• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bigotry as practice

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
It's My Birthday!
I didn't ask you to "prove your faith." I asked you to back up your claim with evidence you claim to have.

We're on a debate forum ("General Religious Debates") where you made a claim. You made a claim about how you've been researching for 50 years, so I don't know why you think it's weird that someone would ask you to back up your claims about God(s). Why you'd put me on ignore for doing what we're supposed to be doing here is bizarre to me.

Do you think you should just be able to make claims and then have nobody challenge you on any of it, in a debate forum?
Well, I didn't offer to give evidence for it. I'm not putting you on ignore, you are not obnoxious about all this. I got tired of obnoxious replies, and am now unignoring a couple of posters. To some extent it was an emotional decision, so I admit I was too hasty.

One evidence for the Baha'i Faith is that Baha'u'llah stuck to His guns despite being persecuted from the outside of Baha'i, and being, in my view, unfairly accused of usurping the Bab and his appointee Mirza Yayha. He did not bad mouth Mirza Yayha until Mirza Yayha himself brought his opposition out into the open. Before then Baha'u'llah knew full well that Mirza Yayha was seeking to undermine Him quietly and Mirza Yayha even tried to kill Him, and Baha'u'llah kept it quiet.

The quality of Baha'u'llah's Writings just from a literary point of view was great if you read them. The insight in them of Islamic topics was breathtaking, but then perhaps you would have to have more knowledge of Islam to appreciate that. He didn't take time to reflect on what He dictated, it was just a continuous stream of Revelation, with citations from the Qur'an and Islamic traditions as He went along.

I hope that the moderators realize that this is not unsolicited evidence, so this is okay in their eyes. Perhaps I shouldn't say these things anyway because we are taught to only give evidences or proofs or whatever you want to call them unless we have someone we believe is ready to fairly evaluate what we say. I just have to hope you have some fairness. You are free to question what I say, and look up contrary evidence, I just ask you to be fair about it.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Good question. Religious Jews do not accept the state of Israel because it was not
founded by the Messiah. That's incredible.
Did God create life on earth, or did He 'command the seas to bring forth life' Gen 1.
Did God destroy Israel or did the Romans, as Daniel 9 puts it, 'After the sixty-two
‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing. The people of
the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come
like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed
.'

God deals through natural agencies.
So you agree that humans did it?
Why unnecessarily insert God into the equation then? Just because you want to?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Well, I didn't offer to give evidence for it. I'm not putting you on ignore, you are not obnoxious about all this. I got tired of obnoxious replies, and am now unignoring a couple of posters. To some extent it was an emotional decision, so I admit I was too hasty.

One evidence for the Baha'i Faith is that Baha'u'llah stuck to His guns despite being persecuted from the outside of Baha'i, and being, in my view, unfairly accused of usurping the Bab and his appointee Mirza Yayha. He did not bad mouth Mirza Yayha until Mirza Yayha himself brought his opposition out into the open. Before then Baha'u'llah knew full well that Mirza Yayha was seeking to undermine Him quietly and Mirza Yayha even tried to kill Him, and Baha'u'llah kept it quiet.

The quality of Baha'u'llah's Writings just from a literary point of view was great if you read them. The insight in them of Islamic topics was breathtaking, but then perhaps you would have to have more knowledge of Islam to appreciate that. He didn't take time to reflect on what He dictated, it was just a continuous stream of Revelation, with citations from the Qur'an and Islamic traditions as He went along.

I hope that the moderators realize that this is not unsolicited evidence, so this is okay in their eyes. Perhaps I shouldn't say these things anyway because we are taught to only give evidences or proofs or whatever you want to call them unless we have someone we believe is ready to fairly evaluate what we say. I just have to hope you have some fairness. You are free to question what I say, and look up contrary evidence, I just ask you to be fair about it.
I don't understand how this story is evidence of God(s) existing. Can you elaborate?

PruePhillip

So you agree that humans did it?
Why unnecessarily insert God into the equation then? Just because you want to?

I didn't 'want to'
It's there in the text, BOTH statements are made - God will bring to an end the
state of Israel and the Jews will go into exile. God didn't destroy Israel like He
destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah (also confirmed 2021 Jordan Valley air blast)
and then pluck up the Jews in his oversize hands and transplant them somewhere.
No, he sent the Romans.
Same with creation. God both 'created life' and 'commanded' that life be created
BY THE EARTH ITSELF, ie first a sterile oceanic cloud world, then clearing skies,
then continent emerging, then the earth creating life (first) and then the seas
creating life. WHO created life, God or the earth itself? Same question.

Truthseeker

It's My Birthday!
There is no "my logic" and "your logic."
There is just logic.
That's what you said before, I think. We're going around in circles. I never said anything about "my logic" and "your logic". So why are you saying this to me?:confused:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I didn't 'want to'
It's there in the text, BOTH statements are made - God will bring to an end the
state of Israel and the Jews will go into exile. God didn't destroy Israel like He
destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah (also confirmed 2021 Jordan Valley air blast)
and then pluck up the Jews in his oversize hands and transplant them somewhere.
No, he sent the Romans.
Same with creation. God both 'created life' and 'commanded' that life be created
BY THE EARTH ITSELF, ie first a sterile oceanic cloud world, then clearing skies,
then continent emerging, then the earth creating life (first) and then the seas
creating life. WHO created life, God or the earth itself? Same question.
But you did, after agreeing that human beings created Israel. No God required.
Just because some text in an old book says so, I'm supposed to believe a God did it, when I know humans did it?

I always find it pretty weird that this all-powerful God has to enlist humans to do some of his dirty work for him and can't just do stuff himself. I mean, we're supposedly talking about some all-powerful creator that made everything we see, but he can't make the nation of Israel or dash babies heads against rocks himself - he's gotta get humans to do that stuff for some reason.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
That's what you said before, I think. We're going around in circles. I never said anything about "my logic" and "your logic". So why are you saying this to me?:confused:
You sound like you're trying to say you use some special logic and reason that other people don't use, to reach your conclusions.

Kelly of the Phoenix

What is the bike model? Looks nice.
Google Gomorrah Sodom and read the recent work - an airburst over the Jordan
Valley destroyed all the cities and took out 50,000 lives - smothering many of them
in molten salt (recall Lot's wife.)
The migration into Canaan was quite plausible because it happened at the same
time as the Phillistines arrived, and whole civilizations fell. So Hebrews going from
Egypt into Canaana wasn't such a big thing.
But they also didn’t flee Egypt because at the time it’s assumed to happen, Egypt owned the location anyway.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Well, if you don't see it as evidence, then you don't. I'll let you think for yourself. You could ponder this yourself, and investigate further if you wanted to.
I'm asking YOU how those words are evidence that "that Baha'u'llah was a prophet of God."

You're right, I don't see it as evidence, which is why I'm asking how how and why you consider those words evidence that "that Baha'u'llah was a prophet of God."

Truthseeker

It's My Birthday!
I'm asking YOU how those words are evidence that "that Baha'u'llah was a prophet of God."

You're right, I don't see it as evidence, which is why I'm asking how how and why you consider those words evidence that "that Baha'u'llah was a prophet of God."
Why is it important to you that I justify it as evidence for me? I decline to do that, it is between me and God. Do you hope to attack my reasoning about why it is evidence? I don't want any of that. I don't want an argument over that. Are you on a mission here to disabuse people here of beliefs you consider irrational? The evidence I presented is not the whole evidence, either. I cannot do that in a short manner. Some of the evidence is inner, within myself. There's nothing I can say to you about that. All evidence is not outer objective facts.