge of answering comments as well as moderating the comments section. And you have to market yourself and your page too, to get followers.
Do you run one?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Ah. Many thanks.
Who have you used to build yours with, and would you recommend it?
I use Blogspot - really easy to use. Some people create really great blogs with blogspot. I'm not too familiar on the ins and outs of it, but I'm sure youtube has tutorials. Other people use Wordpress, but I've found that to be much more complicated and needing of knowing some programming know-how.