• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BK : Message For The Day

Tabu

Message for the day 06-12-2016
-----------------------------------------

To be free from desires is to have the experience of attainment.

Expression:The more there are desires, the more it becomes difficult to appreciate what is there and what is attained. Life becomes a constant struggle for attaining something else. One desire is fulfilled and before it can be appreciated all energies are focused on the fulfillment of ten other desires.

Experience: When I continue to run after desires, I am not able to have the experience of having attained anything. Running for desires is like running after the shadow, I can never get it. But when I turn my back on it, it runs after me. If I am free from desires, I am rich because I am content with whatever little I have and I am happy putting in effort to be better with that little.

In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

Tabu

Soul Sustenance 05-12-2016
--------------------------------------

The Search For Success Through Desire Fulfillment

The false intention and assumption behind greed, in the form of a thought and feeling, is
the more I have, the more I am. It is a combination of trying to add to the value of the self through material possessions, position, role, talent or achievements and then becoming attached to these as a form of identity, finally leading to personal collapse.
To try to add to the sense of self in this way has the effect of diverting oneself from the real self, which is why, in many cases, a person who has everything material is left with the feeling of being empty, disorientated and even fearful.

We cannot accumulate, or rely on the external, to create a sense of personal value.

People often try to fill the void of personal inadequacy or emptiness through greed, but this method goes against natural, universal laws.
All that I am, all that I can be, all that will make me truly happy must begin from inside the self. We have to start from the inside out, not the other way round, otherwise we create desires that have no end, like the ten-headed Ravana - every time Ram cut off one of his heads, another grew in its place. Ravana did not die until Ram aimed for his heart.
Desires are created from wanting one thing or another, believing that we will find achievement when those desires are fulfilled. This pattern of behavior keeps deceiving us and the proof of this is seen in the state of discontentment and emptiness a lot of people find themselves in today.

Tabu

upload_2016-12-21_22-1-1.png

Tabu

Thought for the day

tft017.jpg

Eternal Star

There is a part of you that is perfect and pure. It is untouched by the less-than-perfect characteristics you have acquired by living in a less than perfect world. This part of you is a still and eternal star. Make time to reach it and emerge it ,this will bring you untold benefit.

Tabu

The one who is the master of the self is able to master situations and manage people.

Message for the day

Expression: If there is an attempt to control situations and people without trying to control the self it becomes impossible. It only takes things more out of control and leads to extreme emotions like anger. To be a master means to be a master of one's own feelings and emotions under all circumstances. It means to have the reins in one's own hands.

Experience: When I am able to be a master of my own thoughts, feelings and emotions I am able to deal effectively with situations and people. I never go out of control or lose my cool however difficult the situation or person may be. This enables me to be aware of my own inner resources and use it to be the best of my ability.

Tabu

The one who is patient experiences constant success.

Message for the day

Projection: I always expect things to happen fast. Even with a little effort on my part I expect high results. Because of my impatience I just can't wait, I jump to conclusions and react without understanding the problem. Thus I find it difficult to experience success in whatever I do.

Solution: I need to understand that the fruit of the seeds I sow will come at their own time. This gives me the patience to wait without expecting results too fast. Also patience allows me to be calm even in the most negative situations. Thus I will be able to experience success whatever the immediate result of my actions might be.

Tabu

To pick up jewels instead of pebbles is to ensure that I only speak sweet words.

Message for the day 11-08-2015

Thought to ponder: Like a swan which picks up only jewels and leaves the pebbles aside, it is up to me to pick out only good things from all interactions. There are both (positive and negative) available and probably the negative (pebbles) are more in number. But I need to have the power to discern and pick out only that which is good and positive.

Point to practice: Today I will only talk what is positive. I will make special effort not to think, talk or see negative. This will help my mind be free from that which is not necessary or harmful. Thus what I speak will be positive, powerful and beneficial too.

Tabu

The positivity within is reflected in sweetness in the words.

Message for the day

Projection: Things do not always go the way we want them to. If we allow ourselves to get influenced by the situation, it is reflected in our words, which tend to become bitter. But if we are able to maintain our positivity even in negative situations, there will be sweetness in our words.

Solution: When I am faced with a difficult situation, my effort should be to maintain the positivity in my mind. For this I must remind myself that each and every moment is worth a lot, which I must be able to enjoy. I must have the joy of being alive and happy. When I will be able to do this, there will be sweetness in my words.

In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

Tabu

Patience brings easy solutions.

Expression:What one cannot achieve with pressure can be very easily achieved with patience. Patience brings a state of calm inside which helps in finding the answers that already lie within. It gives courage to work on the problem in a cool and relaxed way till the solution is found. It brings creativity even to mundane things.

Experience: When I am able remain patient even in the most challenging situations, I am able to remain calm. I don't let go of my inner peace but am able to be aware of my own inner resources. I am able to retain my inner strength which gives me courage to find the solution for every problem.

In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris