• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Cosby.....You Know You Wanna Discuss It.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To be fair, he said gave, not administered. Giving a woman a pill that she put in her purse, and then having sex with her in exchange, although creepy, isn't rape. But I think, just maybe, that isn't what he did.
I strongly share your suspicion.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I agree with you definition as it applies to Cosby, and basically he has gotten away with it in the criminal courts based on the statute of limitations
Can you imagine what his life must be like?
Everywhere he goes.....people will stare.....parents will pull their chirren close....catcalls will fly....eyes will shoot daggers.
If he isn't a complete sociopath, it must be difficult indeed.
I certainly hope so.

"Chirren" is for @4consideration.

Marisa

To be clear, I consider non-consensual sex of this nature to be rape.
Rape needn't be violent to qualify as such.
Is what I know from the media enuf to convict him?
I don't know.
I agree that his 'public' admission could be read differently. (I could've been more accurate.)
But there's a significant preponderance of evidence that he's guilty.

Cosby needn't worry about prosecution because the statute of limitations prevents it.
Civil suits should be a concern though.
It does open him to some liability, from what I understand from a CNN report yesterday, if anyone comes forward alleging he assaulted them outside the statutes of limitations.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It does open him to some liability, from what I understand from a CNN report yesterday, if anyone comes forward alleging he assaulted them outside the statutes of limitations.
Aye, as I recall, that hasn't happened....yet.
Without that, I hope he's dogged by civil suits....& costly losses.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Can you imagine what his life must be like?
Everywhere he goes.....people will stare.....parents will pull their chirren close....catcalls will fly....eyes will shoot daggers.
If he isn't a complete sociopath, it must be difficult indeed.
I certainly hope so.

"Chirren" is for @4consideration.
Stark contrast from his once squeaky clean image. Fat Albert will never be the same again.

Times ar a changin..........

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Breaking news....
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/latest-bill-cosby-charged-2004-case-36007715
Bill Cosby has been charged with sexual assault more than a decade after a former Temple University employee told police the comedian drugged and violated her at his home near Philadelphia.

It's the first criminal charge against Cosby over his conduct with women, which has received new scrutiny in the past year.

The Montgomery County prosecutor announced Wednesday that Cosby had been charged with aggravated indecent assault, a felony. It's a reversal of a decision by a previous district attorney, who declined to charge Cosby in 2005.

Palehorse

fat-albert-s02e07_xlg_1280x720.jpg