• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BK: Message For The Day

Tabu

Message for the day 08-12-2016
-----------------------------------------

To be committed towards one's own progress is also to help others to move forward.

Expression:The one who is committed towards his own self-progress, is free from criticizing others. He is able to realise his own mistakes and use the opportunity for self-improvement. This naturally inspires others to bring about a change in themselves for their betterment.

Experience: Since I am committed to my own self-progress, I am able to become stronger and stronger with each passing situation. I find that I become a source of inspiration for those around, as I continue to learn from all that happens. I don't put people down for their mistakes, but am able to give them the help to be better.

In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

Tabu

Message for the day 09-12-2016

Honesty brings success in relationships.

Expression:Honesty means being the same inside out. Honesty with oneself helps one to bring about constant improvement in the self. Honesty with others enables one to relate positively under all circumstances. There is no rudeness but there is an openness that brings about love towards the other person.

Experience: When I am honest, I am able to experience progress in my own life and others are benefitted too with my own self-progress. I am able to maintain harmony in my relationship with others because I am open with them and I find myself successful in my relationships.

In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

Tabu

Message for the day

To make the internal stage powerful is to be protected.

Thought to Ponder: Situations and challenges will continue to challenge me, but when I am strong from within I am able to withstand and move forward with every challenge. I need to work on making myself stronger at each step. When I have weaknesses, even a small little challenge will make me weak and vulnerable. I will, then, not have the strength to move forward.

Point to Practice: Today I will strengthen myself. Strength comes from faith. When I believe that I am strong, I am. So, today I will practice a simple thought like "Victory is my birthright" or "I have the power to transform" or "God is my companion at every step". Such thoughts silently build strength into me.

In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

--------------------------------------
Soul Sustenance

How Often And Why Do I Need To Meditate (Part 1)?

As with anything else, the more we practice meditation, the more we feel the benefit of what we are doing. We do need to practice meditation regularly because the habits of:

i. identifying with our physical form,

ii. succumbing to mental and emotional negativity (in the form of waste and negative thoughts) along with negativity in words and actions,

iii. becoming attached to the physical as well as the non-physical, and

iv. being dependent upon the experience of physical stimulation of any sort (from e.g. food, movies, people, sports etc.) for happiness are extremely deep.

These habits have deepened over a period of many many births, because of repeating them regularly, due to a lack of spiritual awareness. As a result, in the present moment also we regularly and quite easily slip into these four habits.
So meditation is not only sitting in a quiet corner, and connecting with the self and the Supreme, at a couple of fixed times during the day, but it is also the way to gently remember and remind ourselves, many times in a day, that we as well as others, are souls or spiritual beings not physical beings, by detaching ourselves from actions and also while being involved in actions. These reminders given to the self over a period of time become natural and prevent us from succumbing to these four habits. Given below is a basic meditation, which you could use to remind yourself regularly during the day:

I have a body but this body is not me…
I have thoughts but these thoughts are not me …
I have feelings but these feelings are not me …
I have attitudes but these attitudes are not me …
I have emotions but these emotions are not me …
I have beliefs but these beliefs are not me …
I perform many actions through my sense organs, but these sense organs are not me…
I play many roles but I am not my roles…
I experience joy or sorrow through my sense organs, but these experiences are not me …
I am a soul – a being of energy, which is neither created nor can be destroyed, and my original and true nature is one of peace, love, joy , power, happiness , contentment, knowledge

