• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blasphemy ‘is no crime’, says Macron amid French girl’s anti-Islam row

Cooky

Veteran Member
@danieldemol, I don't understand why you're acting confused about what I'm saying when I'm following exactly your train of thought, that you layed out.

...It's very puzzling. Perhaps you're here to maintain relationships rather than come to conclusions and learn?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
No, but immigrants to every Western country could be required to uphold the constitution, as @Saint Frankenstein was saying...

Why wouldn't people want that for our neigjbors,who share much in common with us and are our friends?

...Why not.?
Okay, now here I agree. I require everyone who enters my country to obey the laws. But what @sun rise was talking about was what was happening in other places -- and also when American Christians wish to impose religious their religious notions on others, through the law. This is -- as I'm sure you must know -- in contradiction of the First Amendment.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Okay, now here I agree. I require everyone who enters my country to obey the laws. But what @sun rise was talking about was what was happening in other places -- and also when American Christians wish to impose religious their religious notions on others, through the law. This is -- as I'm sure you must know -- in contradiction of the First Amendment.

@danieldemol was worried about France. I was following him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cooky

Veteran Member
I guess it was a misunderstanding on my part. I thought @sun rise meant he has no problem with fanatics entering countries.

My mistake, everyone. I'm sorry.

shmogie

‘Emmanuel Macron has waded into a row over a schoolgirl whose attack on Islam has divided France, insisting that blasphemy is “no crime”.

The French president defended the teenager, named only as Mila, who received death threats and was forced out of her school after filming an anti-religious diatribe on social media.

Macron’s intervention comes after his justice minister, Nicole Belloubet, was criticised for claiming Mila’s attack on religion was “an attack on freedom of conscience” while saying the death threats were “unacceptable”.’

Read more here: Blasphemy 'is no crime', says Macron amid French girl's anti-Islam row
Free speech. is free speech.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
...Because arousal is the only human emotion that exists outside of logic that I can think of... .
nay....accordingly the Britannica....

humor is the emotion considered ….irrational

but there is nothing funny about killing people that wont bow to your god

Cooky

Veteran Member
nay....accordingly the Britannica....

humor is the emotion considered ….irrational

but there is nothing funny about killing people that wont bow to your god

You think sexual fetishes are logical..? o_O

...I think Britannica is wrong.

Wandering Monk

Why should blasphemy be a crime in a culturally mixed democratic society? Wouldn't that be taking sides by the government when it comes to religion?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Here people are free to be outspoken and sometimes vulgar to diss the Vatican, since this Pope has gone "political "...

So I do not understand why there should be double standards.

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member
‘Emmanuel Macron has waded into a row over a schoolgirl whose attack on Islam has divided France, insisting that blasphemy is “no crime”.

The French president defended the teenager, named only as Mila, who received death threats and was forced out of her school after filming an anti-religious diatribe on social media.

Macron’s intervention comes after his justice minister, Nicole Belloubet, was criticised for claiming Mila’s attack on religion was “an attack on freedom of conscience” while saying the death threats were “unacceptable”.’

Read more here: Blasphemy 'is no crime', says Macron amid French girl's anti-Islam row
Macron is spot on, blasphemy is not a crime.