• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black sun?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Well....hmmm. Light is visible opposite the direction that the photons go, but at 90 degrees from any light ray it looks dark. If there were a sun whose light rays always stayed 90 degrees from observers then it would be perfectly black. A black hole comes close but is not the same. Its possible that there could be a sun which for unknown reasons shines its light in directions that we cannot detect. That would be a black sun.

Think of how you feel when you are having a rotten day. Suppose you have no money and are in debt, and you are standing in a beautiful marketplace full of happy people buying things, children playing video games and where the air smells like baking bread. The sun is shining on the people around you, but for you it is black.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Well, during a full solar eclipse the sun does appear pitch black.... for a wee time.

David T

Premium Member
Black sunshine, sure, but no actual black sun.
According to the scientific research group sound garden, its actually a black hole sun for accuracy. As such it's there to wash away the rain primarily. I could go on but you can look up their research paper on it. Here is a link to conference, where they first present their research. They win the Nobel prize for it in their research field, like the fields in mathematics. Same thing.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
According to the scientific research group sound garden, its actually a black hole sun for accuracy. As such it's there to wash away the rain primarily. I could go on but you can look up their research paper on it. Here is a link to conference, where they first present their research. They win the Nobel prize for it in their research field, like the fields in mathematics. Same thing.

Though I initially references White Zombie, that song went through my head when I clicked on the alert link thingy.:D

David T

Premium Member
Though I initially references White Zombie, that song went through my head when I clicked on the alert link thingy.:D
Well I think they started in the same research field called punkology. I mean aren't they really both punkologists? Yea I mean they have specific research fields but I find they are similar as well as some cross over there.

LionLooking

Do you believe that there is a black sun?

physically?

What is her purpose?
There are countless black suns in the universe - collapsed stars, otherwise known as black holes.
Their purpose? - They usually form the nuclei of galaxies (stars rotate around them, as planets rotate around stars). They also 'swallow up' stars so perhaps their purpose is to bring about an end to the universe? I don't know.

From a myth/folklore point of view, I can only comment on the Germanic black sun symbol.
This was a precursor to the Nazi swastika but was quite benign in itself.
It was a representation of the Sun with 12 spokes attached, believed to represent the Sun's passage through the 12 months off the year,

Electra

"But astronomers also know that much larger, supermassive black holes lie at the heart of large galaxies including the Milky Way"

The eye of the storm is the Void.

Massive black hole is the heart of our Milky Way
a-massive-black-hole-has-been-found-at-the-heart-of-the-milky-way-136420975400403901-170905102018.jpg

Last edited: