• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BLM actions elect TRUMP

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Biden is that middle ground. He's what in my youth I would have called a liberal Republican.

Ah, but he is a Democrat. Because of that, he can't escape the vested interests of the democratic party. Nor more than Trump can escape the vested interests of the republican party. Trump is far from a Republican but since he ran as a republican he still needs to appease the party's elite somewhat.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I sense an unhealthy need to win, & make the other person wrong.
Actually, I can tell what your triggers are. You are the right-leaning side of postmodernism, and have an allergy to calling BS, BS when you see it. Does that mean I think there is only one version of truth, damnit? No, of course not. There is however a time to call crap, crap when you see it. That's all I'm saying.

But you could consider other views as alternative perspectives.
(It's more edifying & interesting than competing for a win.)
Sometimes there are opinions & values that are "not even wrong".
Of course not. I get all this. I run my fingers through it all day. But there is carrying that to an extreme which says truth is equal everywhere. It's not.

Some background....
We've had many posters here, including some staff, who believe
as you do, ie, that they have the "truth". All who oppose their truth
must not be tolerated.
You see, right there, you completely misread me. I certainly grok on all the postmodern perspective, to be sure. It's foundational to my way of thinking, which goes a step beyond that. I would place my thinking more into the Integral camp, or the post-postmodernist mode of thinking. "Everyone has a piece of the truth". But at the same time, some can be absolutely wrong, which rattles the extreme interpretation of relativism.

What does this intolerance mean? Typically in-your-face hostility.
If you mean to speak of my manner at time with certain subject matter, alright, guilty as charged. But don't mistake someone saying nonsense is nonsense with intolerance. When you listen to racist justifications for racism, for instance, you don't have to tolerate that. It's crap. It's not of equal value in the truth-realm with equal rights to all. Unless you can find some justification for that which carries actual merit, when looked at from a reasonable, not irrational perspective.

I don't see anything wrong with saying crap is crap, when it is deserved. Sure, I could sweeten the honey pot, since honey draws flies better than vinegar, and maybe that is a flaw. But truth is truth, no matter how it is served. You catch me in a good mood, I'll give honey. I'm not a saint yet.

Nova2216

Where do you live? Where'd you get this idea?

Like a fish in water, you're immersed in it -- but you don't perceive it.
Polls from the early '60s found most people were unaware of any discrimination then, too.

If you don't look for the evidence; if you don't want to see it, you're unlikely to perceive it.

My eyes my eyes!!!

I cannot SEE!!!

No wonder I can't find Puxatawney Biden, I can't see.

Biden said something about the logan act.

Where is he?

Nova2216

Where do you live? Where'd you get this idea?

Like a fish in water, you're immersed in it -- but you don't perceive it.
Polls from the early '60s found most people were unaware of any discrimination then, too.

If you don't look for the evidence; if you don't want to see it, you're unlikely to perceive it.

I live in a fish bowl. When I look out I see you.

Nova2216

You and Trump are more than welcome to believe that the lives of back people mean less than the lives of other people, but you're completely delusional if you think the majority of Americans agree with you.

Are you looking into a crystal ball or my head?

Nova2216

You and Trump are more than welcome to believe that the lives of back people mean less than the lives of other people, but you're completely delusional if you think the majority of Americans agree with you.

HEY!!!

Are you that young white lady I see slobbering and cussing at Police on TV each night?

I heard you get paid $25.00 an hour for that.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Actually, I can tell what your triggers are. You are the right-leaning side of postmodernism, and have an allergy to calling BS, BS when you see it. Does that mean I think there is only one version of truth, damnit? No, of course not. There is however a time to call crap, crap when you see it. That's all I'm saying.

Of course not. I get all this. I run my fingers through it all day. But there is carrying that to an extreme which says truth is equal everywhere. It's not.

You see, right there, you completely misread me. I certainly grok on all the postmodern perspective, to be sure. It's foundational to my way of thinking, which goes a step beyond that. I would place my thinking more into the Integral camp, or the post-postmodernist mode of thinking. "Everyone has a piece of the truth". But at the same time, some can be absolutely wrong, which rattles the extreme interpretation of relativism.

If you mean to speak of my manner at time with certain subject matter, alright, guilty as charged. But don't mistake someone saying nonsense is nonsense with intolerance. When you listen to racist justifications for racism, for instance, you don't have to tolerate that. It's crap. It's not of equal value in the truth-realm with equal rights to all. Unless you can find some justification for that which carries actual merit, when looked at from a reasonable, not irrational perspective.

I don't see anything wrong with saying crap is crap, when it is deserved. Sure, I could sweeten the honey pot, since honey draws flies better than vinegar, and maybe that is a flaw. But truth is truth, no matter how it is served. You catch me in a good mood, I'll give honey. I'm not a saint yet.
You lost me with "post-modernism".

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In any context other than art.
Something to look into. It's how truth is related to, post the modernist perspective. It's the set of eyes through which we see and understand reality, as opposed to the modernist perspective, or the pre-modernist perspective.