• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blacks and liberals are arming

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I heard somewhere that Spike Lee was saying that he predicts that America is heading for a second American Civil War. I bet it will be a minority of people fighting on the far-right vs the far-left and the majority of Americans, who are inbetween, will be caught in the cross fire.

I just don't understand why people just don't go to war in Call of Duty rather than in real life. :facepalm:
Part of the reason is that Americans play too many games like Call of Duty and then believe it's reality.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
There won't be a civil war. These gun nut militia types like to posture with their guns, fatigues, and tacticool gear - akin to cosplay and LARPing - but if any bullets actually started flying the vast majority would **** their pants in terror.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
There won't be a civil war. These gun nut militia types like to posture with their guns, fatigues, and tacticool gear - akin to cosplay and LARPing - but if any bullets actually started flying the vast majority would **** their pants in terror.

Maybe.
But there are a core within some of these groups that have formal training, be it military or law enforcement. And if the shooting starts, having a whole lot of guys loosely organised, and well armed is more likely an escalation point than a de-escalation point.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If anyone is surprised at this this reaction to terrorist traitor extremist right wing militias and out of control cops, they're not paying attention.

An all-Black group is arming itself and demanding change. They are the NFAC

Among the crowd was a group of armed Black men and women who call themselves the "Not ****ing Around Coalition" or NFAC.
"In one sense it (NFAC) echoes the Black Panthers but they are more heavily armed and more disciplined... So far, they've coordinated with police and avoided engaging with violence," he said.
201020221728-03-nfac-black-armed-group-super-169.jpg

They’re Afraid. They’re Buying Guns. But They’re Not Voting for Trump.

Under Texas law, Cargill said, “you can use deadly force to stop them.” If you don't know they’re law enforcement and they don’t identify themselves, it's justified. “Unmarked vehicle and plainclothes is suicide,” he told me later.
2nd amendment rights. Its fine to play militia and shoot targets and climb over jungle gyms pretending they are Rambo or sumthin along those lines.

Turn to actual insurrection however, tends to get a person shot dead pretty quick.

Twilight Hue

I purchase a rifle after my discharge from the military. I took it to a firing range once; otherwise it was left in the closet gathering dust. I finally sold it to a friend at work whose husband was a collector. If I were to buy one now, it would be a shot gun for home defense.
Lol my shotgun shells are turning color! Heh.

I hadn't shot a weapon since leaving the military other than handling a few during an airshow at the base near my hometown.

Twilight Hue

Well they wouldn't last long without command control , communication, and logistics anyways.

I'd start to worry if they can afford to hire Vinnell or Blackwater personnel.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Maybe.
But there are a core within some of these groups that have formal training, be it military or law enforcement. And if the shooting starts, having a whole lot of guys loosely organised, and well armed is more likely an escalation point than a de-escalation point.
The handful of trained and experienced ones would probably operate more like a terror cell than a marching army, targeting high value people and places rather than random libs.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
The handful of trained and experienced ones would probably operate more like a terror cell than a marching army, targeting high value people and places rather than random libs.

Probably. But not necessarily, and even if the trained and experienced ones did, I'm not sure that the untrained and armed idiots wouldn't escalate things to random violence levels.
I've mentioned here before that I've spent way too much time studying the IRA. Both they and the Loyalist paramilitaries might give pause around all this.

Google the Shankill Butchers, for example. They had some levels of training and preparation, but targeted random soft targets as a way to send a message. They were terrorists, in simple terms.

Meh...anyway...I digress.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Probably. But not necessarily, and even if the trained and experienced ones did, I'm not sure that the untrained and armed idiots wouldn't escalate things to random violence levels.
I've mentioned here before that I've spent way too much time studying the IRA. Both they and the Loyalist paramilitaries might give pause around all this.

Google the Shankill Butchers, for example. They had some levels of training and preparation, but targeted random soft targets as a way to send a message. They were terrorists, in simple terms.

Meh...anyway...I digress.

True, but I still wouldn't call it a civil war in the traditional sense.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
True, but I still wouldn't call it a civil war in the traditional sense.

Nah, I agree. I don't really foresee a civil war, to be honest.
I'm hoping there is no violence, but am quite a bit less hopeful about that. I just hope that whatever violence there is can be quickly contained and doesn't unduly impact innocent parties in particular.

(To be clear, violence from EITHER side of the fence, regardless of whether I understand some frustrations better than others)

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It kind of seems like this group is more the right wing side rather than the left.. what proof is there that they are on the left

At some point 'right' and 'left' become more problematic as labels than useful.
They are black militants, and perhaps even separatists.
They've actively marched in support of statue removals, for example, and also made comments about wanting to establish a separate black nation, either on US land or elsewhere.

Right, left, or sideways, they have a pretty clear agenda, and appear surprisingly well organized and disciplined compared to the majority of these sort of 'organisations'.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Part of the reason is that Americans play too many games like Call of Duty and then believe it's reality.

I chuckled and nodded at this. But it's not just Americans who do this (play violent video games a lot). I've linked to an article below which I think is highly dubious research, so don't jump on me. I think they are ignoring socio-economics entirely, and driving to an answer they like. But...it does paint a picture. Japan has much more violent video game play than the US, for example, and Australia is ALMOST comparable.

So whilst I would agree that there are some cultural factors at play, and some level of 'tacticool' (as @Father Heathen would say...lol), I'm not convinced that video games in and of themselves move the needle at all.

Countries that play more violent video games are safer | Daily Mail Online

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I chuckled and nodded at this. But it's not just Americans who do this (play violent video games a lot). I've linked to an article below which I think is highly dubious research, so don't jump on me. I think they are ignoring socio-economics entirely, and driving to an answer they like. But...it does paint a picture. Japan has much more violent video game play than the US, for example, and Australia is ALMOST comparable.

So whilst I would agree that there are some cultural factors at play, and some level of 'tacticool' (as @Father Heathen would say...lol), I'm not convinced that video games in and of themselves move the needle at all.

Countries that play more violent video games are safer | Daily Mail Online
I was being sarcastic. Most of the games I enjoy are extremely graphic, gory and violent (I'm playing the Resident Evil 2 remake now and that's one of the goriest games I've ever seen and I've played most of the well-known ones). I do think a lot of people can't tell fantasy from reality, though. I also think culture has an impact. But I do know that many mass shooters have been obsessed with violent games and there's some unhinged types in the military who basically treat it like a video game. I think this is mostly an American problem, though, due to the cultural differences.

Last edited: