• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bizarre Creatures

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Baba Yaga... (Grandmother Horror)

4495j6a.jpg

Ody

The Jersey Devil,
devildraw.gif

January 1909, however, saw the most widespread period of sightings ever recorded. Thousands of people claimed to have seen the Jersey Devil during the week of January 16 – 23. Newspapers nationwide followed the story and published eyewitness reports. Hysteria gripped the entire state during this terrible week.
  • 16th (Saturday) — The Devil was sighted flying over Woodbury.
  • 17th (Sunday) — In Bristol, Pennsylvania, several people saw the creature and tracks were found in the snow the following day.
  • 18th (Monday) — Burlington was covered in strange tracks that seemed to defy logic; some were found on rooftops; others started and stopped abruptly, with no origin or destination. Several other towns found similar footprints.
  • 19th (Tuesday) — Nelson Evans and his wife, of Gloucester, found the Devil outside their window at 2:30 AM .
    • Mr. Evans gave the following account: "It was about three feet and a half high, with a head like a collie dog and a face like a horse. It had a long neck, wings about two feet long, and its back legs were like those of a crane, and it had horse's hooves. It walked on its back legs and held up two short front legs with paws on them. It didn't use the front legs at all while we were watching. My wife and I were scared, I tell you, but I managed to open the window and say, 'Shoo!' and it turned around, barked at me, and flew away".
    • Two Gloucester hunters tracked the Devil's seemingly impossible trail for 20 miles. The trail appeared to jump fences and squeeze under eight-inch gaps. Sightings were reported in several other towns.
  • 20th (Wednesday) — In Haddonfield and Collingswood, posses were formed to find the Devil. They watched him fly off toward Moorestown, where he was later sighted by at least two people.
  • 21st (Thursday) — The Devil attacked a trolley car in Haddon Heights, but was chased off. Trolley cars in several other towns began to maintain armed guards. Several poultry farmers found their chickens dead. The Devil was reported to have walked into an electric rail in Clayton, but if this did happen, it did not kill the beast. A telegraph worker near Atlantic City claimed to have shot the Devil and watched him limp into the woods. If so, he was not fazed much because he continued his assault, visiting Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and West Collingswood, New Jersey (where he was hosed by the local fire department). The Devil prepared to attack nearby people, who threw whatever they could find at it. Right as he was about to strike, the Devil flew away. He emerged later in Camden and injured a dog, ripping a chunk of flesh out before the dog's owner drove it away. This is the first Devil attack on a living creature that was witnessed.
  • 22nd (Friday) — Last day of sightings. By now many towns were in a panic, with businesses and schools closed for fear of the creature. It was, however, only seen a few times that day and did not attack anything.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Devil

Ody

Feathers in Hair said:
*runs and hides from the Jersey Devil, this time* Do you guys know how much that thing scares me?!

You should read what it is supposed to do to animals :cover:

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I used to see these when I was a kid and get freaked out.......*shudder*

Potato Bug

potatobug_03.jpg

As you can see, they are quite large........

potatobug_key.jpg

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
The most bizarre creature in Bosnia is probably the "Stranger", as it's called. People have caught and killed them before, but no one yet knows what it is:

2gx4i9d.jpg

They're said to be hairless, and very agile. They can mimic the sounds of humans, not close enough that you think it's another person, but close enough that it bothers people deeply.

They apparently eat anything smaller than themselves that they can catch. There's been stories of babies being snatched and this sort of thing. They're said to be just as comfortable under water as on land, and they can run very fast.

That's all I know. I've never seen one, or know anyone who has.

Ody

My last 'cryptid' to be mentioned, as I fear I drove out everyone with the giant rollie pollie

Is Mothman

mothman3.jpg

http://www.prairieghosts.com/moth.html

Sorry for the picture spam, I am very into the Paranormal, its hobby of mine (i are sceptical though) and I wanted to show my favorite beasties to research.

Fluffy

A fool
230px-Tardigrades.jpg

The Tardigrade or "Water Bear" most notable for its ability to survive in extreme environments including a vacuum.

Those "spiders" appear to either have 10 legs or huge mandibles.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
darkpenguin said:
camel_spider_sm.jpg

say hello to the camel spider aka 'screaming spider'

Just want to point out that Camel Spiders generally do not get any larger than 6inches. This picture above is a depth perception exaggeration. :D Sorry to all you dudes who wanted one of these to scare your girlfriend.

Fluffy

A fool
Just want to point out that Camel Spiders generally do not get any larger than 6inches. This picture above is a depth perception exaggeration. :D Sorry to all you dudes who wanted one of these to scare your girlfriend.

I'm pretty sure there are two spiders there actually and each one looks about 6 inches not including leg span.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Fluffy said:
I'm pretty sure there are two spiders there actually and each one looks about 6 inches not including leg span.
Yes looks like two to me too. One's biting the other's arse. But, when these pictures first came out, people thought these spiders were a foot long and not inches. I'm sure you can see where the descrepancy comes into play. It's all in the angles, baby.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
Buttercup said:

thats just not fair you spoiled my fun lol oh and they don't scream either it's just american troops in hot countrys with nothing better to do with thier time then to make up stories about screaming spiders! oh and they arn't poisonous either :D

Buttercup

Veteran Member
darkpenguin said:
thats just not fair you spoiled my fun lol oh and they don't scream either it's just american troops in hot countrys with nothing better to do with thier time then to make up stories about screaming spiders! oh and they arn't poisonous either :D
Well, if it makes you feel better you naughty boy.....the picture you posted actually gave me goosebumps. It's still scary.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
i don't care if they arn't venomous if i ever saw one it would be resposible for giving me a heart attack lol, there are spiders that scream though, banana spiders as i recall scream in fear as they fall from trees, personaly due to me feeling like spiders have a vendeta against me the thought of them screaming in fear ammuses me no end :)

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Djamila said:
The most bizarre creature in Bosnia is probably the "Stranger", as it's called. People have caught and killed them before, but no one yet knows what it is:

2gx4i9d.jpg

Looks like a skinned house cat to me .

BTW Djamila , Baba Yaga is one of my all time favorite Ogresses . :)