• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blasphemy against God or prophet is fine, but this is not. We want revenge.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Jenrick fortunately took it in the light-hearted manner it was delivered, and not as an attack on institutional (or right-wing) values, although it came close to being offensive. The comments from some viewers would have been just as common in any popular right-wing media, and as such should be dismissed - just as many of the left-wing ones should be too.

Blasphemy is what some say it is? Why should any be dictated to, as to behaviour, by others' beliefs?

Samael_Khan

Goosebender

Because, in todays society, the social media mob, because of their idle minds, easily get offended over the most irrelevant of things. There are even a few people who get upset over someone using the words man and woman these days, so no surprise. But then maybe this is just human nature because in the 1950's people were cancelling superhero comic books so....

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

I don't understand how the thread title is related to the content of the post.
What, were embassies burned over this? Did people get killed? Did nationalists storm BBC studio's to gun down reporters?

No? Then what?
Some guys on the interwebs said they thought it was in bad taste / not funny / disgusting?
So? Aren't they allowed to do that?

I don't see a problem here.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I don't understand how the thread title is related to the content of the post.
^^^^^
This.

To put it into context... the tory party are putting a flag in the background at every opportunity (as in... minister interviewed in home kitchen...oh look giant flag next to microwave...). It's a blatant ploy to embed the allegiance of brexiteer nationalists as we march lockstep towards fascism. Munchetty dared to s****** at this and got slated by the gammons (apoplectic racists, for non-UK readers). A term has become popularised over all this emblem erection. It's called flag********.

Edit! Language nanny has blanked s n i g g e r
:rolleyes:

A Vestigial Mote

Why do you think this is?
Maybe it's easier not to care about someone else's prophet? You can bet that I don't. Holy crap do I ever not care. I mean... if I had to quantify the actual amount of care it would likely be akin to a black hole of not caring that sucks even the cares of others into it, never to escape. At least, that's what I'd hope for at any rate.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Because, in todays society, the social media mob, because of their idle minds, easily get offended over the most irrelevant of things. There are even a few people who get upset over someone using the words man and woman these days, so no surprise. But then maybe this is just human nature because in the 1950's people were cancelling superhero comic books so....

I am of the perception that most of these people who get so affected by some persons blasphemy should grow up a bit. I dont wish to be nasty, and if I am you could tell me.

The same way people also should have a bit of empathy towards others. They should think, if some britishers could get so offended when someone makes a bit of satirical remarks about a flag or something, other people also may have some symbols that they maybe sensitive about.

If this is human nature, it is human nature. And one human must realise that the other is also human.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Maybe it's easier not to care about someone else's prophet? You can bet that I don't. Holy crap do I ever not care. I mean... if I had to quantify the actual amount of care it would likely be akin to a black hole of not caring that sucks even the cares of others into it, never to escape. At least, that's what I'd hope for at any rate.

I have no comments about anyone not caring about anyone else's prophet or God, but one could care about the other person, though the other person could be childish.

danieldemol

Premium Member

firedragon

Veteran Member
Who is the "we" that wants revenge? A bunch of childish right wing nuts?

In my opinion the behaviour of those calling for revenge (ie the sacking of the hosts) is wrong, albeit not to as bad of a degree as those who kill people and burn buildings over perceived blasphemy.

I know that nothing compares to Muslims. They are the worst kind. Im sure you love that.

But this thread is not "lets spread Muslim hatred" or "who is worse".

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
^^^^^
This.

To put it into context... the tory party are putting a flag in the background at every opportunity (as in... minister interviewed in home kitchen...oh look giant flag next to microwave...). It's a blatant ploy to embed the allegiance of brexiteer nationalists as we march lockstep towards fascism. Munchetty dared to s****** at this and got slated by the gammons (apoplectic racists, for non-UK readers). A term has become popularised over all this emblem erection. It's called flag********.

Edit! Language nanny has blanked s n i g g e r
:rolleyes:

A Flying Flag?
Alarm!!!! Alarm!!!!
Nationalism alert!!!!

Please........ :p

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I am of the perception that most of these people who get so affected by some persons blasphemy should grow up a bit. I dont wish to be nasty, and if I am you could tell me.

The same way people also should have a bit of empathy towards others. They should think, if some britishers could get so offended when someone makes a bit of satirical remarks about a flag or something, other people also may have some symbols that they maybe sensitive about.

If this is human nature, it is human nature. And one human must realise that the other is also human.

BBC News presenters are not supposed to belittle or make fun of guests on their programme. So it's about manners......