• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blessed are the conservative in Bible translation

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
CHARLESTON, W.Va. – The Gospel of Luke records that, as he was dying on the cross, Jesus showed his boundless mercy by praying for his killers this way: "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."

Not so fast, say contributors to the Conservative Bible Project.

The project, an online effort to create a Bible suitable for contemporary conservative sensibilities, claims Jesus' quote is a disputed addition abetted by liberal biblical scholars, even if it appears in some form in almost every translation of the Bible.

The project's authors argue that contemporary scholars have inserted liberal views and ahistorical passages into the Bible, turning Jesus into little more than a well-meaning social worker with a store of watered-down platitudes.

"Professors are the most liberal group of people in the world, and it's professors who are doing the popular modern translations of the Bible," said Andy Schlafly, founder of Conservapedia.com, the project's online home.
More here.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
That's the great thing about god. If what he says doesn't agree with you enough, you can just change it. After all, god must agree with all your views since you are right about everything.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Gotta love this line from the translation of Mathew...
But I tell you that any person who is angry with his
brother shall be liable for trial,and anyone who says
to his brother,“Airhead!” shall be liable to be brought
before the council,but whoever says,“Moron!” shall
be liable for the fire of hell.

Alceste

Vagabond

You're not serious...

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
That's the beauty of divine revelation via inerrant scripture. I know if I were an omnimax deity I'd express myself through a handful of semitic languages on one specific location on the planet. I know I'd also inspire my creation to record my holy Word in the most infallible, fullproof manner possible: oral traditions and the written word. There's no way humanity could screw that up.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
And I guess Conservatives do not like the connotations of 'wine'

Mathew 15:23 (KJV) And they gave him to drink wine mingled with myrrh: but he received it not.

Mathew 15:23 (Conservative Bible) They gave Him grape juice mixed with myrrh to drink,but He refused it.

A

angellous_evangellous

Here we go:

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]"No man puts a piece of new cloth onto an old garment. What is put in to fill the tear takes something from the old garment, and the hole is torn even wider.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]17[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Neither do men put freshly-squeezed grape juice into old skins; otherwise the skins break, the juice runs out, and the skins are ruined. Instead they put fresh juice into new skins, and both are preserved.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

******* retards

MSizer

MSizer

I'll bet the 9/11 martyrs sure had something to say about mistaken translations when they got to paradise and were given 72 grapes when they were expecting virgins.

A

angellous_evangellous

New heights of stupidity.

This kind of barbaric, intellectual scum is on the same level of public masturbation. He's just wanking himself in frount of everyone and calling it Scripture.

MSizer

MSizer
New heights of stupidity.

This kind of barbaric, intellectual scum is on the same level of public masturbation. He's just wanking himself in frount of everyone and calling it Scripture.

Yes, and I hope the religious moderates will not tolerate fundy nonsense, becuase that stuff worries me. Somehow I think fundies are more likely to take criticism (if at all of course) from fellow believers who are more level headed than from any non-believer, no matter how well intended the non-believer may be.

A

angellous_evangellous

Yes, and I hope the religious moderates will not tolerate fundy nonsense, becuase that stuff worries me. Somehow I think fundies are more likely to take criticism (if at all of course) from fellow believers who are more level headed than from any non-believer, no matter how well intended the non-believer may be.

All we get is jizz.

Check this out - the "new translation" is called for because he wants "powerful new conservative words" in the translation -

http://www.conservapedia.com/Essay:Best_New_Conservative_Terms

Among these words is "insightful."