• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Cosby.....You Know You Wanna Discuss It.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
For people living in a cave the last few months....
No Cookies | Herald Sun
I'd never have expected such predatory behavior from him.
Dang! He makes Ahnold look like a saint.

I just heard that he hit on Lou Ferrigno's wife.
Really, Bill? You wouldn't want to make him angry.
tumblr_m7lu8jvbH01qiy6rqo1_400.jpg

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There once was a comic named Bill.
A gentleman he was until
he served'm some booze.
But it was a ruse!
He drugged'm to do what he will.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
I have no idea the truth, some of those jumping to judgement remind me of the mobs in Fergville wanting to declare the cop guilty and who are more dangerous to my freedom and justuce than I can imagine. Until all the evidence is proven in court, Cosby is not one for me to judge and this could range from political agenda to cash mamas to actual rape, I wouldn't know at this juncture.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have no idea the truth, some of those jumping to judgement remind me of the mobs in Fergville wanting to declare the cop guilty and who are more dangerous to my freedom and justuce than I can imagine. Until all the evidence is proven in court, Cosby is not one for me to judge and this could range from political agenda to cash mamas to actual rape, I wouldn't know at this juncture.
I agree with you in principal. But the number of gals with detailed & similar stories suggests that where there's so much smoke, there is likely fire.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
I remember watching the Cosby show in England. He was funny. Though I recall, looking back, that everyone on the show was black. Only in the distance would you see whites..... now what is the word that they call that? I know it begins with ''R''.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I remember watching the Cosby show in England. He was funny. Though I recall, looking back, that everyone on the show was black. Only in the distance would you see whites..... now what is the word that they call that? I know it begins with ''R''.
The "r" word? Nah, I think Bill is a pretty stand up guy regarding racial politics. Now's the time for someone to joke about his being a "lying down guy".
Anyway, I found his show unfunny. It was sort of positive feeling vaguely mirthful lowest common denominator deliberately inoffensive pablum. He was much better in the show, I Spy.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
There is a real chance that many were raped and many more betrayed. Where's the sadness? Where's the empathy (if not anger)?

Am I truly the only one who finds this thread a bit repulsive?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I agree with you in principal. But the number of gals with detailed & similar stories suggests that where there's so much smoke, there is likely fire.

Similar accusation was made against a Doctor in Western Mass a few years back. People were even protesting outside his house...his wife left him and took the kids and the police were going to arrest him so he hung himself...... after which his accusers, feeling somewhat remorseful, said they had lied.......

Did Bill do this...it looks likely...but I am waiting to pass judgment.

MD

qualiaphile
I don't know, there's no way to prove this.

One thing's for sure his legacy as America's black Dad is gone.

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Over a dozen allegations of drugging and sexual assault over a considerable length of time. Way too many stories of sexual predators on casting couches in tinseltownHe won't be charged due to statute of limitations, but his image is seriously tarnished with this many allegations.

And even in spite of so many allegations against Cosby, I'm with Jay, in that violent assaults looked to be committed, he won't face justice (he won't even be indicted), and there's little outrage over it. Meaning, the women that have come forward with their stories will just have to deal with it in their own way with no legal recourse.

No Jay, you're not the only one repulsed. I am, too. The lack of empathy toward the women coming forward is glaring.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Now I have looked at the link, I see what it is all about. Not good. I wonder how he managed to drug them? Presumably they were by themselves. Always a risk. He was wrong, they were stupid.
We have celebrities doing the same over here, and gangs off the street.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
This isn't a lack of empthy, it's whistling past the graveyard. How does a man with the persona of Cosby wind up being the bad guy in an M Night Shamalan film? It's terrifying!

The ladies involved have my sympathy, believe me.

It's the "hitting on a woman" that seemed to trivialize the assault allegations to nothing more than an embarrassing social faux pas. And the few posts that suggest that that multitude of allegations are a rush to judgement, or just sitting back and "waiting for all the facts."

Happens all the time. Jerry Sandusky, the child-raping priests of the church, etc...and now Cosby. People would rather not believe that sexual assault is committed by well-liked people or upstanding people. Rape and sexual assault is presumed always to be the monster waiting in the bushes.

If Cosby or others of his ilk would actually face justice, then I think joking about it would be easier to handle. But sexual assault rarely ever finds it's way into blind justice for the parties involved. People would much rather brush it under the rug.

It's why the casting couch is a running joke in theatre, in spite of how often it happens without any consequences to the perpetrators, and always the targets are taught how to defend themselves on their own.

I'm glad you and others can joke about it. I'm unable to. It disgusts me.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This isn't a lack of empthy, it's whistling past the graveyard. How does a man with the persona of Cosby wind up being the bad guy in an M Night Shamalan film? It's terrifying!

The ladies involved have my sympathy, believe me.
I saw 2 parts to this:
1) Cosby the unexpected vicious predator in sheep's clothing.
2) The many victims of his assaults.
The OP focused upon #1. But posters are free to address the big #2 here.

The greatest insults one can wield are the limerick & the marionette. I'll leave the latter to Parker & Stone (of Team America infamy).

The rush to judgement:
I'm not a juror, just a disembodied font of prattle on the internet. So I see no irresponsibility in looking at the mountains of evidence against Cosby, & deciding that he did great wrong to many women. Btw, I don't criticize those who'd rather postpone judgement.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Perhaps I'm inured to horror. As some here know, I once had a serial killer working for me. (He makes Cosby look tame.) There's humor in that.