Tabu

Tips for Happy Living

How to Nurture Self- Esteem
To have genuine self-esteem: having the knowledge, awareness and appreciation of my uniqueness, beauty, and value. Some tips to nurture slef-esteem:
  • Know your real nature. Know, respect and love yourself.
  • I am originally and innately good
  • Love, peace, happiness, purity and truth are my original virtues
  • Remember: Past is past
  • Never mind whatever history you have or dark secrets you keep, always remember your original nature
  • Be honest
  • Don't hang on to your false identities.
  • Don't hide your weaknesses.
  • Don't attach yourself to anything that is temporary in the world. (e.g. possessions, prestige, people)
  • Don't compare yourself with anyone.
  • Each one has a unique role to play in this drama of life.
  • Love begets love. Respect begets respect.
  • All good actions return to me
  • In a state of love, only love comes back to me.
Remember,
You are the creator of your own thoughts!
It is always our choice: whether we get on with our lives & live in the now, or whether we chain ourselves to the grudges & guilt of the past.
Tips to keep healthy mind and body
  • Do everything in moderation.
  • Have a healthy and balance lifestyle.
  • Be a cheerful giver. Share blessings and receive more blessings.
  • Devote personal time for self care. (meditate)
  • Think positive. React positively.
  • Nurture and cultivate productive relationships as they serve as buffers in times of need.
  • Past is past. Take the learnings and not the sorrow.
  • Check and change.
Tips to overcome anger
  • Reappraise- Become aware of what triggers your anger
  • Relax- Breathing,positive self talk… “relax take it easy”
  • Respond Assertively- Don’t suppress but express in a non aggressive ways
  • Communicate Better- Listen carefully and take your time before answering; don’t blame
  • Change Your Environment- Take a break, go for a walk
  • Use Humor- Learn how to laugh at yourself and see humor in situations
  • Relinquish Your Anger- Most difficult of all… Let it go
  • Interrupt the cycle of negativity
  • Reframe your memories; perspective
  • Reconsider how you feel about past events…learn
  • Insert new information and new thoughts into your consciousness during the time that it is receptive.
  • Value yourself from inside out, not outside in.
To use one value with commitment is to guarantee the use of all values.

Expression:Values are related to each other as if they were members of a great family. For the one who is committed to one value is the one who is able to emerge the other connected values. Such a person is able to add quality to everything he does and speaks.

Experience: When I am able to recognise my own special value and use it with commitment in my daily life, I am able to experience success in all I do. This is because I have the satisfaction of giving my best and of having added quality to everything I do.

In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

Tabu

The power of good wishes enables disheartened ones to experience happiness.

Expression: The usual reaction to the negativity in another person is to behave negatively too, i.e., to express negative qualities. This continues although this does not bring about the desired change in the other person. On the other hand, when there is the ability to see the positive qualities in the other person and have good wishes based on that it becomes a source of power to bring about a change to positivity.

Experience: When I have the ability to give positive feelings and good wishes to the other person even when they are negative, they are able to get the power to change the negative to positive. I find that the change that I seek for in others is much more quicker and easier than if there is the emphasis just on negativity.

In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

Tabu

Soul Sustenance

Practical Positive Response Training To The Mind

If I believe that I am just the physical body and that my thoughts are simply results of chemical and electrical processes in the brain, and not something I can consciously control, I let go off the key of taking charge of what is going on inside my mind. In meditation, my intellect recognizes and realizes that my thoughts are my own creation, of me the soul and not the body ,and that, I, the soul, using the intellect, which is also a part of the soul *, can make choices about them.

When I realize that my natural state is to be the master of my mind and not to be dictated by it or dictated by the brain, I start taking charge of what is going on inside. When I practice being a master of my mind repeatedly by practicing meditation regularly, the new habit of creating only positive thoughts settles inside me and my habit of responding negatively with a negative state of mind to negative situations, begins to change over a period of time. I start responding positively even to negative situations. So, meditation is a major transformation process of the habit of thinking negatively, which then has positive results on my personality and behavior.

Tabu

To be free from guilt means to ensure quick and easy progress.

Thought to Ponder: Blaming oneself for all that happens and taking the mind to extreme levels of guilt takes one to a sense of unworthiness. Such a person loses the strength and is unable to look for solutions in difficult situations. Hence there is nothing new that can be thought of, and the situation doesn't get any better.

Point to Practice: When I continue to blame myself, I believe that I deserver neither happiness nor love and that the sorrow that I am experiencing is a deserved punishment. So I lose all enthusiasm to improve the situation and have no awareness of the treasures that I have.
Once I bring into awareness that I am inherently good and try to emerge the goodness within me , I am able to bring about positive changes and make positive impact and thus move away from guilt.

