• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bigots in the occupy Wall St movement?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I noticed the irony too.
Those who were so quick to cry "racist!" about the Tea Partiers fell silent when their Occupiers exhibited its share of kooks too.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Somehow I doubt that the individual protester was endorsed by Obama.

This is nothing but either hype or deceit. We all know that anti-semitism has the distinct trait of being right-wing, except for maybe a portion of the conspiracy kooks.

The racists WERE representative of the Tea Party. From what I've talked to people who have actually been at OWS, racists were few in number if they were there at all (the OWS foolishly accepts anyone who wants to join them, which of course can lead to instances like this). This is the only time I have heard of a racist comment coming from someone at OWS.
Although, I will be quite disappointed if the movement doesn't quickly distance itself from this anti-semetic scum. The Tea Party made the mistake of endorsing its racist factions, and I would not like OWS to become like the Tea Partiers.

That woman is simply a moron. I don't believe she is representative of the majority of the Occupoids. She probably thinks Jackson's 'Hymie Town" comment was ok.
And, she is in the education department? Oh my.:eek:
But I do believe Obama's veiws run along those same lines when considering his handling of the Israel/Palestine situation.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Somehow I doubt that the individual protester was endorsed by Obama.
This is nothing but either hype or deceit. We all know that anti-semitism has the distinct trait of being right-wing, except for maybe a portion of the conspiracy kooks.
The racists WERE representative of the Tea Party. From what I've talked to people who have actually been at OWS, racists were few in number if they were there at all (the OWS foolishly accepts anyone who wants to join them, which of course can lead to instances like this). This is the only time I have heard of a racist comment coming from someone at OWS.
Although, I will be quite disappointed if the movement doesn't quickly distance itself from this anti-semetic scum. The Tea Party made the mistake of endorsing its racist factions, and I would not like OWS to become like the Tea Partiers.
The life of an apologist for a popular movement is a difficult one indeed.
One must twist & turn to alternately cast a blind eye or seek out sinners as needed.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
The life of an apologist for a popular movement is a difficult one indeed.
One must twist & turn to alternately cast a blind eye or seek out sinners as needed.

A blind eye? That's exactly the opposite of what I'm suggesting the OWS do, and exactly what the Tea Party did do.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
To be fair to the Tea Party, it's not their supposed racial views that I hate them for, since no one will openly admit to being racist. Racism is a red herring, a distraction. It's their economic and religious views that they deserve to be hated for; many people openly admit to being capitalist and Christian.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Such temerity!
There ought'a be a law against holding such beliefs, eh?

It's tempting, absolutely. Beliefs are tolerable when they are justified. Belief in capitalism can be misguided, as can the desire for individuality, but for Christianity, it is fundamentally impossible to justify, as the Bible itself admits that the adherent must rely on "faith" in place of worldly reason.

Since Christianity wants to usurp the role of the State, particularly with their ideas of "God," I can sort of see an argument being made that by having faith in Christianity, one is committing treason, which is of course illegal. But that depends on my definition of the State, which no one else currently accepts.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There's no entrance exam.
If a bunch of radicals congregate in the same place long enough they're bound to attract wackos with their own, often opposing, agendas.

E. Nato Difficile

At least the Tea Party stood up for what they believe in.
Uh, yeah. They evidently believe that Obama was born in Africa, the white community is being victimized by illegal immigrants and/or Muslims, paying taxes is a Communist plot, and things were a lot better before unions, feminists, and political correctness messed everything up.

-Nato

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Uh, yeah. They evidently believe that Obama was born in Africa, the white community is being victimized by illegal immigrants and/or Muslims, paying taxes is a Communist plot, and things were a lot better before unions, feminists, and political correctness messed everything up.

-Nato
If I put my head on backwards, your comments almost make sense.

Rakhel

Conservative Group Condemns Perceived Anti-Semitism By 'Occupy Wall Street' Protesters « CBS New York
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Is the “Occupy Wall Street” movement anti-Semitic?
Signs indicating that have surfaced. Yet when CBS 2′s Tony Aiello surveyed the situation Tuesday he found conflicting signs of both anti-Semitism and Jewish support.
In the half-acre park occupied by the protestors you had to look close, but it’s there – the words “Israel evil,” literature calling the establishment of Israel “a profound injustice,” and an invitation to a massive pro-Palestine march planned for next year.
And then there was an “Occupy Wall Street” supporter who wouldn’t give his name, but claimed to teach at the City University of New York.

israel-evil-sign.jpg
Some protesters inside Zuccotti Park are displaying anti-Semitic signs, but CBS 2 found many Jews protesting alongside non-Jews. (Photo: CBS 2)
The article goes on to say that the person with the sign was gone by and replaced with a Succah

E. Nato Difficile

If I put my head on backwards, your comments almost make sense.

No need to be disingenuous. We were all around when the Tea Party was spreading its xenophobic message and pining for the Good Old Days before civil rights, feminism, and multiculturalism.

-Nato