• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blending left and right hand elements

EverChanging

In some articles on Luciferianism I come across the idea of blending right hand and left hand path elements. Do you do this? Which elements do you blend?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
An incredible amount of rituals, ceremonies and disciplines from RHP's are extremely useful to the Western LHP adherent, without following an of the RHP tenets either.

EverChanging

An incredible amount of rituals, ceremonies and disciplines from RHP's are extremely useful to the Western LHP adherent, without following an of the RHP tenets either.

I often find it difficult to find a clear cut dividing line between LHP and RHP. I do not currently identify as either.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I often find it difficult to find a clear cut dividing line between LHP and RHP. I do not currently identify as either.
Well you are either merging one's self into something greater e. g. God, Nature, the All, Absolute, etc. (RHP)
Or
The Western LHP is the conscious effort to realize one's higher Self and to bring this Self into one's mundane self as often as possible thus coming to know one's true Self while incarnate. And you are progressing that.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Yeah, I understand what you mean. I have absolutely no desire to "become one with the Tao/universe/all/whatever." Likewise, I also find the concept of "Higher Self" to be not very useful. I think they are both distractions away from the real evolutionary work.

Practice wise, I don't find worship (RHP) practice useful at all. Neither do I find ritualized heterodoxy conducive to my path either. Again, both are distractions away from the real work, imo.

Your mileage may vary.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Yeah, I understand what you mean. I have absolutely no desire to "become one with the Tao/universe/all/whatever." Likewise, I also find the concept of "Higher Self" to be not very useful. I think they are both distractions away from the real evolutionary work.

Practice wise, I don't find worship (RHP) practice useful at all. Neither do I find ritualized heterodoxy conducive to my path either. Again, both are distractions away from the real work, imo.

Your mileage may vary.
What's the 'real work'?

EverChanging

Well you are either merging one's self into something greater e. g. God, Nature, the All, Absolute, etc. (RHP)
Or
The Western LHP is the conscious effort to realize one's higher Self and to bring this Self into one's mundane self as often as possible thus coming to know one's true Self while incarnate. And you are progressing that.

These are the sorts of distinctions I find problematic. For example, Christianity is deemed a right hand path, but the goal of theosis is not merger with God, but divinization in an individualized state eternally distinct from God. And an atheistic person practicing Luciferianism may have no use for a higher self concept, especially if influenced by Buddhism.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
These are the sorts of distinctions I find problematic. For example, Christianity is deemed a right hand path, but the goal of theosis is not merger with God, but divinization in an individualized state eternally distinct from God. And an atheistic person practicing Luciferianism may have no use for a higher self concept, especially if influenced by Buddhism.
"Theosis or deification is a transformative process whose aim is likeness to or union with God, as taught by the Eastern Orthodox Church and Eastern Catholic Churches."

Luciferianism is a philosophy, there are theistic Luciferians, non-theistic, RHP Luciferians, and Western LHP ones.

The ideal of a higher Self and autotheism / apotheosis is found in the Western LHP whether Luciferian, Satanic, Setian, or Mercuræn

Evolution/development/"growing up." Liberation.
To which end the LHP serves masterfully. Not the bogus 'western' lhp which is simply new age ocultnikism, but the real deal.

Challenging all preconceptions though scrutiny and direct experience, as opposed to following prescriptive dogma or a set one size fits all approach.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
To which end the LHP serves masterfully. Not the bogus 'western' lhp which is simply new age ocultnikism, but the real deal.

Challenging all preconceptions though scrutiny and direct experience, as opposed to following prescriptive dogma or a set one size fits all approach.
As usual you are wrong, the LHP is really a RHP practice of Hinduism. The correct term is Western LHP, whether you can accept it or not dictates whether you remain in the ignorance of the past or you move forward.

As usual you are wrong, the LHP is really a RHP practice of Hinduism. The correct term is Western LHP, whether you can accept it or not dictates whether you remain in the ignorance of the past or you move forward.

So, the LHP, which is thousands of years old, and defined to mean a certain thing is actually the opposite thing that has also been defined for thousands of years because someone on the internet came along one day and decided he liked the sound of the term, and would thusly completely change the meaning.

As your thing...well..Michael Aquino thing..the rest of you are just swinging on his scrotum, is completely different than the actual lhp why you insist on misapropriating terminology is beyond me.

Luckily there are still people like me that know what words mean to keep you charlatans honest, or at least mitigate the effects of your dishonesty.

In other news chicken actually means fish because I say so.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
So, the LHP, which is thousands of years old, and defined to mean a certain thing is actually the opposite thing that has also been defined for thousands of years because someone on the internet came along one day and decided he liked the sound of the term, and would thusly completely change the meaning.

As your thing...well..Michael Aquino thing..the rest of you are just swinging on his scrotum, is completely different than the actual lhp why you insist on misapropriating terminology is beyond me.

Luckily there are still people like me that know what words mean to keep you charlatans honest, or at least mitigate the effects of your dishonesty.

In other news chicken actually means fish because I say so.
Then enlighten all of us and explain the goal of vamachara?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I'll help you out here,
Essentially, the LHP of the East differs from the Western ideal through its connection with something divine. Although the Eastern LHP clearly, if perhaps convoluted, separates one's essence from the Objective Universe / Absolute it however does this in order for the adherent to remain in the company of the Beloved, this is where East and West differ.

Vamachara follows the idea that all which exists is sacred, including things that are traditionally impure. All that exists becomes integrated, because all that exists for them is God / Absolute.

EverChanging

"Theosis or deification is a transformative process whose aim is likeness to or union with God, as taught by the Eastern Orthodox Church and Eastern Catholic Churches."

Luciferianism is a philosophy, there are theistic Luciferians, non-theistic, RHP Luciferians, and Western LHP ones.

The ideal of a higher Self and autotheism / apotheosis is found in the Western LHP whether Luciferian, Satanic, Setian, or Mercuræn

My point about theosis is that the union does not involve a loss of self in the merger. Individualism and eventually even an autonomous body remain intact and distinct from the Godhead eternally.

crossfire

Premium Member
Isn't that just being human? Liberation from?
Liberation from that which keeps you from evolving.

I could go through the logical reasoning as to why the concept of "Higher Self" is logically inconsistent and self-defeating, if you like. (It should probably be in a different thread, so as not to hijack this one.)

I'll help you out here,
Essentially, the LHP of the East differs from the Western ideal through its connection with something divine. Although the Eastern LHP clearly, if perhaps convoluted, separates one's essence from the Objective Universe / Absolute it however does this in order for the adherent to remain in the company of the Beloved, this is where East and West differ.

Vamachara follows the idea that all which exists is sacred, including things that are traditionally impure. All that exists becomes integrated, because all that exists for them is God / Absolute.
You are mistaking the form for the substance yet again. Or still. Or eternally.

It's a matter of how, not what. Either way what you are trying to pass off as 'western' lhp looks little to nothing like the form OR the substance. It's just some feel good gobeldygook.

crossfire

Premium Member

I could go through the logical reasoning as to why the concept of "Higher Self" is logically inconsistent and self-defeating, if you like. (It should probably be in a different thread, so as not to hijack this one.)
I started a thread in Same Faith Debates about whether the Concept of Higher Self can stand up to scrutiny or not.
Feel free to join in.

Left Hand Path Only: Can the Concept of Higher Self Hold up to Logical Scrutiny?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس

I would be most interested in hearing your discourse opposing a higher Self