Tabu

The Power To Transform Situations (Part 1)

Very often while going through our life journey, we come across different types of surprising scenes which leave permanent scars on our memories and are difficult to erase even after many many years have passed. What makes these different types of negative episodes so difficult to overcome and why do they have so much power in them that they can influence our consciousness so much that life is not the same again, after they have passed? What makes forgetting negative scenes so demanding for many and not so much for others? Why is it that the power to face a negative situation is less in some and much more in some others?

Take an example of an accident. Sometimes suddenly in a plane crash, a few hundred people lose their lives and leave behind a few thousand people who are close to them, either friends or relatives in sorrow. But, some are able to overcome their sorrow after a few days, some take months and some years. So, it’s a completely different set of responses. Each person has their own response, based on different factors. We all experience different situations almost every day. Life is not without twists and turns and as time passes, relationships become more and more complex, natures of people around you also become more and more different from yours, work at the workplace becomes more and more challenging and competitive and also many different physical and mental illnesses are on the rise. These are some of the common spheres of life where almost everyone in the world is facing problems. Even the human mind today is not as simple and content as it was around 50 years back. Weaknesses like lust, anger, greed, attachment, ego, jealousy, hatred and low self-esteem have made people extremely complex which further increase the magnitude of the problems in their life. So how do we face them with ease?
The Power To Transform Situations (Part 2)

We all look to the world and its different situations with a positive attitude and no one wants to be negative in their approach in facing them. Yet when they come we are not able to transform them with ease and at times situations can be so powerful that many days can be spent in finding ways in overcoming them and life can become a struggle for many. Such a life in which you are not at peace in the presence of a negative situation is not something you like but at the same time, it is something which is not in the control of many of us. What that means is that a mind without positivity is difficult to remain calm and that means feeling a lack of power and also a lack of joy and contentment. Such a mind is not able to solve the problem that is in front and instead will be confused and will fear the situation.

A beautiful way of keeping the mind positive in a negative situation is to keep a powerful thought diary with you. What that means is create one positive thought statement each day and note it down in your mind and keep that positive statement in your mind the whole day. Let it touch your sub-conscious mind so deeply that its effect travels in the form of positive energy outwards to the situation and is able to change it in a short period of time. Do you know that if you spend a complete day in one particular powerful thought of success, repeating it in your mind many times, you will not only be free of negativity, but also have the authority to erase the negative situation completely from your life? Such a thought gives rise to positive feelings and then slowly our attitude towards the situation becomes completely positive resulting in a positive destiny or situation in return. Try doing this the next time you face a negative situation and you will realize how it works.

Tabu

Soul Sustenance

Awakening The Positivity Within (Part 1)

Positivity is our nature which we sometimes lose in our busy lifestyles. It is like the necklace which is around our neck, but we don’t realize that and we search for it all around. When we start the day, we need to fill our minds with positive points of information from a positive source. These points strengthen our mind and protect it from the negatives which surround us. Very often like the necklace, positivity is lost temporarily and is very easy to find, but the negative influence does not let me think of the ways of becoming positive and regaining it.

There was once a rich trader who always found a reason to become upset because of the smallest of reasons during the day. Every morning he would decide to remain positive during the day and would promise himself that he would not let his mind be influenced by any difficult problem he faced. But, as soon as he used to start his trade or business, because of the complicated nature of his work, he would fall prey to one or the other problem. These problems would be either from the work itself. Or problems would arise through the money he handled, or from his work associates or sometimes due to a problem created by his own mind. A mind that easily succumbs to difficulties can be compared to a home where a little problem in the form of a little mouse enters and brings disturbances in the whole house. When the house owner manages to get rid of the mouse and thinks everything is okay, a cat enters and adds her side of troubles and has the house owner go busy in trying to get it out of his premises. The cat is then followed by the dog’s entry and the whole day the house owner spends in this way. The moral of the story is - the one who remains disturbed attracts disturbances, which he keeps trying to send away. This process or mindset of trying to keep problems away and becoming over-involved in doing that, in turn attracts more problems. So, remain calm when the first problem of the day comes and don’t become over-involved or confused in trying to keep it away. This is the primary step to keeping problems away for the whole day. Calmness attracts a problem free environment around me and also keeps me content, powerful and peaceful.

