• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Panther and Simpsons are Racist TV?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The intro says it all: White-*** Dr. Jonathan Chase has the "brightest of futures" but the "darkest of pasts" because he went to the savage lands of Africa and Tibet, where the line between man and beast is non-existent, and now he helps police fight crime by turning into a black panther. Not Huey P. Newton-approved...

...Since The Simpsons has hundreds of characters, some of them are gonna be racist. Including, but not limited to: Groundskeeper Willie (angry Scotsman), Bumblebee Man (clumsy Hispanic), Dr. Hibert (all black doctors gotta sound like Cliff Huxtable?), Krusty (self-loathing Jewish comedian), Cooki Kwan (are all Asians this competitive?), Luigi (is his brother's name Mario?), Fat Tony (all Italians are mobsters, huh?), and Cletus (white people have feelings too!). But none of them top Apu Nahasapeemathisis****ingracistpetilon. Like come on, the guy works 72-hour shifts at the Kwik-E-Mart. Dude, we know plenty of lazy-*** Indians.

Along with 48 other TV shows seen as racist.
The 50 Most Racist TV Shows of All Time

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The intro says it all: White-*** Dr. Jonathan Chase has the "brightest of futures" but the "darkest of pasts" because he went to the savage lands of Africa and Tibet, where the line between man and beast is non-existent, and now he helps police fight crime by turning into a black panther. Not Huey P. Newton-approved...

...Since The Simpsons has hundreds of characters, some of them are gonna be racist. Including, but not limited to: Groundskeeper Willie (angry Scotsman), Bumblebee Man (clumsy Hispanic), Dr. Hibert (all black doctors gotta sound like Cliff Huxtable?), Krusty (self-loathing Jewish comedian), Cooki Kwan (are all Asians this competitive?), Luigi (is his brother's name Mario?), Fat Tony (all Italians are mobsters, huh?), and Cletus (white people have feelings too!). But none of them top Apu Nahasapeemathisis****ingracistpetilon. Like come on, the guy works 72-hour shifts at the Kwik-E-Mart. Dude, we know plenty of lazy-*** Indians.

I like the idea, but the link's choices & rankings were disappointing.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
This woman was far more attractive when she was white in my opinion
thumb_yxurbc0ihyz9lux5ada50a8af2cd.jpg

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

Lol wut?

Groundskeeper Willie is awesome.
Bumblebee Man is clearly only clumsy when in character and is in actuality very well spoken and intelligent.
Hibbert is a parody so of course he has to mimic the characteristics of Huxtable. There’s an entire episode dedicated to Krusty accepting and being proud of his Jewish heritage. Didn’t the self loathing come from his strained relationship with his father anyway?
As an Asian I can say yes they are all that competitive. Though having Mrs Beauregard type in the show would be amazing.
Isn’t Luigi like a common name anyway?
Fat Tony is actually not an intimidating monster type. He tends to be friendly despite a few lite criminal dealings here and there.
And did this guy just imply that showing a workaholic Indian implies that the stereotype is that Indians are lazy?

Granted I haven’t seen “new” Simpsons. But this reads like a super shallow reading of surface level stuff on Simpson’s. If you want to analyse something the least one could do is actually analyse it. Have these people never heard of parody or something?
I’d give this analysis a D minus honestly.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
As usual...I've never seen anyone complain about Fat Tony or Italian stereotypes in all American movies\shows, here....

Americans are obsessed with this racism-PC things

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
As usual...I've never seen anyone complain about Fat Tony or Italian stereotypes in all American movies\shows, here....

Americans are obsessed with this racism-PC things
Fat Tony is actually a good example of subverting expectations, thus reminding the viewer not to be so superficial. (Again can’t speak for new Simpsons.)
The comedy is predicated on the viewer simply assuming he’s a mobster stereotype. That’s the entire point of the joke!
I certainly hope this article is simply trolling because I can’t even.