• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Binge-worthy Amazon Prime

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Everyone keeps trying to get me to watch Stranger Things. If it wasn't set about a 30 minute drive from where I used to live, I may have. But I hate that place. The nostalgia people have tempted me with (I realized it's been years and years since I've watched Never Ending Story, remember little about it, and haven't heard the song in probably about as equally long) is tempting, but I utterly hate where it's set at. Which means I'd probably also nitpick at it not portraying things accurately.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Everyone keeps trying to get me to watch Stranger Things. If it wasn't set about a 30 minute drive from where I used to live, I may have. But I hate that place. The nostalgia people have tempted me with (I realized it's been years and years since I've watched Never Ending Story, remember little about it, and haven't heard the song in probably about as equally long) is tempting, but I utterly hate where it's set at. Which means I'd probably also nitpick at it not portraying things accurately.
Now I want to watch it just to get a feel for where you grew up.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Now I want to watch it just to get a feel for where you grew up.
I have my doubts it's accurate. Super Natural certainly never was when it was in the state. Indiana, especially that part, is pretty racist, very conservative, and very Christian and the conclusion of the 80s saw a pretty big Klan rally where I grew up. And it's so boring there with so little to do the Satanic Panic there of that time, to this day still my mom believes it was a real Satanist cult who mutilated animals and threw the heads in people's yards (including ours) rather than very likely a very bored group of a teenaged/young adult males.