• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Cosby.....You Know You Wanna Discuss It.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Direct is wonderful. Blunt can be wonderful. "Protection against hurt feelings" is deflection. I speak of abuse borne of anger. As for naming abusive elements, "calling out" is against the rules. But calling other misogynists when they aren't, using terms like "mansplaining" to belittle men, & making prejudicial remarks to an ally about a "non" poster all strike me as abuse.
You might view this as just being honest & direct. But if such honesty & directness were to head in the other direction, the fur would really fly.

Who is to say who is being misogynist? You? And "mansplaining" isn't a term to belittle men, it's a term that defines how men AND women devalue a woman's point of view and assumes the male POV is the correct one.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Who is to say who is being misogynist? You?
Yes, in some cases, my own in particular.
I see "misogynist" thoughtlessly wielded as mere insult. But even if some angry poster truly believes that another is one, it's still a major rule violation to fling ad hominems. And it's just as wrong for "misandrist" to be used about posters.
And "mansplaining" isn't a term to belittle men, it's a term that defines how men AND women devalue a woman's point of view and assumes the male POV is the correct one.
That definition differs from the usage I see. You personally suffer no lack of certainty or freedom when stating your views. "Mansplaining" looks more like pontificating why you're right, & we're utterly wrong about anything relating to men's or women's issues. The term is used only with men who disagree with you, but not towards females. And for you to accuse me of opposing women being "uppity" is an inaccurate, insulting, & sexist remark. I'll vigorously disagree with anyone on this forum....male, female, & indeterminate, & I begrudge no one the right to opine.
You should notice that there are some posters whom I only give kurt responses. Why? I find'm uncivil & uninteresting. The time I devote to conversing with you is a sign of respect, ie, you are civil & interesting. We can tolerate each other's shortcomings, eg, your height & my curmudgeonitude.

Note: Major edits here since yesterday.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
More news....
Cosby made female 'Letterman' staffers 'watch him eat curry' - NY Daily News
Female staffers at “The Late Show With David Letterman” are breathing a collective sigh of relief they don’t have to deal with an upcoming Bill Cosby appearance. A source close to the show tells Confidenti@l that the disgraced comic had some truly bizarre backstage requests.
“He’d include as a request, before he arrived, that the young girls, interns and assistants, all had to gather around in the green room backstage and sit down and watch him eat curry,” our stunned source explains. “No one would say anything, and he would sit silently eating and make us watch and want us to watch.”
I figure that Letterman must've been apprised of this weirdly degrading imposition on the junior female staff. If so, there's one of Cosby's enablers.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
She said:
"I'm consistently directing my disgust to Cosby"... I think some ''disgust'' is also going elsewhere, to one of the members of this forum. can you guess who it is?
I'd rather not guess about inter-poster difficulties.

Lately, I'm broadening the thread to address people who helped Cosby get away with his bizarre & vicious deeds. And I haven't even gotten started on Cosby's lawyers! (If I designed Hell, there'd be a special place for them.)
d7b83449-1501-4483-b1ea-1964ff04ea09_412x232.jpg

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
I'd rather not guess about inter-poster difficulties.

Lately, I'm broadening the thread to address people who helped Cosby get away with his bizarre & vicious deeds. And I haven't even gotten started on Cosby's lawyers! (If I designed Hell, there'd be a special place for them.)
d7b83449-1501-4483-b1ea-1964ff04ea09_412x232.jpg
Calm down Willy, calm down. :)
It is a sad fact of life that money can get you many things. It should be simple enough really. If enough women come foward, it would seem hard to say that they were all wrong. If the get out clause is they are after his money, then give the money to charity. I could find in guilty in half an hour, and that is with a coffee break.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Calm down Willy, calm down. :)
Lawyers....they gets me blood boil'n!
But I smell peppers a cook'n....soothing.....calming....ahhhhh....
It is a sad fact of life that money can get you many things. It should be simple enough really. If enough women come foward, it would seem hard to say that they were all wrong. If the get out clause is they are after his money, then give the money to charity. I could find in guilty in half an hour, and that is with a coffee break.
Clearly, we need a system to ensure that victims have the freedom to come forward in a more timely fashion.

Robert.Evans

Lawyers....they gets me blood boil'n!
But I smell peppers a cook'n....soothing.....calming....ahhhhh....

Clearly, we need a system to ensure that victims have the freedom to come forward in a more timely fashion.
It would help if they did. How long ago was it? We have had similar things happen here, and they come forward years later, including if it happened as a child. I don't know what you do about that really. I think it is better to have a soceity where you are not put in situations where you can be abused like that.
We have had problems with nursing homes for the disabled and elderly. They have been hit, stood on, etc. Though the offspring of the people complain and say how terrible it is, I can't help but think that THEY should be the one's looking after them. There is always a chance that something bad might happen when you are not bonded with the person in question. It is just a bale of straw waiting to be lit. Just takes the right person with a match.... but at least then we can complain, right?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It would help if they did. How long ago was it? We have had similar things happen here, and they come forward years later, including if it happened as a child. I don't know what you do about that really. I think it is better to have a soceity where you are not put in situations where you can be abused like that.
We have had problems with nursing homes for the disabled and elderly. They have been hit, stood on, etc. Though the offspring of the people complain and say how terrible it is, I can't help but think that THEY should be the one's looking after them. There is always a chance that something bad might happen when you are not bonded with the person in question. It is just a bale of straw waiting to be lit. Just takes the right person with a match.... but at least then we can complain, right?
I've no easy or simple solutions. All we can do is see recurring problems, & take thoughtful action to mitigate them. We've seen some progress, but we've a long way to go.

Last edited:

Robert.Evans

I've no easy or simple solutions. All we can do is see recurring problems, & take thoughtful action to mitigate them. We've seen some progress, but we've a long way to go.
But you hit the nail on the head there. It is not easy to answer, to deal with. That is why more has to be put on how ''we'' ourselves deal with things, with life, where we go etc. It is like driving: we hope that no one will drive into us, but we always watch in case they might. If each takes more thoughtfulness to their approach to life, institued through family and school, I do not think we would get into many situations in the first place.

Do you have ''happy slapping'' over there? It is when they hit someone or push them about and record it on the phone then post it somewhere, just for a laugh (good eh!) We could stop having digital cameras, that would stop that, and also stop a lot of images of kids on the net. But again, we are back to freedoms, yeah? Would you give them up? If not, then you would be part of the problem. Big question though eh.

Yerda

Veteran Member
The thing that really gets me is the number of people who must have known. Police, politicians, newspaper editors, publicists, broadcasters....Every time one of those subhumans praised him, gave him work, wrote his crap up...that was a kick in the gut to a woman who had already been through misery and trauma.

Wirey

Fartist
I'm assuming some of these have to be piling on. You know, "I met him and it's plausible, so I'll throw my hat in the litigation ring' kind of thing. But man, even if half of them are fake, which I doubt, I am never letting my kids watch Fat Albert again!