• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Billy Graham Association

Riders

They have a commercial out about the Coronavirus and how fearful and scared everyone is. Then they use the Coronavirus to get people to call their hotline and convert to Christianity on the phone.

I think its wrong to use fear of the virus to lead people to Jesus.

Skwim

Veteran Member
They have a commercial out about the Coronavirus and how fearful and scared everyone is. Then they use the Coronavirus to get people to call their hotline and convert to Christianity on the phone.

But throughout history fear has been an essential component in prodding people to join a religion:. "You'll surely end up in hell, a fearsome place if ever there was one, unless you do as I say. Accept Jesus Christ as your savior."

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Well, hardly a surprise, since Christians have been using fear to sell the product since time immemorial. Can't tell you how many times I've been threatened with hell-fire, which sounds worse than any old virus.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
As others have pointed out Christianity has a history of motivating people via fear.

A "good" religion should motivate with love. I know some Christians know and practice this but that really should be the standard right? Love of your fellow should be the driving force of religion. If that is not the case then it is likely not a religion you want to involve yourself with.

MNoBody

isn't the Live forever carrot offered, proof of the fear motivating adherents?
why adopt some mechanism to attain immortal life...unless one fears that it may be in some jeopardy....fear of death is the principle motivator for eternal life insurance sales departments

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Yea. Like Hell just isn't good enough for these people. Always wanting more.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
A benevolent God wouldn't play such games with human life.

Maybe the punishment for sin is having to endure all these false religions and their salvation ultimatums.

What is sin anyway? I think it's actions that deserve eternal doom.

Anyways Christianity narratives sure have a lot of plot holes. The idea that it is simple and obviously self evident truth is absurd. Nevertheless those believers are actually straight faced about it. Amazing.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
fear of death is the principle motivator for eternal life insurance sales departments
Only these Christian salesmen do not have anything to "sell" that really exists, so they are selling bad product
Don't get me wrong, eternal life does exist, just not the one they are selling.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Fear has always been the tool of choice.

From Hell to virus, it makes no difference.

What's ludicrously funny is the way Christians deny that they use fear as a tool in Christianity.