• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BLM and the Democratic Party

Nova2216

I was watching a black man on Fox News TV concerned about his daughter. He was looking into the mission statement of BLM. He found that money sent to the BLM movement went to the Democratic Party.

What a shocker!!!

We need to get this information out to the masses.

epronovost

This is the BLM mission statement.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

I don't see any mention that all the money they receive goes to the Democratic Party. There is no mention of Democrats in this statement. Also not that BLM is an international movement, not only an American one.

Also, it seems this a debunked rumor that originate from some troll meme. There has been extansive fact checking by several organisations of which I will post only one.

Donations to Black Lives Matter Group Don't Go to DNC

Nova2216

This is the BLM mission statement.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

I don't see any mention that all the money they receive goes to the Democratic Party. There is no mention of Democrats in this statement. Also not that BLM is an international movement, not only an American one.

Also, it seems this a debunked rumor that originate from some troll meme. There has been extansive fact checking by several organisations of which I will post only one.

Donations to Black Lives Matter Group Don't Go to DNC

I did not say all the money went to the DNC.

Are you saying NONE of the money goes to the DNC?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
First I heard of it. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was some backdoor funneling going on.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It seems like this revolves around the organization ActBlue which takes in donations for BLM and the DNC. Kind of funny how the two happened to be in the same pot here. Conflict of interest anybody?

I suspect the money is laundered there and then distributed so it's squeaky clean and legal when it's 'donated' to their intended destinations. It turns out that ActBlue takes a cut of the donations for themselves, and also any 'unclaimed' donations tend to be considered as contributions to ActBlue which makes me immensely curious on how those funds are used.

From what I gather, ActBlue is very reluctant to disclose how and where those particular funds go.

Republicans are barred from using the organization.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I was watching a black man on Fox News TV concerned about his daughter. He was looking into the mission statement of BLM. He found that money sent to the BLM movement went to the Democratic Party.

What a shocker!!!

We need to get this information out to the masses.
Rubbish, why would money from the UK go to the Democrats?
Please post a link for your assertion.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I did not say all the money went to the DNC.

Are you saying NONE of the money goes to the DNC?
The burden of proof is with you. It is up to you to provide evidence that money is going to the DNC. It is also your responsibility to create a summary as to why you think this is a bad thing (if it is true). You have provided none of these things. For now, this is just a rumor with no weight once so ever.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Even if this was true, does it not make sense that a movement would gravitate toward those who support it rather than those who oppose it?

tytlyf

Not Religious
Even if this was true, does it not make sense that a movement would gravitate toward those who support it rather than those who oppose it?
It's like they're surprised the money isn't going to republicans. Sorry, that party is the problem in America. Greedy and corrupt for the capitalist elitists.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The problem with conservative opinions on this is that it comes from a party where the leader does such things all the time and so they assume that the left is as corrupt and law-breaking as the right.

That's understandable and sad.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
It would be interesting to hear what Biden would say on the matter, but he's not talking bout it right now.
There's an old saying that goes "Even a fish would keep out of trouble if it just kept its mouth shut!".

Biden is quite content to just "let Trump be Trump", thus sink his own ship, and it's hard to argue with that strategy at this point. Biden's been around for an eternity it seems, so he's a known entity.

Tambourine

The problem with conservative opinions on this is that it comes from a party where the leader does such things all the time and so they assume that the left is as corrupt and law-breaking as the right.

That's understandable and sad.
I did a poll in the Conservative forum if anybody could think of a reason not to vote for Trump.

A single person came forward.Nobody else on these boards even bothered to respond.

There is nothing that would dissuade these people from supporting Trump. Nothing at all.

Nova2216

It would be interesting to hear what Biden would say on the matter, but he's not talking bout it right now.

Ole Puxatawney Biden did have something good to say about one Mr. Robert Byrd years ago.

I think Mr. Byrd had something to do with the KKK..

Remember that?