• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bikram

Maya3

Seriously, and not only that I don´t know how to feel about his victim, I have trouble with her massaging him for hours and being his student for years after the first rape. I realize that you can be cohersced and taken advantage of by someone in power, but the whole thing is weird.

Maya

Maya3

And yes the hot yoga in shorts and his cars and patenting his brand of yoga.

Yikes

Maya

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
That's why I believe ethics should be the very first teaching of any 'yoga' . Seriously, these guys need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I did a bit more browsing, and there are many many 'rumours' that are most likely all true. It's kind of good in a way that it's somewhat disassociated with Hinduism ... at least in this particular case. There are other very controversial cases out there closer to home, unfortunately, home being Hinduism in general, not my particular sampradaya or temple.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Not really a problem of the Hindu DIR. After all, these are the same peeps that constantly regurgitate that yoga has nothing to do with Hinduism, and the two are completely separate.

EDIT: I'm using satire, folks. I hope someone caught it! :p

EDIT #2: Bikram's a predator. Wasn't that established a few years back? I thought it was common knowledge.

Last edited:

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Mmmmm ....yes

this has gone on years , ....yoga for the wrong reasons !

western Yoga has about as much to do with true Yoga as Fengshui money frog has to do with the vastu Shastra

Fireside_Hindu

Jai Lakshmi Maa
This is part of why I'm extremely wary of self professed "gurus" in every field. It's unfortunate because I'm sure there are many out there who are legitimate teachers. Ego and power can all too easily corrupt.

Kirran

Premium Member
Got to the point where the stereotype is so entrenched that all sorts of gurus get accused of such activities. Swami Vivekananda's been accused of visiting brothels, Ramakrishna of being a homosexual paedophile, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi of taking advantage of women devotees...

I mean, they may be true, I suppose.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
If Vivekananda went to brothels, I am sure it would have been for a legitimate purpose, for their upliftment.