Tabu

Sunday, January 29, 2017
Soul Sustenance & Message for the day 29-01-2017

Soul Sustenance 29-01-2017

Providing Emotional Support To Your Loved Ones

What do we do when friends and loved ones come to us for, and expect emotional support from us? Spirituality teaches us the right technique of providing emotional support – the technique of detached involvement, which is the technique of not being overawed, of not being affected ourselves by the emotions of others.
If a friend, colleague or any loved one is upset and we also get upset (because we love them – that’s what we normally say), we cannot provide them the necessary support or the assistance to see why they are reacting emotionally and how they might change the nature of their emotions by themselves. True love for someone would mean that I am able to provide them that. While being concerned is fine, but by becoming upset, seeing them upset simply aggravates the situation and adds fuel to their fire.

By remaining detached, we can be more effective in our ability to care, listen and help them think clearly about the situation, they find themselves in. Only if we are stable, and that can happen only when we are detached, will we be able to provide them stability. We can encourage and empower them to change their negative reaction to a more positive response, and thereby generate a healthier energy. If we become over-involved in someone else's problems, there is a risk that our own judgment will be affected negatively. This is why making decisions and choices under the influence of your own and others' emotions is normally ineffective.

Message for the day 29-01-2017

To be powerful is to destroy unwanted habits.

Expression:To be powerful means to be aware of one's own hidden powers and to use these powers in destroying old unwanted habits. It is to apply a powerful brake to the thoughts in a second, so that there is the ability to master the situation. Such a person does not fall prey to the situation but makes effort to become a destroyer of the weakness in a second.

Experience: When I am able to use my inner powers I am able to apply a brake to my thoughts in a second. I am able to finish old unwanted habits and be free from the burden of having to be with negativity. So I am able to be a master who is well equipped to face all situations in life. And I am able to be successful both in relationships and in my work.

In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

Tabu

Dealing with Conflict

doclib.jpg

Manda Patel

We live in a world where conflict is now the norm. Why is that?

I think that we’ve lost our inner strength and the ability to exercise what we understand to be right and true. We know that fighting doesn’t get us anywhere and quarrelling doesn’t get us what we want - it just creates a lot of negative energy - but we just can’t help ourselves. What we need to do is develop our own internal strength, recognise our own value, recognise the value of other people and accept and understand the diversity in our world.

Is there a connection between inner conflict and conflict with others?

Everything begins with ourselves. If I’m fighting with other people, I’m battling with something inside myself. Perhaps I’m not able to put into practice something I believe in or am having to compromise my values. This battling makes me lose my inner strength and value. When I’m unhappy with myself, it comes out in my interaction with others. When a group of people are unhappy, it comes out on a bigger scale. The more understanding and peaceful we become, the more accepting and loving we become, and we reflect that in our relationships.

To stay quiet and withdraw in a situation of conflict might be seen as weakness. Can spirituality be a strength?

We cannot gain internal strength without spirituality. By spirituality I mean to recognise that I am more than just this physical appearance. My strength lies in my awareness of myself as a spiritual being – a living, thinking being, the essence of peace, of love and happiness. The more I experience this, the more I experience strength inside myself. To be quiet doesn’t mean to run away; it means to evaluate my thoughts and feelings before I express them.

What if you know you’re right? How do you achieve what you want whilst keeping your spiritual awareness?

The main thing is patience. This is something I’ve really had to work on. I might be right but I have to wait for that moment when everybody else agrees. That way I also let people learn their own lessons. Maybe from where I am it’s possible to see quickly how things will happen, but others have to get to that place before they can see it. I have to learn to accept that what is right will eventually become apparentt and exercise my own patience.

