• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Billy Graham has died.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
mixed feelings.....
I've seen his speeches when I was younger

may he find what he believed in

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I can't say I feel sorry for him....But God is the best of judges...

As the Muslims say:

Inna Lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Bummer, he won't get to see the 2nd Coming he believed was upon us. Oh well, he was true to his beliefs, and that's something. The Rapture will have to wait.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
No doubt he was a great man and minister, and I remember watching his specials on t.v. with my parents back in the 50's and early 60's. May he RIP.

BTW, another minister who had quite a following in the 50"s was Bishop Sheen, and even though my parents were staunchly anti-Catholic, they watched his show regularly. Any of you remember him by chance?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Truly a man of love and influence. No one every could lay a charge on him as he shined with his faith in Jesus.

He has found the culmination of his faith!

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Saw him on the first london crusade in the early fifties at Wembley.
It was extraordinarily well organised, and got through to many people.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher

David T

Premium Member
He put on some great concerts..Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, etc.
Omg obscure reference. I really was too young to catch the monterey rally. Lots of believers were delivered there. Are you a convert in the crowd? Obviously this is the Liberal evangelical rally....
Pop-HR-59-874aab9fb3.JPG