• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biointensive Gardening

evearael

As soon as we move we will be able to garden, so I've been researching everything I can about gardening and composting and I came across this article about biointensive organic gardening. Does anyone have any experience with this? :flower:

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Not personally but my dad once grew tomatoes organically and they were the sweetest I ever tasted! I've heard that garlic peels are sprinkled around the root of plants to keep away some type of insect but I can't remember which one. I know a lady who made compost and she covered it with a large tarpulin. I hope that's how to spell "tarpulin." :eek:

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
We have an opportunity to grow very high yields using a fraction of the resources. One of the ways we do this is by growing all the organic matter that we need in the garden, or on the farm, that's producing the food.
Good news all around.