We may recognise the need to change but how do we do it?

We eat to survive but if I want to survive mentally in a happy state, I have to feed myself with silence, positive thoughts, the qualities that I have inside me. I have to be conscious of these every day, as many times as I can, and so build up my inner strength.

Tabu

Thoughts have great power, they are like seeds you plant in your mind.
The more you hold onto a particular thought, the more power you invest in it. Positive thoughts give us energy and strength. Negative thoughts rob us of power and make us feel tired and strained.

We are by nature positive. Negativity is the result of faulty thinking. You can change if you want to. You can’t control other people, situation or circumstances, but you can control what is going on inside you. It takes time to change and transform those old patterns of thinking.

Be patient with yourself. It starts with a thought…..

Tabu

Message for the day
---------------------------

To be a trustee of God is to use all treasures well.

Thought to Ponder: When I understand that all that is mine is truly God's, I can use all that I have sensibly. I would not want to waste anything that I have - not my money, resources, thoughts or words and actions. I would use all that I have sensibly as an instrument of God. I would also be detached, whilst performing actions.

Point to Practice: Today I will take up one resource I have, for example, the resource of intellect. I will remind myself throughout the day that I am a trustee and God has granted me intellect so that I use it for the good of myself or others. When I practice this, I will not allow negative or waste thoughts to enter my intellect. I will allow only those thoughts that are useful.
Similarly, on each other day I can keep a check on all my other resources and use them for the benefit of myself and others.
In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

Tabu

To be free from ego is to ensure life long learning.

Thought to Ponder: When someone corrects me, or when something happens that reflects my mistake, I tend to get defensive. This actually is a form of ego, which deprives me of learning. At least to myself, I need to be honest and see what I can learn from it. This helps me enrich myself and progress constantly.

Point to Practice: Today I will think of one incident where things went wrong. I will then see what I learnt from it. Even if 99% of it is another person's mistake, I will not think of that right now, but will focus only on what I can learn from it. I will repeat this exercise for any other incidents that happen today.

Tabu

Ever Constant
Nothing around us is constant. The stock markets go up and down; natural resources alternate between abundance and scarcity; people move between happiness and sadness. If we fluctuate with those scenes we are unable to be constant internally.
But when we turn to the One who is permanently radiating virtues, we receive power and become unshakable. God offers us His potential . He is ever constant in being the light that never fades

Relationships
Who are the thieves of peace? Why is peace lost in relationships? Complaints, guilt and comparisons are the main destroyers of peace. Instead of complaining, share newness. Instead of looking for someone to blame, take responsibility for improving the situation. Instead of comparing yourself to others, value the good that is in them.

Kindness
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profoundness.
Kindness in giving creates love.

A Calm Mind
Don't give your mind permission to get disturbed. A disturbed mind is easily influenced. This will cost you your peace. Learn to maintain your peace by freeing yourself from attachments.

Competing or comparing yourself with others will not allow you to focus inwards. An inner focus allows you to keep your eye on your higher self. Remember your original nature. It allows you to forge a link with the Divine.
Then it becomes easy to recognise useless thoughts and replace them when viewed with a spiritual perspective.
A calm mind is peaceful, focused, self-directing and Divine.

Tabu

Message for the day

To recognize what is negative and waste is to have the ability to overcome them.

Thought to Ponder: When something negative or waste comes up, I need to recognize it immediately. If I am not able to do that, I actually invite it into my life, make it my guest, give it attention and encourage it further. So, it is important to recognize immediately and change anything negative or waste that comes my way.

Point to Practice: Today I will keep a check on my thoughts from time to time. As soon as I find something waste or negative coming up, I will not encourage it further. I will immediately either create another thought or move away from the situation temporarily till I change my thoughts. Such attention over a period of time, will help me recognize quickly and overcome what is negative and waste.

