• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BLM actions elect TRUMP

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Go ask LEO TERRELL.

He will tell you how the cow eats the cabbage.
So, you ignore thousands to listen to the one who tickles your ears? But at least you are following the Bible. 1 Tim 2:4

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables​

George Floyd disagrees with you.

Nova2216

So, you ignore thousands to listen to the one who tickles your ears? But at least you are following the Bible. 1 Tim 2:4

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables​

Leo Terrell is black he should know.

Leo Terrell is also a Civil Rights Lawyer in CA.

Got anything else to say?

Nova2216

Friend, if you want to trade bible verses you came to the right person. Just pick a topic.

Nova2216

Where do you live? Where'd you get this idea?

Like a fish in water, you're immersed in it -- but you don't perceive it.
Polls from the early '60s found most people were unaware of any discrimination then, too.

If you don't look for the evidence; if you don't want to see it, you're unlikely to perceive it.

Friend, there is a great gulf between "any" discrimination and "sytemic" discrimination. I admit there is racist in America but it is NOT SYSTEMIC.

One thing a prosecutor never wants to do is overcharge someone for something they cannot prove.

In my opinion that is exactly what BLM has done.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It seems I offended a person on this thread.

I apologize to that person.
I think it's safe to say you offend more than one person. You offend a great many with your offensive ways. For instance, dismissing Black Lives Matters. What Christian would be so insulting to them as you have shown? 2 Cor. 6:3

Last edited:

Nova2216

I think it's safe to say you offend more than one person. You offend a great many with your offensive ways. For instance, dismissing Black Lives Matters. What Christian would be so insulting to them as you have shown? 2 Cor. 6:3

I oppose any group who THREATENS to BURN down our American government system, burns businesses, or kill our brave Policemen, etc.

Any good American would oppose such a violent group..

Nova2216

Sorry you will get not apology from me on that note.

Any leader of any group (BLM) which gets on TV and threatens to burn down our government system cannot be a good leader.

Nova2216

Touchy subject that merits so many all-caps? Does Christian hypocrisy exist? Yes, or no. If yes, what does it look like?

Hypocrisy probably exist in most all areas of life I suppose.

The word of God says -

(Phil 3:16) - let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

(1Cor.1:10) - that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment

The whole denominational world REJECTS these scriptures.

If they did accept them there would only be one church like there was in the first century. (Rom.16:16) (Mt.16:18,19) (Acts 2:47) (Eph.1:22,23) (Col.1:18,24)

(Eph.4:3-6) - Speaks of unity

Mr 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

You tell me who is playing the hypocrites.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I oppose any group who THREATENS to BURN down our American government system, burns businesses, or kill our brave Policemen, etc.

You must be talking of some other group that is not BLM. BLM is not a militant, anti-government group. You need to educate yourself better than where you're being informed from right now.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sorry you will get not apology from me on that note.

Any leader of any group (BLM) which gets on TV and threatens to burn down our government system cannot be a good leader.
Please support this with evidence. What BLM leader threatens to burn down our government? If you mean "burn down", metaphorically speaking, systemic racism built into our government, then yes! But that is through process, not violence.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hypocrisy probably exist in most all areas of life I suppose.
It is particularly pernicious when it exists in a religious context. I'm sure you have read of all the times Jesus attacked the religious self-righteous in scripture. The reason it is so pernicious, is because it hides human ugliness behind a garb of righteousness, behind the name of God. It becomes apparent that these are the 'wolves in sheep's clothing' that Jesus pointed to, as well as those who claimed his name, only to be told, "I never knew you."

Be careful what you hear behind the mask of their words.

The word of God says -

(Phil 3:16) - let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

(1Cor.1:10) - that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment

The whole denominational world REJECTS these scriptures.
So you are saying that every Christian should think and believe exactly the same things in exactly the same ways without any differences in understandings, or practices? And that for them to not believe as you do, that is what makes them hypocritical?

Are you familiar with the entire 14th chapter of the book of Romans?

If they did accept them there would only be one church like there was in the first century. (Rom.16:16) (Mt.16:18,19) (Acts 2:47) (Eph.1:22,23) (Col.1:18,24)
That is actually not true at all. You can see it even within Paul's writing at the time. People believed differently from each other back then, and there was no single one unifying belief, other than in Jesus as the Messiah. Paul had an argument with James and Peter over beliefs. It's in scripture, in Paul's own writings. Luke records it as well in Acts.

But beyond even that internal evidence, the discovery of early Christian texts has very clearly shown there never was a single theology in early Christianity. There were many competing views, and the one that became "orthodoxy" was just one of the many competing sects. There is a great deal of information available about this.

(Eph.4:3-6) - Speaks of unity
Yes. But unity of what? Ideas? Opinions? Beliefs? The entire 14th chapter of Romans has Paul explaining how different Christians believe different ways, and not to let that be our focus, but on Love. That is what he means about unity. We are united, in our differences through the Love of God. Right?

Something that may help you. Understand there is a difference between unity, and uniformity. Uniformity is sameness. Everything is the the same color. Unity on the other hand is about bringing all the disparate parts together, like a jigsaw puzzle. And once the pieces unite, a single image does appear, and that is the image of Love.

You mistake holding common beliefs as the same as genuine love.

You tell me who is playing the hypocrites.
Those who claim to be Christians, but spewing hateful rhetoric and division. Them.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How about groups that want to improve our American government?
"Kill our brave policemen?" How many people are actually out to do that?
I get the impression you regard the police as heroic guardians of law and order; protectors of the people. What do you make of the recent allegations of misconduct? Founded or unfounded?

But one must be careful not to lump the peaceful idealists trying to make a difference in the world in with the hooligans and thrill seekers attracted to large gatherings. There is more than one "group" involved.