• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill of rights?

Ozzie

Australians live in sedated monocultural excellence believing that current freedoms we enjoy are a "right". Yet we are amongst few Western democracies not having a Bill of Rights in our Constitution.

Freedoms we have are constantly being eroded by incremental statutory provisions.

I would like to know from those of you living in societies with a Bill of Rights, what tangible rights does this afford you?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Australians live in sedated monocultural excellence believing that current freedoms we enjoy are a "right". Yet we are amongst few Western democracies not having a Bill of Rights in our Constitution.

Freedoms we have are constantly being eroded by incremental statutory provisions.

I would like to know from those of you living in societies with a Bill of Rights, what tangible rights does this afford you?

We don't even have a written constitution.
House of lords decisions are the nearest we have.

kadzbiz

......monocultural excellence ......

What do you mean by this Ozzie?

P.S. I don't know what the heck are my rights anymore. Seems the bigger an a**hole you are, the more rights you have in this country. :(