In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

Tabu

SECRET OF HOW TO NEVER FET HURT IN LOVE
Om Shanti

"Why does everything seem beautiful in love?
The one who tortures, why does s/he still look heart-warming,
The one who we love, even if s/he breaks our heart,
Why don't the heart count him/her as bad..?
Someone tell me what's love... love..." - from another blogger

Secret 0: Love is expression not expectation.
Love self before you love others.
Love is our divine spiritual nature. To love isnt optional but natural for us. Human beings life is sustained on love from the moment we are born. There are secrets less understood which are key to happiness in love. We find happiness when we express love and become miserable when we expect it. People we love exploit us when we expect love. Expectation of love is like giving control of our life to them irresponsibly. Always check your status of love, is it expression or expectation. Love makes everything worth living for and life becomes beautiful.

Secret 1: We love because love is wonderful
I will love you if u love me is key to disaster in love.
When we see a green leaf, its nature is greenness. It doesnt expect color green but expresses green color. Similarly our nature is to love, that is we love naturally. we dont need to expect love to love. it isnt a give and take proposition. When a mother loves her baby, she doesnt expect anything for few years in return. She cares only about well being of the baby. There is no question of does the baby love me? that is the reason the relationship between mother and baby is spiritual and divine. When we love this way every relationship is wonderful.

Secret 2: Love is understanding not questioning.
I expect appreciation from my loved is true way to be miserable most of our life.
When someone we love behaves badly and doesnt appreciate us, its not because they dont love us. Its because they are in a bad mood due to some other reason most of the time. If we realize this key and learn to be understanding and patient people we love can never make us miserable. This is what true love is about, understanding and patience. We become miserable when we fail in one of these. We can ignore their faults but not their intentions. Always make sure their intentions are good.

Secret 3: Never take criticism and anger of those who you love personally.
How can the people we love be so insensitive?

People will always be who they are. more close you get to them more they take you for granted. So expect to become their vent sometimes without taking it personally. Its ok as long as this behavior is limited. Loving them doesnt mean taking all their negativity. We have lots of other people we love who are more positive towards us. Cherish right people with love and you will always be surrounded by love.

Secret 4: Love is about sharing not possessing
Controlling or Possessive nature suffocates love
I need to be secure in who I am before I can claim to love anybody. Insecurity leads to controlling and possessive behavior. This isnt love but insecurity , when we see control issues and possessiveness then, its ego problem and not love at all. Avoid such problems like disease. Best way to avoid this is to share love with kind words, appreciation and showing concern for every person in your life. Do not limit love to few people. lesser the people you love more they control and suffocate your life.

Fact: I am the best person in my life
How can I be second priority in my life?
Have greatest love towards self, appreciate self and all all we have in our life. Only when we are loving towards our self can we have enough love to share with others. I cant share love when i am unhappy with myself. i can only give what i have. If i am miserable, i share misery. I am the best person in my life is the spirit of love. This is the foundation of love. Never feel bad about being the first in your life. Nobodies wish is worth our happiness and love. Never sacrifice the most precious gift from God, our love and happiness. realize it and cherish it.

Best Person to Love is God. I always Gained a lot by loving Him. My Meditation is my love for Him. I did learn so much about love from Him

Happy loving.

Posted by BK Veda Vyas

Tabu

To speak about others' negativity is to increase the burden of negativity.

Thought to Ponder: Every negative experience leaves a negative mark on my mind. When I talk about that to someone, they too would be influenced. In the same way, when someone talks about others, it creates negativity in our minds too. Although we did not have that negative experience, we tend to carry the unnecessary burden of negativity.

Point to Practice: Today I will neither gossip nor listen to anyone gossip. I will pay attention to myself that if I have to talk about anyone, it will only be about any positive aspect of them, if not I will not say anything. For today, I will pay attention to this.

In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

Tabu

Thought of the Day
image2.jpg

The Final Analysis
People are often unreasonable, self-centred: Forgive them anyway. If you are Honest, People may cheat you, but be Honest anyway. What you spend years to build, someone could destroy overnight. Build anyway. The good you do today, People will often forget tomorrow. Do Good anyway. You see, in the final analysis it is between you and God; it never was between you and them anyway.

© 2017 Brahma Kumaris