• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bishop:- Gays caused by pregnant women having anal sex.

ecco

Veteran Member
And what I told you is that according to the scriptures you're unaware of, those churches are apostate.
Look it up. Apostate.
The bigotry would be yours. Rendered as is evident against actual Bible reading Christians and while resorting to all sorts of pejorative language in order to defend your argument that sin should be OK when it comes to homosexuals.

Christians don't read the abrogated Queen James Bible. That's why gays who defend homosexuality as perfectly OK with God are unaware of what the Bible says prior to its abrogation by vested interests from the LGBTQ community. A bible they created that is actually qualified to be satire.

It is a lie that Jesus never said any such thing. There are Christians that believe Saul of Tarsus, a Pharisee who "found Christ" on the road to Damascus, was informed by Jesus during his ministry. And as such Saul wrote epistles to that effect, epistle=letters.
When Jesus was God, of the old testament, incarnate, the same God that said laying with a man as with a woman was an abomination worthy of death did not change his mind in the new testament. The death penalty during Jesus time would have been carried out by the temple judges against that particular sin. There are many sins in the Torah.
Meanwhile, Jesus informed Saul that the sexually immoral will not inherit the kingdom of Heaven. What you chose to miss in that statement that I now repeat was, that includes heterosexuals as well as unrepentant homosexuals.
1 Corinthians 6:9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdomof God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who submit to or perform homosexual acts,

Ephesians 5:5 5For of this you can be sure:No immoral, impure, or greedy person (that is, an idolater), has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 6Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on the sons of disobedience.

He referred to the apostates such as you describe leading gays straight to Hell with lies bonded as truth.

Obfuscation makes your point invalid. This discussion isn't about the poor so throwing in a red herring just makes your argument look weaker than it is from a biblical standpoint.
God doesn't change because you think sexual immorality is perfectly OK and as such believe God should change his mind to fit your lifestyle.
As I said, there are many sins. People who can stay on topic realize this thread is about one particular sin. And one particular bishop who is unfit for his office.

That post puts you right up there with the Bishop mentioned in the OP. Does your denomination allow female Bishops? You should try to get a promotion.

ecco

Veteran Member
How about arranging for him to visit a Gay club?
Now that could be a real experience for him!
Maybe, like Paul he complains hard to hide things about himself?

You are really going to discuss hiding hard things in a topic about homosexuality?

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
That post puts you right up there with the Bishop mentioned in the OP.
No.

People who aren't familiar with the scriptures and the edicts of Christianity imagine it must be malleable so as to adjust to present day secular mores.
A religion that espouses righteousness is thought to need adjust and accept and include unrighteous principles so as to accommodate itself to the fallen world's population. That in fact defeats the premise of salvation from sin.

Does your denomination allow female Bishops? You should try to get a promotion.
Sexual discrimination in clergy is contrary to the example of Jesus' ministry. There were women apostles after Jesus, and this is something even Paul speaks of in his epistles.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
You are really going to discuss hiding hard things in a topic about homosexuality?

I missed you! You haven't posted to me in many days!
I was pining.........

Silly mistake, member! :) You got it the wrong way round.

I wrote about trying hard to hide things, and you read it as trying to hide hard things......... you see? Poor comprehension?

But I like you! You're nice.

ecco

Veteran Member
No.

People who aren't familiar with the scriptures and the edicts of Christianity imagine it must be malleable so as to adjust to present day secular mores.

All religious people believe their interpretation is scripture is correct.
All religious people believe other people believe scripture must be malleable; how else could they come to such silly interpretations?