• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Cosby.....You Know You Wanna Discuss It.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
My God, the sexual predator antics (or at the very very least accusations of sexual......erm "misconduct") seem to be hitting all the family entertainers as of late! I remember it was merely a year or two ago when jaws around Australia dropped to the flaw when it was "announced" that the main star of "Hey Dad!" an Australian family friendly sitcom, was molesting the little girl who played his daughter on set. With cast members actually going out of their way to try to protect her whilst filming! Then the infamous "Operation Yewtree" which exposed Jimmy Saville as a child molester. Then Rolf Harris', Australian children's entertainer with a career as long as 5 decades, had his dirty pedophilic secret announced to the shocked world (okay, maybe more so shocked Aussies, but still.) Now the family friendly comic Bill Cosby is exposed as a sexual predator.
Who's next to be exposed? The freaking Wiggles?! =O

I know predators are drawn to jobs that position themselves as clean cut, friendly and trustworthy to the public. But still, it's a bit sickening for me. I am now automatically suspicious of any entertainer in a children's or even family friendly media.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
When survivors can't depend on the state to enforce laws against sexual assault, this is where there can be justice. Let perpetrators experience the kind of removal from society through financial lack, boycott campaigns, and the freedom of the press.

Just gotta tackle the problem of defamation lawsuits though.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How long did it take him to figure out that a plaid skirt didn't mean you were whaht wimmens?
Tom
About 2 seconds....
Williebasicly35.gif

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Cosby has a very vocal defender......
Whoopi Goldberg Goes Bonkers on Bill Cosby Critics: 'I'm Sick of This Bull' (Video)

Goldberg misses an important difference in her comparing the Duke Lacrosse team & Cosby.
The former were innocent.
Cosby publicly admitted raping women.

I don't think 'he' publically admitted it. It was in court and it was apparently leaked. And, although I believe he did it, he did not admit rape, he admitted drugging for sex, which does in fact constitute rape these days, but I am not sure it did at the time of the omission. Besides, now his legal team is saying he did not understand the question at the time

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't think 'he' publically admitted it. It was in court and it was apparently leaked. And, although I believe he did it, he did not admit rape, he admitted drugging for sex, which does in fact constitute rape these days, but I am not sure it did at the time of the omission. Besides, now his legal team is saying he did not understand the question at the time
To be clear, I consider non-consensual sex of this nature to be rape.
Rape needn't be violent to qualify as such.
Is what I know from the media enuf to convict him?
I don't know.
I agree that his 'public' admission could be read differently. (I could've been more accurate.)
But there's a significant preponderance of evidence that he's guilty.

Cosby needn't worry about prosecution because the statute of limitations prevents it.
Civil suits should be a concern though.

Wirey

Fartist
I don't know.
I agree that his 'public' admission could be read differently. (I could've been more accurate.)

Cosby needn't worry about prosecution because the statute of limitations prevents it.

To be fair, he said gave, not administered. Giving a woman a pill that she put in her purse, and then having sex with her in exchange, although creepy, isn't rape. But I think, just maybe, that isn't what he did.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I don't know.

I agree with you definition as it applies to Cosby, and basically he has gotten away with it in the criminal courts based on the statute of limitations